update on further

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Told you I'd give you an update. I got to go out in the car today. First time out of bed in two weeks. It felt so very overwhelming, especially since I had little sleep the night before. It's hard to sleep when your in bed all day.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get a level 2 3d ultrasound today. The nurse wanted to give me a cervical examination but I refused. See, the last time I had a heavy bleed, I had recieved three cervical exams within the two days before. The nurse respected my decision and went on with the level 2. At first, I was crying and didn't want to look until the nurse started laughing. She told me to look at the screen. She had printed "hello" and right below it was a waving hand. after that, I felt a lot better. The nurse measured every part and every time she measured an organ, she would assure me how normal everything was going. I asked her if they were going to look at my placenta and she told me that of course they would and that the doctor wouldnt let me leave without letting me know everything that was going on. What a sweet nurse. At the end of the ultrasound, the nurse told me that she had some time left and she wanted us to see the baby the way she is so she showed us our girl in 4d. VERY VERY CREEPY! I'm not going to lie. She's still a beauty though.

then the doctor came in and I was scared again. This is the same doctor who told us two weeks ago that I had only a 50/50 chance. He told me that the baby was progressing normally and that the blood clot in my placenta shrank so much, it's not a big deal. He said that my heavy bleeding was caused by a very low lying placena. He called it placenta priva. He told me that the bad news was he was going to keep me on strict bed rest but that I would have some freedom. I can use the bathroom, I can shower every few days, considering my piano studio is downstairs, I could continue to teach as long as i only use the stairs once to go up and down a day. no walks, no sex, no cleaning, no standing for me than five minutes, no car rides except to the doctor, no cooking, no bar hopping...jk.

the good news is, we are having a baby!!!! This condition is normaly not fatal to the baby and in 90 percent of cases, it is resolved by the 30th week. isn't that fantastic......to have a baby with all of her toes and fingers and a beautiful heart and spine who has a chance at life.

So, im still bored sitting here on my butt. I would so love to just go to the mall and the movies and out to eat and to the park. I want to hit the baby shops and buy nice clothes for her. I want to just spend all my money on her and paint her room....I want to go out with my friends. I want to be a hands on boss in my school like I used to be. Instead of letting my husband handle the teachers and students. This is not the fun pregnancy that I had imagined it to be BUT

WE HAVE OUR GIRL....how cool is that....thanks for reading...It was a bad two weeks...this helped
May 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
klfc28
That is really good news!! I'm so glad to hear that things are improving. Bed rest stinks but if that is what it takes to get that wonderful baby girl here safe and sound, then that is what must be done.

Congrats on the good appointment! Keep us updated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search