Joining you guys

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Super Mommy
OK so I have only been on my DDC board and just have been brave enough to venture futher into the world of cyberspace. My name is Shawna and well I am high risk for many reasons. This is my 11th pregnancy and this will be my 2nd baby. I (we) have suffered from 9 miscarriages, mostly early, but nonetheless losses. I have a condition called Antiphosolipid Antibody Syndrom, where my blood clots and causes miscarriages. My last pregnancy I was on Baby Asprin alone and this time we have added a low molecular weight heparon to the mix. So we have been doing needles everyday, and TRUST me it is getting old!

Some of the other reasons I am considered high risk are:

Pre-term labour with my DD, I was in stalled labour with her from 33-36 weeks until she was born.
Irritable Uterus
HG

So I really have horrible pregnancies and this one is really getting to me this go around. It is so much harder to have a difficult pregnancy when you already have a baby/toddler to care for.

Ontop of which, we moved to a smaller town after DD was born and we don't have a NICU here and they can't deal with people until they are 32-34 weeks. So I may end up in Vancouver (about 4 hours away) and be separated from my dh and my dd.

Anyway, we have a dr's appointment this morning so hopefully we will know more. I was in the hospital last week as I was contracting every 2 minutes and they were gracious enough to have a peditrician come and tell us that our baby was going to die as they thought that my cervix had completly thinned out. We since discovered that it is 3.1 borderline, but better than completly thin!
June 29th, 2007, 06:12 AM
klfc28
Welcome over here! I venture over here on occasion as well.

I'm sorry for all your losses and having such difficult pregnancies! Sounds like you are a strong person to have survived all this. And hopefully you can keep that baby baking as long as possible and avoid having to go so far away to the special hospital.

I can sort of relate to that. We live in the middle of the desert in no mans land. My OB is 30/40 minutes away and they can only keep me there if I am delivering 36 weeks or later, so if I go early they have to ambulance me to Loma Linda which is an hour from my house, making that almost 2 hrs from my OB/hospital. I was down at Loma Linda for my surgery, and that was rough on DH having to drive back and forth every day. But 4 hrs, ugh that is seriously not fun!
June 29th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
The best way to stop your cervix from dialating is to stay horizontal.

Not easy when you have a toddler but oh so important.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search