New here...anyone else with DVT?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Regular
Hi all. My name is Penny, 25, 13 weeks pregnant with #2. My dd is 8 mo old, due Dec 22. I was hospitalized for three weeks in May due to DVT and my lovenox failed and the blood clots in my left leg spread all the way from my groin to my calf. Am now at home after having a filter inserted, which they want to take out in 2 more weeks.

The docs tried to get me to have an abortion, as they said I was in serious danger of either a stroke, heart attack or being paralyzed if the filter moves.

I go in for another u/s today. Am diagnosed with Factor V Leiden, but only one copy of it thankfully.

I was just looking for support and trying to see if anyone else has had any experience with this and could give me any advice or info about their experience.

They also told me I am at a high risk for m/c. The crazy thing is that my first pg I had no complications besides Rh - factor...Its amazing how different two pregnancies can be.

They also diagnosed me with some disorder that I cant name, basically it means you throw up a lot. I lost 15 lbs in the three weeks I was hospitalized bc I couldnt eat or sleep I was so sick.

Am doing better now, the pain in my leg is gone but still throwing up a lot.

Thanks in advance for your replies ladies. Sorry this was so long.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search