Antidepressants during pregnancy

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
Hello ladies..i have a few questions..i have been high risk on and off throughout this pregnancy..i have had recurrent losses and was on baby aspirin and high doses of folic acid when i concieved this baby. I also have been taking wellbutrin xl from the start.

I had my level II at 20 weeks and everything is perfect and normal but now that im starting the 3rd trimester soon i want to start weaning off of the antidepressants (the folic acid and baby aspirin were stopped after my level 2 was normal) so as of right now im just taking my prenatal and 150mg of wellbutrin xl. I don't go in to see my ob again until the 25th but we are going to discuss weaning, since sometimes baby's can withdraw from certain meds and even though i need it for anxiety, i am more than willing to deal with it for the safety of my baby.

Any tips or advice for weaning off? Anyone else have any experience with antidepressants while pregnant? tia!
June 8th, 2007, 04:17 PM
gmtejese's Avatar Expecting Number 4 :)
Send a message via AIM to gmtejese Send a message via Yahoo to gmtejese
I was on Zoloft when I found out I was pregnant with my first son. I never made it to the doctor because I had my miscarriage two weeks before my scheduled appt. When I thought I was pregnant with my second son, Gage, I stopped taking my Zoloft altogether...I didn't wean myself off.
I know I should have but I didn't want it to harm my baby boy. I asked the doctor at my first appt if it was okay to take the Zoloft and he said that ANY anti - depressant isn't safe to take because of the increased risk for a heart defect and "the jitters" as my OB would put it. I didn't take it the whole time I was pregnant and my son came out fine, except for some underdelvoped lungs as a result of my Gestational Diabetes....he was born at 37 wks 3 days....so it's hard to figure out what is exactly the best course of action...I'm sure your doctor knows what he/she is talking about!
Good luck in the matter, though!
June 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Super Mommy
I was PUT on antidepressants during my pregnancy. The hormones and I didn't agree at all. I was put on Lexapro at about 22wks. My baby girl was just fine. She was born 6wks early with underdeveloped lungs, BUT it had nothing to do with the meds. It was b/c I have an incompetetent cervix. DD never had any side effects or withdrawal symptoms.

url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/]
June 10th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
thanks for the replies ladies! i talked to a np from my ob's office and she said many women stay on their meds throughout the whole pregnancy and the babies do fine. She also said that if i want to wean off, for peace of mind, i don't need to do so until 36 weeks. If i do, i will start to wean about 33 weeks though because this isn't my first baby and there is that chance i could go early. My next ob. appt. is june 25th, im gonna talk to my ob then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search