depressed

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy

sorry guys, I dont suffer well. I feel like a ticking time bomb laying in this bed waiting to bleed again. I haven't gotten a lot of anwsers from my doctor but from what I gather, I have a small blood clot in my placenta....an arruption. I've had 2 major bleeds but I haven't bled anything but a little brown blood in eight days. I should know, I wipe myself every 5 or 10 minutes or so. I've been on strict bed rest for 13 days now.

I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I have people to talk to but no one, not even my husband understands. I have a lot of people taking care of me. My cousin made me soup and aruged with my doctor to let me use one of those bed side toilets instead of a bedpan. My mother in law is staying here to take care of me. My mother bought me a maternity pillow and cooked her famous chicken. My husband bought flowers and pictures and plants so I would have things to look at so I have a lot of support.

What I need are answers. My doctor told me to just lay back, cross my fingers, and hope for the best and it's just not good enough. I have my level two ultra sound with a high risk doctor on friday. Not only am I scared that my daughter won't be alive. (im 19 weeks....havent felt my baby move yet) I am scared that even if she is alive, there will be no answers. He will tell me that he will see me in two weeks and again to play the waiting game, lie back, and hope for the best. If this happens, I don't think I will be able to take it. I'm not strong.

in addition to the emotional pain, I had spent eight days without going to the bathroom(2)....it was so painful, I could barely breath. I'm afraid that in a few days, the pain will be back. Right now, im popping stool softeners, fiber powers, and prune juce. I went to the bathroom for the first time yesterday and some of the pain was lifted. I still have a lot stuck in there and im afraid pushing will cause another bleed but with some of the pain gone, my mind has a chance to focus on my anger, confusion, worry, and the monitony which has become my life. I'm so scared....when I don't have a tissue in my hand to check if im bleeding, I go into a panic.

I wasnt always like this
May 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM
kimberkin's Avatar Super Mommy
First I would like to say I am sorry that your having to go through this, and you should definately let your doctor know how your feeling.
I have definately had my moments this pregnancy with depression and anxiety. Its awesome that you have a good support system to take care of you! But I can completely relate to going crazy just waiting. Unfortunately sometimes that is all we can do. But being a high risk pregnancy I can tell you that you will have more opportunities to see your baby on ultrasounds and special tests that most moms don't get, that helps a little, knowing every few weeks they are doing ok and getting to see them move and kick around. Its hard to not have any answers... I do not have a clot in my placenta, but I do know women who have and have carried to "full term" (37 weeks). There are several women on jm that have gone through what your going through now. The cord can heal itself, and although the waiting game completely sucks, just because you have had the blood loss doesn't mean your baby isn't ok right now. You are definately in my T&P! I hope everything goes well at your High risk doc, please keep us posted and let us know how everything goes!

May 7th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
First I would like to say I am sorry that your having to go through this, and you should definately let your doctor know how your feeling.
I have definately had my moments this pregnancy with depression and anxiety. Its awesome that you have a good support system to take care of you! But I can completely relate to going crazy just waiting. Unfortunately sometimes that is all we can do. But being a high risk pregnancy I can tell you that you will have more opportunities to see your baby on ultrasounds and special tests that most moms don't get, that helps a little, knowing every few weeks they are doing ok and getting to see them move and kick around. Its hard to not have any answers... I do not have a clot in my placenta, but I do know women who have and have carried to "full term" (37 weeks). There are several women on jm that have gone through what your going through now. The cord can heal itself, and although the waiting game completely sucks, just because you have had the blood loss doesn't mean your baby isn't ok right now. You are definately in my T&P! I hope everything goes well at your High risk doc, please keep us posted and let us know how everything goes![/b]

Thank you. Felt better just getting it all out. as far as i know the baby is fine.....I think. Still it would be nice to feel her move and im wondering if it's abnormal not to feel her in my 19th week. Last ultrasound i had at 17 week, she was 15.2 cm. I have no clue what that means.

thank you for the reply. It's nice to have people who know what it's like to have those "crazy moments" I will keep you posted on the level two ultrasound on friday. This doctor is kinda an ###@. He told me that my chances of having this baby were 50/50....that i would either have the baby or i would bleed and miscarry her. He said this as soon as i saw her moving around and found out she was a girl.

My regular doctor told me not to read too much into what he said.....that he has to show that anything is possible and that perhaps he was so stern with me in order to point out the severity of the situation. Sill i wish he were more careful with me.

Although the waiting is killing me to find out if my baby is okay, i am afraid of this doctor.
May 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are having such a rough pregnancy. I know how scary it can be just waiting for news. There is a great organization that offers support to high risk and bed-ridden mothers. It is wonderful and they have a great magazine dedicated to it. It's nice to know you're not alone with your suffering.
They can also hook you up with someone near you who has been through what you are going through and can just be someone to talk to when you are laying there bored out of your mind!
You can get info about them at http://sidelines.org/ Seriously check them out. It is a great support. I met with one lady near me who had had placenta previa and it was nice talking to someone who understands!
I hope you get some real answers soon!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search