I don't know where to ask this

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I thought I'd try here. I went to my u/s today and I am exactly 6 weeks. He found a heartbeat, but he said it's a little slow (110). From what I've read on the web, the heartbeat at 6 weeks is generally between 90-113, so I think it's okay. He ordered bloodwork and found that my progesterone level is 18.7. It's within normal range (9-47), but two weeks ago it was at 22.5. Does anyone know if your progesterone level normally fluctuates during pregnancy? He wants me to start supplements but I'm hesitant to. Has anyone had any expereince with taking them? Did they work? Are there any side effects? From what I've read, low progesterone levels don't cause miscarriage but are actually your body's response to an already failing pregnancy. If that's the case, I'd rather just let nature take it's course than try to keep a pregnancy that I'm going to lose later anyway. I just don't know what to do. I really don't want to take them if they're going to cause birth defects, especially when my level isn't really dangerously low. I don't know where to get a second opinion, especially over the weekend. But, if I am going to take them, I should start taking them ASAP. If anyone has any advice or knows where I can get advice, I would really appreciate it. TIA!

May 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM
klfc28
I don't have personal experience with this. But I have had many friends and heard of many people needing to take the progesterone supplements. They are safe from what I hear. If it were me, I would take the supplements. They are used to save a pregnancy in many cases. One of my friends would never have had her one daughter without taking them.

From what I know, low progesterone can induce miscarriage, hence taking the supplements will make the levels rise and keep you from m/c.

Try looking up progesterone levels or supplements on the internet for more research. Good luck!
May 18th, 2007, 06:07 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about the progesterone levels, but when I had a u/s with this baby at 6 weeks his heartrate was barely 110 as well. My doc did seem concerned because of that and the bleeding I had been having. But now I am almost 17 weeks and all is well. I wouldn't be worried about that heart rate at all. That is well within normal ranges for a 6 week old baby...a lot of the time a u/s can't even detect a heartbeat at only 6 weeks.

oops...I mean nowI am almost 18 weeks...going by sooo fast.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search