I need insight

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi my name is Brandi (22) and my DH is David (23) I am 12 1/2 weeks pregnant and found out today that I am carrying CONJOINED TWINS!!! The doctors are not 100% sure, but they saw enough evidence that they feel very confident that something is definitely NOT RIGHT! I am having a CVS tomorrow (it's like an amnio but they take tissue from the placenta) and then I will have another u/s on Wednesday (and probably every week after that) to check the development of the babies and try to determine exactly where they are joined....any insight would be great.....AND OF COURSE LOTS OF PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!
July 11th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Wow.
I am speechless. That is so extremely rare.

Conjoined twins happen because a single egg gets fertilized, tries to split into identical twins but something goes wrong and it doesn't split fully. If you are infact carrying conjoined twins you will have to have a section as there is no other safe way to deliver the babies.

wow.

Are you medically insured? I sure am hoping so.

There is alot of information here http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/conjoined-twins if you need more details.

Please keep me updated. You've floored me.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 11th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Wow.
I am speechless. That is so extremely rare.

Conjoined twins happen because a single egg gets fertilized, tries to split into identical twins but something goes wrong and it doesn't split fully. If you are infact carrying conjoined twins you will have to have a section as there is no other safe way to deliver the babies.

wow.

Are you medically insured? I sure am hoping so.

There is alot of information here http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/conjoined-twins if you need more details.

Please keep me updated. You've floored me.[/b]

I am speechless too! DH and I were so excited about this pregnancy (which we were told was a singleton up until today) I am still TRYING to be excited and of course optimistic......we are pregnant with two babies instead of one....that is double the blessing regardless of the circumstances. DH and I are just trying to stay positive and LEARN as much as we can so we can make the right decision for our babies. We are still just baffled by all of this....I have had several u/s and every one showed ONE healthy baby.....it's so strange....both babies were measuring exactly 12 1/2 weeks....I'm just hanging on to that "sliver of hope" that the doctor is wrong and we are just blessed with two perfectly healthy little miracles...

BTW, yes I am insured......but I'm sure this is still going to get extremely expensive
July 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
All I know if from watching discovery health or reading about conjoined twins. Did they say where they believe they are joined? I'm sure they'll be following you extremely closely. The important thing is to keep the babies healthy. At 12 weeks it's hard to see everything that is going on by ultrasound. Later on they'll be able to get a clearer picture of where/if they are joined. I'll be sending lots of prayers that they aren't joined but if they are, it will be minor and they'll be fine. Hang in there and let us know how things go.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 11th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
All I know if from watching discovery health or reading about conjoined twins. Did they say where they believe they are joined? I'm sure they'll be following you extremely closely. The important thing is to keep the babies healthy. At 12 weeks it's hard to see everything that is going on by ultrasound. Later on they'll be able to get a clearer picture of where/if they are joined. I'll be sending lots of prayers that they aren't joined but if they are, it will be minor and they'll be fine. Hang in there and let us know how things go.[/b]

They said they couldn't tell in today's u/s where they were possibly joined....but I will have another u/s in a week....There is definitely something wrong though because the babies
head(s) was surrounded with a fluid filled sac (an exaggerated version of the nuchal fold on the back of the neck)
July 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
klfc28
Wow that really is such a shock to the system. I am floored as well. Stay strong and try to take it one day at a time.

I recently saw an episode on Tyra about a young mother that delivered conjoined twins (girls) that were joined at the chest or head (I am forgetting which one right now - dumb preggo brain). Maybe you can look them up on Tyra's website and see if there is a way to contact her and she if she has any advice or information.

I also saw on Oprah the other day where I woman gave birth to sextuplets but the 6th baby was a complete surprise at delivery - he was hiding under the placenta for the entire pregnancy and was never dected on any u/s. So maybe something similiar happened with you and the second baby just recently came out of hiding. Its a good sign they are both measuring right on for how far along you are.

Please feel free to talk about anything and everything here. We may not be able to relate, but we can be a good sounding board. I know sometimes it just helps having someone to talk to.

Good luck with the CVS tomorrow - hope all goes well and there are no complications. Sending you so many well wishes and good thoughts!!!
July 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Quote:
They said they couldn't tell in today's u/s where they were possibly joined....but I will have another u/s in a week....There is definitely something wrong though because the babies
head(s) was surrounded with a fluid filled sac (an exaggerated version of the nuchal fold on the back of the neck)[/b]
You will, if your emotionally able have to tell us how tests are going.

I'll be praying for you

Sanity is a cozy lie.

July 11th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I can't possibly know what it's like to be in your shoes but I do know what it is to be horribly afraid for my unborn child. People say "hope for the best" but that doesn't really help does it.

At 12 weeks, it's hard to tell what going on. If the twins are actually conjoined, perhaps it is in a place where separation is easy like the arms. try to keep your mind open and not assume the worst, sweetie. Maybe there will be a happy ending here. My thoughts are with you.
July 12th, 2007, 07:16 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Ladies, I just caught this post to see Brandi had posted here. She does have an update which she posted on the January DDC. It was not good. I just thought if you didn't know about the update maybe you would like to. I am sure you are all worried being that you too are going through/have been through a high risk pg and difficult situations.

I am just so heartbroken for her situation and I am sure she would appreciate all the prayers she can get!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

July 13th, 2007, 09:31 AM
here is the link to the post

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...t=0&start=0

This is just heart breaking.

I am so sorry Brandi

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: