Retroplacental Bleed and placenta previa

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2007, 07:43 PM
Regular
I see a little way down the list that "further" is having the same issue. I am terrified. I am 15 weeks pregnant and my story goes much like hers....

I have been spotting brown throughout my entire pregnancy and have seen my OB every week for an ultrasound. Last week, i was gushing red blood and went to the hospital where they diagnosed me with placenta previa and a retroplacental clot. i have been on bed rest since, but have had 3 more bleeds since. I am seeing a perinatologist tomorrow for a level II ultrasound. This is my fourth pregancy over the last 2 years and all others have ended in miscarriage. I really need this one to work. I feel like i'm killing my poor baby. I dont know what to do. The doctor told me I have to get up and go to the bathroom and shower, but sometimes that CAUSES a bleed. I want to never shower again.

My whole life, i knew i would eat perfectly and excercise everyday during my pregnancy (which i do even when i am not pregnant) and wear cute clothes and walk hand in hand with my husband joking about baby names and room colors. Instead i lay here terrified to cough or pee or breathe and afraid to get attached to this beautiful baby.

My cervix is closed and looks healthy, and i have a doppler here and check my baby's heartbeat whenever an emergency arises. The baby has been in "distress" twice in my opinion where the heartrate was below 110. It is typically above 155.

I can be thankful at least that i am still pregnant. Each day that i wake up and hear that powerful heartbeat, i am so thankful. I just need to know that I will meet this baby sometime later rather than sooner and hold it and comfort it. 24 weeks is so far away (the earliest they are planning on taking the baby if it makes it), but they have only given our baby a 50/50 chance of making it.

I have never posted on a forum before. I have my best friend and a close co-woker to be pregnant with.(we are all within 4 weeks of each other)..but now this is a whole other ballgame. While they are out doing pre-natal yoga and eating tempeh sandwiches, I lay here only able to get through hour by hour. I am reaching out to hear how to get through the worry and the tears and the bedrest....please, any advice will help...

Thank you for listening.
May 31st, 2007, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
[quote]
I]

Rachael,

I'm really sorry you have to go through this. I wouldnt wish this kind of worry on my worst enemy. Yes, I totally know what you are going through. I know what it's like to feel like every cough, every move will cause the bleed to get worse. I had two weeks of lying in a bed. Not even bathroom rights. I went through about 14 boxes of tissues. Every few minutes, I felt compelled to wipe myself to see if the blood was brown or red(old or new blood). I remember days would pass on bed rest and there would be tv and movies on but I would have no idea what I was watching because I was so overcome with grief and worry and shock that I couldn't focus. Durring the hospital stay, I said inside my head to my baby, "sorry baby but I'm going to have to let go for a while. I can't think of you as a person anymore. I can't imagine what it will be like to watch you grow, to hold you, to take you to parks, to see your first school play. I can't go there anymore. All I can do is lay here and wipe and hope I don't bleed you out. I was even told by a bad high risk doctor that it would be best to terminate, that even if my baby survived, there would possibly be complecations. BUT......BIG BUT HERE.............................................. ..............................
.................................................. .....................

Here I am almost six weeks later and guess what?! I haven't had another bleed!!!!My baby had 2 level ultrasounds and she is looking PERFECT!. She's kicking right now as I type heheheheh. see we gals know when we are being talked about. although my placenta hasn't gone up yet, I still have a fantastic chance that it will move. There is a scab that has formed where the abruption was which means it's healing nicely. After one more check on my cervix, I will no longer have to see the high risk doctor and will be continuing with just a regular doctor. I will have to continue with motified bed rest which is a pain in the ##### but aside from that, both baby and I are feeling quite contend. There's life after this, Rachael. This is not the end. Rest Rest Rest and no matter what, get answers. You're a mother and you need to know about this condition. You will be amazed how many woman actually have gone through this and have gone on to have beautiful healthy babies.

I will be honest with you, there may be ramifications. Your baby is at increased risk of PROM which is premature labor and may grow a little on the small side. This is not an emperical thing. This MAY happen but not always and even if it does, your baby STILL has a fantastic chance.

What you are describing is called SCH which is subchorionic Hematoma. It's a blood clot. Sometimes it bleeds out which is good. Sometimes it doesnt but reabsorbs which is also good. Sometimes it never goes away and sometimes it even gets bigger but in most of these cases, the result is usuially a baby in the end. like I said, you are SO not alone. I now belong to a support group of women who have this condition. It's in yahoo groups. It's called SCH group. There are hundreds of us gals there and we are all doing pretty good.

As for the previa, it sucks but it's also not a deatgh sentence! 90 percent of cases resolve itself by week 30. Even if it doesnt resolve, that just means you may have to have a c-section which isn't so bad. Hey! no labor pain.

I hope what I wrote helped. Please try not to be too frightened. This will pass. Pm me anytime and you may email me if you'd like. JaimeRyder@yahoo.com.
May 31st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are having such a rough time. I want you to go to Sidelines , it's a national network of women volunteers who have been through what you've been through and want to be an ear to listen to you, someone to talk to you when you are bored out of your mind on bedrest, and basically just a supportive person who understands your difficulties.
There are volunteers all over and when I had placenta previa I met with a lady near me and it was just nice to talk to someone who's been through it and things turned out ok.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

June 1st, 2007, 11:36 AM
klfc28
I'm so sorry you are going through this and have had so many complications in the past. It truely is no fun. I really hope that things turn around for you and start getting better.

I am not going through anything like you are, but am on modified bed rest for the next month and it totally stinks. So I can atleast relate there. I am here as a sounding board or if you need to talk. I am usually always on, so feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Stay strong and keep that little one baking as long as possible. hopefully you can make it to atleast 24 weeks, if not longer. 50/50 is better than 0 chance.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search