low amniotic fluid

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
klfc28
My friend had it when she was 19 weeks pregnant and her outcome was not good but it was due to a rare infection that is undectable.

From what I heard, you can ask about an amnio-infusion. That might work for you since you are much further along. I would think they would have checked you into the hospital for further monitoring but maybe its not too bad.

good luck!
June 3rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had low fluid in my third trimester during one ultrasound. Amniotic fluid fluctuates and now that it's getting warmer it's very important to drink lots of water. I drank tons when I found out and a week later it was back up to normal. They kept a close eye on it until I delivered but it never dipped back down. Often it's just something that happens for no apparent reason and I bet you could boost it with drinking TONS of water. Try not to worry too much, unless it's severely low it's usually something that can be managed.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

June 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
my fluid level went form 8.9 to a 7.2 (which is still in normal range) but the dr was concerned enough to now send me for weekly NST tests...[/b]
Yeah, I had to get those too. Just drink drink drink hon and take it easy. Make sure you are getting plenty of water. It really does help. I'm glad you have such an observant dr. That's always comforting!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

June 11th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Gorman
I had that too when I was pregnant with my second. It was noticed at 35-weeks and I drank lots of fluids. Things were just fine. Are your measurements different as far as fundal height, or is that still measuring okay?
June 28th, 2007, 04:26 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your levels now, have you been drinking LOTS of water and fluids?

Hope things are better!

June 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Her levels are completely depleted. Check her siggy.... She has a pretty little baby

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
June 28th, 2007, 05:17 PM
~~~Sara~~~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Her levels are completely depleted. Check her siggy.... She has a pretty little baby[/b]
Duh! Ohhh a beautiful baby! Thanks for the update.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search