Placenta Previa

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Does anyone here have any experiance w/ this? I have had 3 bleeds now,and have been hospitalized twice. I am on bedrest now. Due date is July 18,I'm on week 31. It's pretty hard to find much info on it out there.
May 17th, 2007, 03:02 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did have it, but it my placenta was no longer over my os by 31 weeks. As my uterus grew the placenta moved up with the uterus where it was attached. With this pg I have a low-lying placenta as well. I will know at my 20 week u/s if it is covering the os.

Anything I can telly you I am sure you already know. If your placenta is still covering your os completely or partially when you get closer to term then you will need a c-section of course. Is your placenta completely covering your os or only partially. The more it is covering your os the more likely you are to have a hemorrhage so bedrest if vital as your baby gets bigger and puts more pressure on your placenta. If your placenta does not move out of the way (it doesn't actually more because it is attached to your uterine wall, but as your uterus grows it gets pulled up higher usually) then you are looking at a c-section around 36 or 37 weeks probably.

Stay laying down!!!! And I really hope that your placenta moves before your reach term!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

May 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Hi there Sharon,
Thanks so much for the super-speedy response! I just found this forum,and am really happy to have finally found a what appears to be a great pregnancy forum!
Well, at the last sonogram, the dr said the placenta was now a centimeter away, which was good news. I just had my third bleed last night, which is really puzzling after they said I was basically out of the woods. I was pretty upset at the care I recieved at my last hospital stay, and when I called the OB office today, the nurse simply said she'd tell my OB about last night's bleed. I have an appointment tomorrow morning. The odd thing about these last 2 bleeds was that I started bleeding pretty heavily, then passed a good sized blood clot, then the bleeding stopped. The drs really gave me no explanation for it. The bedrest is soooo boring, and also difficult w/ a four year old tornado ! I am 37, this is my 4th child,and last week they told me I flunked the 3 hour blood screen for gestational diabetes. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do here!!
May 17th, 2007, 03:22 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooo...it is on the move (so to speak) away from your os! That is very good. Even if it is no longer covering your os, but is still very low obviously it still has a lot of pressure on it so you should still stay on bedrest. Was your bleeding last night red or brown?

I don't have history with GD, but I do know that is more common so I am sure lots of mamas will have lots of info for you on that.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

May 17th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont know a whole lot about placenta previa but i looked around to see what i could find for you...here are a few good links. HTH

here is a link to the american pregnancy page:
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy...entaprevia.html

heres one with stories. called 'club previa' it looked helpful....
http://members.aol.com/nofoolkc/

and here is a page by ivillage on the topic:
http://obgyn.health.ivillage.com/pregnancy...ia|ob|PPC5337|s

also check out the sticky at the top of the page 'most common pregnancy complications', there are more links there.

May 17th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dayrey
I also had a Partial Previa...with several bleeds and bedrest. Toximia turned eclampsia complicated matters but in the end I bled again at 33 weeks and delivered my daughter. The placenta came out in pieces and my Dr said it was just falling apart...so it was probably a good thing that we delivered at 33 weeks rather then have the placenta totally abrupt and tear away and cause dangers for me and the baby. Even at 33 weeks and 4 lbs my daughter is totally healthy and adjusted. Just make sure you get monitored regularly and we did steriod shots to develop the lungs....I would also want the Dr to do the Fetal stress tests to see if your bleeds are coming now due to pressure from contractions. Best of luck!
<iframe src = "http://w89.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstamp&featurena me=Familystamp&pa=/k222/dayrey01/siggie%20stamps/" height = 405 width = 390 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>
May 17th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Quote:
I also had a Partial Previa...with several bleeds and bedrest. Toximia turned eclampsia complicated matters but in the end I bled again at 33 weeks and delivered my daughter. The placenta came out in pieces and my Dr said it was just falling apart...so it was probably a good thing that we delivered at 33 weeks rather then have the placenta totally abrupt and tear away and cause dangers for me and the baby. Even at 33 weeks and 4 lbs my daughter is totally healthy and adjusted. Just make sure you get monitored regularly and we did steriod shots to develop the lungs....I would also want the Dr to do the Fetal stress tests to see if your bleeds are coming now due to pressure from contractions. Best of luck![/b]
Oh WOW... when you bled, did you also have clots like I have?I sure hope they weren't part of the placenta!
I just wonder why the heck the bleeding stopped both times after I passed the clots! The blod was bright red,& it was pretty scary,as aftrer I had a BM, I heard dripping, like water running, and couldn't figure out who had left the faucet on,as my husband & kids were asleep. It was me bleeding that I was hearing!
I also had the sterioid shots w/the first bleed. The baby's approx. weight is actually higher than what the charts say they should be,so I just hope we can make it a few more weeks.
I have a dr appt tomorrow, w/ a biophysical profile. I haven't noticed any contractions at all, for maybe a month. I was having them, a few weeks before the first bleeding episode in April. The first midwife & then the OB I was seeing didn't want to listen to me about the contractions, so now I am w/ yet another OB, who seems a bit more inclined to listen. The hospital was less than great, hoping to switch to another in the area instead.
May 25th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Anyone ever experiance any dark discharge w/ a previa? I have been spotting,nearly every day this week. OB said not to worry unless it's bright red, but givesme no explanation as to what it may be caused by. Can't seem to find any info or help anywhere about this. Every time I see it, I think it's my mucus plug,and that I'm going into labor,as I did that right before having all three of my kids. Like the blood clots,the OB just kind of shrugs it off,and it's very frustrating. As dark as it is,like almost black sometimes,really bugs me.
May 26th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about the discharge but I had complete previa and it never moved. I was blessed enough not to have any bleeds but I did have to deliver my boy at 36 weeks after an amnio determined his lungs were mature. He came out weighing 4 lbs 15 oz and had to stay in the nicu for a week. My c-section was a bit complicated as they accidentally cut my placenta and so I had to get two incisions but things have healed up nicely and my son is doing great!
The biggest thing with my previa is I had a lot of pelvic pain from it. Also since it was centered over my cervix my baby wrapped around my upper midsection and it caused a lot of discomfort up there.
I am glad yours in on the move, I hope it continues to move for you. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. Continue to take it easy. That's what I did and I think that had something to do with the no bleeds for me. If you want more info or anything feel free to pm me. It's always a bit scary to deal with something out of the ordinary.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

May 27th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Thank you,Momo! I have also been having alot more pelvic pain this time,I did / my other 3 babies but this time it started earlier,seems more intense. I'm so glad your little boy mad it OK!! I have made it to week 33 now, so I don't ave far to go! Crossing my fingers we get through these last few weeks w/out any more bleeds!!
July 3rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Here is a link to the Birth Story of my baby,Gavin Lee:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=663470

He was born via emergency C-Section at 35 weeks.
July 4th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Does anyone here have any experiance w/ this? I have had 3 bleeds now,and have been hospitalized twice. I am on bedrest now. Due date is July 18,I'm on week 31. It's pretty hard to find much info on it out there.[/b]

Annie, I've also had three bleeds and two hospital stays. Scary right? You'll be fine though!!! Only 2 more weeks to go!
July 8th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Here is a link to the Birth Story of my baby,Gavin Lee:
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=663470

He was born via emergency C-Section at 35 weeks.[/b]
Congratulations! What a scary time for you though. How are you doing with it all? Your baby is beautiful and I'm so glad that you and him made it ok.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search