pre-e?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2007, 09:27 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
Hi! My name is Danielle, mommy to Matthew and baby due in June. Over the last few weeks my blood pressure has been high. Two weeks ago I went in for my diabetic consult and it was 150/88. A few hours later I went into my dr and it was 140/80. After sitting for a few hours in there it had gone down. When I saw my dr on Monday it was 126/70. That was too high for her. Since I usually run lower she said she doesn't want to see me over 120. Oh ya, there was no protein in my urine. Yesterday, I had another diabetic consult and my bp was 140/88 so the nurse said she would let my dr know-but I haven't heard anything yet. I called this morning and left a message. My feet were also pretty swollen yesterday, so the nurse wasn't happy about that. She said if I get any more symptoms get to the hospital ASAP. So far, so good. I guess I'm just really freaking out-I CAN'T be put in the hospital-I have a 2 year old and no one to watch him. Anyway, has anyone ever had pre e? Can you have it without the protein in your urine?
April 26th, 2007, 10:38 AM
sprouthead's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sprouthead Send a message via MSN to sprouthead
i hope you are okay! i don't have pre-e but i'm almost positive that you have to have protein in your urine for that diagnosis. i think if it's just high blood pressure then there's another word for it but i can't think of it now. how far along are you? isn't there a medication that they can give you if your bp gets too high?
April 26th, 2007, 10:59 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
Quote:
i hope you are okay! i don't have pre-e but i'm almost positive that you have to have protein in your urine for that diagnosis. i think if it's just high blood pressure then there's another word for it but i can't think of it now. how far along are you? isn't there a medication that they can give you if your bp gets too high?[/b]
I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. I'm not sure about meds, my dr hasn't mentioned it. But I do have an appointment in a few hours-hopefully I will know something by then.
April 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM
sprouthead's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sprouthead Send a message via MSN to sprouthead
Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search