placenta previa

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2007, 11:12 PM
mummy0507
my placenta is fully over my cervix atm... i haven't had any bleeding or spotting.. but I'm really worried about this.. I'm yet to talk to my doctor about my last scan... but I'm worried that when i bleed or something happens i might die...or get very weak or somethign may happen to the baby...i have really low blood pressure.. when i had my m/c.. i got really weak and dizzy.. and i didn't loose a massive amount of blood.. see where i live at the hospital dont deliver babies.. and the closest one is 45 mins away and they dont have all the right facilities for preemie babies or high risk pregnancy... they havent got much there.. and the next one is over 1 hour away by ambulance... and thats the one id be having this baby at.. i think thats alot of time if i start bleeding heavy later on in this pregnancy... and I'm at home and DH is a work... there so slow around here... and I'm really worried about it all.. because theres nothing i can do.. plus my doctor reckons they let you go through it as long as you can.. and will only order the c-sec for 38 weeks.. i have had 2 scans checking the placenta and it hasnt moved at all.. the u/s tech said the positioning of it looks like, if it will move it will only move a tiny bit and it could most likey not move at all.. from what she has seen and studied.. i still have to get another few scans later but yeh... super worried..
July 9th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Well there is no denying it is a serious condition but properly followed by your doctor and routine scanning to check for bleeds or possible tearing away from the uterine wall, you should be ok. Any hint of bleeding and you will need to straight away call your health care provider. Also you will have to have a c section as this is the only safe way to deliver your baby.

But I have known a good many people with previa and they have had very nice pregnancies and deliveries.

You have to convince yourself that everything will be alright. And if you need a shoulder to cry on I am here for you.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had complete previa and I never had any bleeds my entire pregnancy. I delivered my boy at 36 weeks. If you do start to bleed, don't try to drive yourself to the hospital, dial 911. They will take care of you and your baby. Their first order of business would be to get you to stop bleeding and do possible blood transfusions if necessary. They could do that at any hospital. And then (worst case scenario) you'd be transferred to the better hospital for the remainder of your pregnancy or be on bedrest if the bleeding stopped. But you may never have a bleed.
I was never put on bedrest but I limited my activity big time. I mostly stayed off my feet and of course had no sex!
It was scary for me to get that diagnosis and I was terrified of bleeding uncontrollably. But it never happened, and now my boy is doing great. What you just need to know is that while it is serious, it is still rare for a mother or baby to die from placenta previa. The important thing is taking it easy and dialing 911 if you do start to bleed.
I've been through all of this so if you ever have any questions or just want to talk to someone who's been through it feel free to pm me anytime!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

July 10th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Nice happy ending Sara. Thank you for sharing that. Your baby is absolutely adorable.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well there is no denying it is a serious condition but properly followed by your doctor and routine scanning to check for bleeds or possible tearing away from the uterine wall, you should be ok. Any hint of bleeding and you will need to straight away call your health care provider. Also you will have to have a c section as this is the only safe way to deliver your baby.

But I have known a good many people with previa and they have had very nice pregnancies and deliveries.

You have to convince yourself that everything will be alright. And if you need a shoulder to cry on I am here for you.[/b]

C section not always true. I had complete previa still at 20 weeks. Three major bleed, 2 hospital stays, steroid shots but I also have a sch on the edge of my placenta so that could have been the cause of the bleeding. My placenta is just low lying now at 29 weeks and dr wants me to have a vaginal birth. They resolve sometimes but you're right, it's a serious condition.
July 12th, 2007, 12:31 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My SIL had a complete placenta previa. She began bleeding around 35 weeks but it wasn't gushing amounts of blood or anything, she said it was just spotting. The nearest hospital around here is also 45 minutes away. She saw the Dr. and was put on bedrest. At 36 weeks she had spotting again and went in to her Dr. and he just sent her over to the hospital. She had a c-section. Everything went fine. Normal planned section, no rushing around or anything. My brother was able to finish work and take her in. She never had any serious bleeds or anything and her son is now 3.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 13th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Purplescraps's Avatar Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Purplescraps
33.6 weeks I started to hemorhaged at home and I am here to talk about it. If the doctor is concerned he/she would tell you. But I think you will be okay!
July 14th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
I had a complete placenta previa and had bleeding... I was afraid of bleeding to death as well, but it all worked out! My first bleed was at 31 weeks but it was spotting. 3 days later I was rushed to the hospital for heavy bleeding. I stayed in the hospital on complete bed rest until Jared was born at 36 weeks, in that time I had 2 more spotting bleeds and then hours before my scheduled c-section I had another heavy bleeding so they took me in for a c-section immeditaly.
The odds of it moving are still good... Mine was found at 20 weeks but Dr's kept telling me it was likely going to be okay. At 28wks, I had another scan and it still hadn't moved, so the Dr's did say it wasn't likely at that point but it was going to be okay.

July 14th, 2007, 07:13 PM
mummy0507
thanks for all your replys...im just hoping for the best..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search