hey rachael c!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to see if you were okay. rooting for ya
June 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Regular
Thank you for thinking of me. We had our level II yesterday and got some good news. I don't have placenta previa, so at least it is just one condition we need to get through. Sadly though, we saw that the clot was bigger than the baby, much bigger than last wednesday. I had another terrible bleed yesterday, but it was short and i have had no bleeding to speak of today. I dont know how hopeful I should feel.

Yesterday was so bittersweet...we saw everything so perfect in there...every finger and toe, it's stomach, kidneys, and beautifully full bladder. The spine was perfect and it was moving so much. We couldnt see the gender, though and I am not sure if am thankful for that or not. I'm so afraid to get attached and at the same time I feel as though I am missing this time with the baby that we should be enjoying.

I am seeing my OB on monday to better go over the results of the scan and hopefully a prognosis. I am on strict bed rest only getting up to use the bathroom. I am lucky because i have alot of help so I am able to to this without too much stress.

I hope you are doing well too, your story makes me so hopeful.

Here's to hoping for healthy babies!
June 3rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
[quote]
Thank you for thinking of me. We had our level II yesterday and got some good news. I don't have placenta previa, so at least it is just one condition we need to get through. Sadly though, we saw that the clot was bigger than the baby, much bigger than last wednesday. I had another terrible bleed yesterday, but it was short and i have had no bleeding to speak of today. I dont know how hopeful I should feel.

Yesterday was so bittersweet...we saw everything so perfect in there...every finger and toe, it's stomach, kidneys, and beautifully full bladder. The spine was perfect and it was moving so much. We couldnt see the gender, though and I am not sure if am thankful for that or not. I'm so afraid to get attached and at the same time I feel as though I am missing this time with the baby that we should be enjoying.

I am seeing my OB on monday to better go over the results of the scan and hopefully a prognosis. I am on strict bed rest only getting up to use the bathroom. I am lucky because i have alot of help so I am able to to this without too much stress.

I hope you are doing well too, your story makes me so hopeful.

Here's to hoping for healthy babi/quote]

no previa! That really makes things easier for you! Now you just have to get rid of this annoying sch blood clot. So many women in the yahoo sch group have had multiple bleeds, they have been through the clots getting bigger/smaller and almost every day, a woman on there is writing about how she just delived a healthy baby inspite of the stupid sch.

Like I said before, this condition does not usuially affect the child. Bed rest is recomended becuse your body needs to rest so that the blood clot can reabsorb and heal. I remember my level 2. heheheheh perfect baby just jumping around everywhere. It was so cool. I even got to see her in 4d! What a trip that was.

So, tomorrow I see the high risk doctor for the LAST time! he said if my cervix is good, he doen't need to see me again and I can just see my normal doctor like an average pregnant chick. I have another check up with the regular 2 weeks from now and if everything looks good, maybe my doctor will let me go swimming! I want to go to the pool club and scare all the little kiddies with my boom babba belly.

Oh....and six weeks without a single drop of blood! It's a happy story, Rachael, and it will be a happy ending for me as well in about 3 1/2 months. It will be a happy ending for you too! This time next year, you'll be grillin, chillin, and changing diapers!

keep us posted!
June 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Regular
I'm so happy things are going well for you and your little one! I hope your visit goes well and you never have to see your high risk again!

I had a rough night last night. I have a doppler at home and last night we watched as the baby's heart rate dipped low into the 80's and then SLOWLY climbed back up to 160. We thought we were watching our baby die, it was so hard. Now I am very afraid it is not getting enough oxygen just as the Dr predicted. We were never diagnosed with a SCH, what we have is a retroplacental bleed/ placental abruption. What that means is that the blood clot is actually tearing the placenta away from the uterine wall. The baby can not tolerate more than 50% abruption, so we are praying the tearing will stop. We do see that there is some tearing of the chorion away from the wall as well as it clears a path to let the blood out. I have not bled in two days so at least i get a break from that, but i am so concerned about the brain damage that this may be causing. I guess we will never know if that is occuring. One thing we learned though at the level II is that the baby didn;t grow at all in a week. It is still measuring 14 weeks 6 days and I am 16 weeks, when the DAY my bleeding started it had JUST caught up to its due date. So I am also concerned about that. I am going to my regular OB tomorrow and am going to ask him to measure the baby on his macchine again so that we are comparing apples to apples. The perinatologist did say that sometimes two machines can be different so I am holding into that hope.

Thanks so much for listening to my anxious ramblings!
June 3rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm so happy things are going well for you and your little one! I hope your visit goes well and you never have to see your high risk again!

I had a rough night last night. I have a doppler at home and last night we watched as the baby's heart rate dipped low into the 80's and then SLOWLY climbed back up to 160. We thought we were watching our baby die, it was so hard. Now I am very afraid it is not getting enough oxygen just as the Dr predicted. We were never diagnosed with a SCH, what we have is a retroplacental bleed/ placental abruption. What that means is that the blood clot is actually tearing the placenta away from the uterine wall. The baby can not tolerate more than 50% abruption, so we are praying the tearing will stop. We do see that there is some tearing of the chorion away from the wall as well as it clears a path to let the blood out. I have not bled in two days so at least i get a break from that, but i am so concerned about the brain damage that this may be causing. I guess we will never know if that is occuring. One thing we learned though at the level II is that the baby didn;t grow at all in a week. It is still measuring 14 weeks 6 days and I am 16 weeks, when the DAY my bleeding started it had JUST caught up to its due date. So I am also concerned about that. I am going to my regular OB tomorrow and am going to ask him to measure the baby on his macchine again so that we are comparing apples to apples. The perinatologist did say that sometimes two machines can be different so I am holding into that hope.

Thanks so much for listening to my anxious ramblings![/b]
I'm really sorry you are going through all of this. I was also diagnosed with placenta abruption but I consider it a sch cause it happened before the 20th week. My doctor had let me know about the oxygen thing as well. Scary thought, I know. We just have to play the waiting game a little longer, my dear. Remember, doctors have to tell you the worst. My father was an administrator in a hospital and had to train the doctors how to cover their butts so in case of an emergency, they couldn't get sued.

Placenta abruption is not a death sentence, especially at 15/16 weeks. plenty of time to heal I am wondering how big is your abruption? Mine is 6.5 cm I believe which is moderate. My old doctor had mentioned the possibility of neurological problems down the road but when I mentoned this to the high risk doctor, he said that it was possible but not very likely. When the abruption is small or moderate, it is likely that the baby will loose some oxygen but not enough to cause a ton of damage. It all depends on the location of the abruption and the size.

I was personally born with IUGR Intrauterine Growth Restriction. I was under 4 lbs. Doc had suspected my development was a bit delayed in the womb. I didn't have any problems because of it. My lung capacity slightly less than normal but thats never stopped me from normal activities. Other than that, I look like everybody else and my brian is pretty sharp inspite of all the brain cells I lost in college.

It sucks a lot and it's scary I know but as the weeks get by, it will get better. Soon, you'll feel your baby kick and you'll know it's cool.
My gal's heart rate did take a bit of a dive after the bleeds as well but went back up and has stayed between 140 and 150.

please keep on getting monitored. keep measuring that baby. There are many woman who have these kind of tears who have iugr measurments and eventually, they catch up to everyone else. The key is not letting the abruption get worse. Thats why staying off your feet is good. When you lay down, you are taking the pressure off the placenta thus letting it heal. Also, bed rest will help the blood and oxygen flow to your baby. They say lying on your left side is best. Try to drink a lot of fluids as well. This can prevent preterm labor. I know I sound like a freaking nurse! hehehehehe

I am seeing the high risk dr tomorrow. Before I go, is there anything you would like me to ask him?
June 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Regular
Hey, Further, how was your appt with your high risk dr??? I hope all went well and you are by the pool sipping something out of a coconut.

I have not been on in a while because of so many ups and downs. I sometimes feel hopeful a nd want to buy something baby and sometimes feel lost. I had 7 WHOLE DAYS with just spotting, but this weekend had another bleed. It seems as if it will never stop. I feel ok today...I went to my OB today and they measured the baby and it is growing now. It is a week behind, but they said that is ok. Over the last 2 weeks it has grown appropriately. Unfortunately, I also found out today that MY OB IS RETIRING IN TWO WEEKS!!!!. I am shocked that he did not tell me. I see him twice a week and he is the type to call you at home from his home just to see if you are feeling ok. I feel lost starting over with a new Dr! I am trying to stay calm.

I am on my left side for almost 20 hours a day and will remin there until I have a healthy baby! They have already told me that they will induce me as soon as the baby is ready, but we will see what my new Dr thinks.

Well, I hope you are doing well!
June 13th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a strong woman you are! you're doing everything right. Your baby seems to be doing just fine. My baby is also measuring a week behind but I don't think it's anything to worry about. My doctor said it's not iugr unless the baby is 2 and 1/2 weeks and that all babies come in different shaps and sizes give or take a week.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I was in the hospital again with a bleed. After a week of being off of bed rest. Last ultrasound the monday before last, I no longer had previa or the sch so the doctor said I could go back to normal. I went buck wild! I mean cleaning the house, shopping, power walking, a little fun, the whole nine yards and then bam...another bleed. Ultrasound said I still dont have previa but a low lying placenta 2 cm above the cervix and a new Hemotoma abut 2.5 cm. Not such a big deal but because I bled again for the first time in 7 weeks, I've been giving steroid shots to help develop babies lungs and put on complete bed rest again.

I started bleeding last sunday but it was just like a heavy period...not a gush and now, I'm just getting a little of the brown stuff. The babies heart rate dropped from her average 145 to 115 for a while but then went up within an hour after the bleed.

Anyway, my point of telling you this is to let you know, thing will be great! Your baby is going to thrive but to always take it easy. Don't make the same mistakes i did.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search