Hi!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2004, 04:34 AM
cowboysangel
Good morning everyone, hope you are all doing well. Just needed some advice, opinions, whatever you may have to offer, and this may get a bit long.
I am currently pregnant, will be 16 weeks tomorrow. This is my fifth pregnancy
#1-miscarriage
#2- went into labor @ 24 wks, they couldn't stop it and I delivered my angel Morgan, who only survived 11 hours.
#3- went into labor @ 24 wks, were able to stop it this time and I delivered DS @ 37 wks.
#4- went into labor @ 22 wks, were not able to stop it, and I delivered my angel Hailee, who only survived 2 hours.
So needless to say, even though we have tried for almost two years to get pregnant with this one, and are so excited now that we are, I am still so nervous it's driving me nuts. Whether I have an incompetant cervix, or it is just preterm labor is still up in the air, but I have a terrific high risk doctor who is willing to do everything in his power to ensure I carry our baby as long as possible. I had a cerclage placed two weeks ago, at that time he said my cervix was almost a full cm shorter than what they like, so he thinks that this was the best thing to do, it was still closed tight though, he is also going to put me on preventive meds @ my 20th week, probably a terbutiline pump (terb is what I was on with DS, but in pill form, and it did it's job then). I have also had a cervical cone and lasering of my cervix done in the last two years due to carcinoma in-situ (which thankfully they got all of) and doc says this may even work to my benefit since ladies in the past who have had this done, have problems with their cervix dilating when the time comes. My question is, do any of you ladies have any history similar to mine, or know anyone with a history similar to mine, that you may be able to tell me what happened with your pregnancy, or what I may be able to expect. Has anyone had any luck with this procedure? Sorry this is so long, just trying to get it all out there so someone might be able to help me better.
October 27th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had any problems with an incompetent cervix but I do know girls who have and a cerclage in and have done great.

I do have experience with Terb though and Magnesium Sulfate. It sounds to me like your dr is doing EVERYTHING possible to help. With the Cerclage and the terb I think you should be fine and I'll definately be sending out good and healthy vibes to you. Has he mentioned bedrest? It's likely if he puts you on terb at 20 weeks you'll probably be on modified bedrest, especially with your history of premature birth
November 8th, 2004, 05:49 AM
holly76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to holly76
I've never heard of the procedure, but I just wanted to check to see how your doing. Sounds like you have a great doctor.
November 9th, 2004, 05:29 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't ever been in your shoes but I will keep you in my prayers and please keep us posted!
November 15th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
My boys were born at 30 weeks. You might want to post on the premie board too if you haven't. I didn't have the cerc but I too have known many who have had good luck with it. What I wanted to tell you was are you aware of the steroid they can give you to help baby's lungs develop faster if they know you are going to deliver premature? My water broke and they gave it to me immediately. you are suppose to get another injection in 24 hrs. We didn't make it that far. But they did get some and I often wonder if that's why they were off the ventilator so fast and has so many less breathing issues than many babies born later than they were. They came home 4 weeks later, at gestational age of 34 weeks, which is usually unheard of. I think it may have been what made the difference. So if he hasn't mentioned it be sure you ask. Maybe you can have a game plan for it so you can get it if you are starting to have signs of going into premature labor. You really need 48 hours. I don't know how much it can help at 24wks and under, there are so many other issues. but I know it definitely can help over that mark. I'm glad you have a good dr who is watching you like a hawk.
November 15th, 2004, 03:42 PM
zonapellucida
My thoughts are with you. I have no history similar but will keep you in my prayers (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))
January 15th, 2005, 10:48 PM
AUGMOM's Avatar Veteran
I just wanted to tell you good luck and you must be a strong person. I will be praying for you.
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
The day you deliver, outside will be foggy. Your baby will arrive in the evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 4 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 8 pounds, 11 ounces, and will be 19-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and some very fine hair.
January 16th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
Your doctor sounds great! I hope everything goes well.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
March 8th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Veteran
Hi, (dont know your name!) I wanted to say a few things. First off, my heart goes out to you for all that you have endured. I wish you the best of luck with this one and am happy to hear you have a good HR doctor. There is NOTHING better than a good doctor to help you with your medical problems, it can make all the difference in the world. Also, I dont have your problem I just wanted to say I hope you find the help and or support you need here. I posted in this forum a while ago and I guess nobody has my problem as I did not get one response to my post. Its very scary and lonely when you are dealing with a situation that nobody else seems to be having. To have someone else to talk to that is going through it or went through it would be a huge help. I dont wish my problem or yours on anyone of course but with all the women in this world, all the pregnancys and all the medical problems there usually is someone out there to discuss your situation with. I hope you find someone for yourself so you dont have to walk this path alone. My prayers are with you for a healthy and full term pregnancy. God bless.
Dee
[My question is, do any of you ladies have any history similar to mine, or know anyone with a history similar to mine, that you may be able to tell me what happened with your pregnancy, or what I may be able to expect. Has anyone had any luck with this procedure? Sorry this is so long, just trying to get it all out there so someone might be able to help me better.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/quote]
[B][FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=red]Expecting #2 July 8th '05 after 10+ years since last baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search