Member Roll Call. Who's all here???

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello!!! Im your new host for this board.
My name is Melissa. I am a stay at home mom. I have a 3yr old daughter, and 8yr old stepson and
Im being induced with my baby boy on Tuesday may 22nd!!!
I have had preterm labor problems since 30wks.....

Anyway, Im wondering who is all here on the board. So please introduce yourself
and tell me about you. Thanks!!! B)

May 17th, 2007, 11:27 AM
klfc28
Hi! I am here. I am Kristin, 28 yrs old, stay at home wife for right now. Pregnant with our first.

I am scheduled for a laparotomy on Tuesday to remove a massive cyst from my abdomen that most likely is attached to an ovary, in which I would also loose the ovary and tube. I am just hoping its the right side since that was the side I was told was fully blocked during my HSG in late November and that my left side will be saved. I am being cut straight down the middle of my abdomen, the entire length. Due to all this, I am going to be high risk for most of this pregnancy, or atleast it looks that way. And the cyst will be tested for cancerous cells, so that is an additional worry on us.

I have a 5% chance of pre-term labor due to the surgery but 0% survival chance for the baby if I don't have the surgery. I will be in the hospital for 3-4 days after surgery, and on lots of restrictions for 2 weeks, but most likely 4-6 weeks in attempt to prevent pre-term labor. I will only be 17 weeks at the time of surgery, so this is all very scary.
May 17th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hi! I am here. I am Kristin, 28 yrs old, stay at home wife for right now. Pregnant with our first.

I am scheduled for a laparotomy on Tuesday to remove a massive cyst from my abdomen that most likely is attached to an ovary, in which I would also loose the ovary and tube. I am just hoping its the right side since that was the side I was told was fully blocked during my HSG in late November and that my left side will be saved. I am being cut straight down the middle of my abdomen, the entire length. Due to all this, I am going to be high risk for most of this pregnancy, or atleast it looks that way. And the cyst will be tested for cancerous cells, so that is an additional worry on us.

I have a 5% chance of pre-term labor due to the surgery but 0% survival chance for the baby if I don't have the surgery. I will be in the hospital for 3-4 days after surgery, and on lots of restrictions for 2 weeks, but most likely 4-6 weeks in attempt to prevent pre-term labor. I will only be 17 weeks at the time of surgery, so this is all very scary.[/b]
oh my....i hope everything goes well. be sure to update when you can.

May 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am here. I am high risk, although all is going well so far. My history (quick version):

With Belle my first I had placenta previa for a while, but as my uterus grew my placenta was no longer covering the os. Starting about half way through my pg it was discovered that I may be having ptl. I was on restricted activity for a while. Then starting at 22 weeks I was put on strict bedrest for my ptl. By 31 weeks I was completely effaced and her head was at +1, but I wasn't dilated. Remained on bedrest until 38 weeks. Was let off bedrest, but was so swollen it was hard to do much so I still wasn't up much. Went into full-fledge labor at almost 39 weeks. She was very healthy.

With Ryllan my second I started effacing by 7 weeks. By 13 weeks I need an emergency cerclage because I was 75% effaced and dilating (incompetent cervix). The cerclage pulled my cervix closed to only 1 cm open and it was removed at 36 weeks. I was 4-5 cm, totally effaced, and with his head at +1 for a while. lol. I went into labor at 37 weeks. He, too, was very healthy.

So far I have had u/s to check my cervix at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 weeks and although it is a little short it is not effacing so YAY!!!!! WoooHooo!!!!!! In a bit I will be into the time I started having issues with Belle. I didn't have the really early pg issues like I did with Ry and I am hoping not to have the last half of the pg issues that I had with Belle. If I don't have any ptl or an incompetent cervix this time it will be my first "normal" pregnancy!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

May 17th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am here. I am high risk, although all is going well so far. My history (quick version):

With Belle my first I had placenta previa for a while, but as my uterus grew my placenta was no longer covering the os. Starting about half way through my pg it was discovered that I may be having ptl. I was on restricted activity for a while. Then starting at 22 weeks I was put on strict bedrest for my ptl. By 31 weeks I was completely effaced and her head was at +1, but I wasn't dilated. Remained on bedrest until 38 weeks. Was let off bedrest, but was so swollen it was hard to do much so I still wasn't up much. Went into full-fledge labor at almost 39 weeks. She was very healthy.

With Ryllan my second I started effacing by 7 weeks. By 13 weeks I need an emergency cerclage because I was 75% effaced and dilating (incompetent cervix). The cerclage pulled my cervix closed to only 1 cm open and it was removed at 36 weeks. I was 4-5 cm, totally effaced, and with his head at +1 for a while. lol. I went into labor at 37 weeks. He, too, was very healthy.

So far I have had u/s to check my cervix at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 weeks and although it is a little short it is not effacing so YAY!!!!! WoooHooo!!!!!! In a bit I will be into the time I started having issues with Belle. I didn't have the really early pg issues like I did with Ry and I am hoping not to have the last half of the pg issues that I had with Belle. If I don't have any ptl or an incompetent cervix this time it will be my first "normal" pregnancy![/b]
wow youve been through alot. good luck i really hope this pregnancy goes smooth for you!!!

June 3rd, 2007, 07:56 PM
SoldiersWife's Avatar Member
Send a message via Yahoo to SoldiersWife
<span style="font-family:Arial Black">Hi y'all! I'm Brandi and I'm a Type 1 diabetic.....I have weekly doctor visits and weigh~ins( ugh ) and I have to check my sugar too many times a day but that's it. Major but not as major as others that I have read here. I'll pray for y'all and I pray y'all do the same! </span>

June 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
dreemedayze's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dreemedayze
Hello! I am jamie, momma to 2 wonderful kiddo's. SAHM and Full time student. (its exhausting, but well worth it!) My son is almost 4 and my daughter is almost 1. This was a very unexpected, but very loved pregnancy.

I am high risk for a number of reasons. Starting with my 3 previous miscarriages. I am almost to my milestone! I also have high blood pressure which ended in Pre-e with my son. However it was okay with my daughter. But I hemmoraghed twice after her. Once right after delivery and once at 3 weeks postpartum at home. (very scary)

So.. my pregnancy will be a sight to see!

Jamie

Due 09/07/09
June 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Further here(my name is jaime too! )

I have placenta abrupto and privia. Haven't had a bleed in 6 wks. Go me
June 4th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to twresamarie Send a message via MSN to twresamarie Send a message via Yahoo to twresamarie
im teresa..........hum.........have had many m/c's-->when i was 18,22,24,26(one twin lived, only live birth) 28, 30, 31, and just this last one at 32..........when i was younger i had may have had so many due to the heavy ativity of the military.........but none of them have made it to the six week mark. with my twins, i lost the plug at about the six week mark, and one died.........but three days later, was told that i was still pregnant (hcg level raised thu da roof)......so many er visits later, one baby boy...........28/30 was a lil'to active and the lil'beans didn't stick.at the time i had a new born, an then a toddler to deal with(single parenting) .....31 was a chem. pg.
this last one, omg where to begain..............
i knew i was preggers, some two weeks before any test could tell me..........lol. had 1st hpt+ on the 17.........waited to 25th to get beta done, still under 12 hcg mil, so waited some more had 5 more hpt come up+. then doom
was in the wrong spot at the wrong time.
was hit in the back (not so hard, but hard enough) had the sharp pain that doubles ya over, n was dizzy............knew it was over. im still wishing i guess. hasn't sunk in yet.........but it will. debating on try'n again........dont know how soon to wait!
so thats where im at.
im also rh- n have a sytom of some thing that causes m/c's, so i know itd hard for me but ima keep try'n........
June 5th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Hi all! My name is Sheryl,& I am a mom of 3 in Kansas,ages 19,12 & 4 ! I am 34 weeks along w/ a baby boy. I have placenta previa,& have been hospitalized twice due to bleeding. Have since had 2 more bleeds. The placenta is now about 1.4cm away from the cervical os,hoping to make it to the 2-3 that the OB is wanting! Otherwise facing my first C/S. This seems like a very helpful,friendly place!
June 5th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, Chelle Here!

With my last pregnancy, I had twins, I was in PTL from 16 weeks on, I was on modified bed rest and then full at 22 weeks, then hospitalized at 31 weeks until the birth of my twins at 33.1 weeks. I had Toxemia, high BP, and I gained 45 lbs of water weight in 1.5 weeks I was huge. After the twins were born I started to have issues with dizziness and heart racing, course I thought it was panic attacks. Here I was in early heart failure, my hearts left side was only functoning at 30%. I was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy, which they also say is Post Partum Cardiomyopathy.

I had Gastric Bypass in 2006, I got pregnant at 9 months post op.

So I am now seen by a High Risk Dr, I had to switch my hospital of choice to deliver, in case something happens with my heart, I need to be at aheart special hospital. My heart is not fully recovered, so there is a 5-10% chance of lowering my Ejection fracture and of Heart failure. So I am being watched with watchful eyes.

Well I thought nothing could add to my problems, but I also had surgery at 14 weeks to repair a hernia. And then last week was admitted for Labor and Delivery for 4 days, because I was having Pre Term Contractions five mins apart. I was given IV's and Indocin to stop the contractions, they did for a bit then picked up again,so we haad to continue the therapy. Because of my heart they can't use Terbutiline or Mag Sulfate, because of what it will do to worsen my heart, But if the contractions start they will have to discuss using one of those and watch me closely! Thank goodness there was not cervix change. So I am home and on bedrest of sorts.

<div align="center"></div>
June 5th, 2007, 08:45 AM
katee0921's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm Kate, I'm High Risk due to my heart condition (pulmonic stenosis) and my DD was born with one kidney that functions & VSD, so they monitor me very closely throughout my pregnancy. So far with this pregnancy all is going well. I have seen the high risk OB and with the latest U/S everything looked great. no kidney problems for this little one so far. The VSD in my DD they didn't find until after she was born, so I'm waiting for that to creep up on us after he's here.
June 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I am Heather...I just found out I am pregnant with #2 last week. I am due in Feb. 2008. I am high risk due to me getting HELLP Syndrome with my last pregnancy... Even though they classify me as high risk, I am hoping I don't get it again... Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself

June 6th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am new here my name is Donna I am at 8w 4d. I have had alot of problems in past pregnancies and diabetic so they are considering me high risk already. i just want to say i will be dropping in often

<MARQUEE//MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search