Hi all, new here with lots of complications

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2007, 01:34 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I doubt anyone can relate, just looking for some support.

I have had type 1 diabetes for 29 years. My first pregnancy I developed pre-eclampsia at 30 weeks and they induced me at 35 weeks.
Second baby I developed pre-eclampsia, then HELLP Syndrome. He was born at 29 weeks and had a partial placental abruption a few hours before birth. He was almost born in the hall because he came so fast and my DH missed it.
Third pregnancy, developed pre-eclampsia again and polyhydramnios (Too much amniotic fluid). They couldn't measure all the fluid but the last measurement was 50 (normal is 10-25). I also developed an infection so at 31 weeks when they induced me, she was born with severe edema and septic.
Fourth pregnancy I made it to 32 weeks, developed pre-eclampsia and was induced. I also ended up with a spinal headache from the epidural that they didn't realize I had until a week later. I got a blood patch and it went away for 24 hours then came back. I had to get another blood patch.
Fifth pregnancy I only made it to 28 weeks. I developed pre-eclampsia, then HELLP syndrome. I was induced and had lots of problems. They tried to give me an epidural but I had so much scar tissue in my back, he couldn't get it in and only part of my side went numb. The stupid nurse left me alone and the baby wasn't on the monitor. I kept calling her and told her I was having extreme pain in my belly but she kept on insisting it was that the catheter was kinked. I was supposedly only 3 cm dilated but I just kept complaining so she decided to check me and lo and behold, the baby was there. The nurse ran out of the room to find a Dr. and my 28 weeker was born in the bed, still en caul (in the amniotic sac). The NICU team came rushing in and tore open the sac and pulled her out and across the room and I was left again with the stupid nurse who just kept telling me she was so sorry. I thought that meant my baby was dead. Turns out they resuscitated her and she was in the NICU. I had had a complete placental abruption, thus the pain in my stomach. She was born so fast that my DH wasn't even there, or anyone else for that matter.

My kids are all healthy now although on the small side for their age.

I'm scared to death for this one though. This was very unplanned and I'm not sure what will happen. I know I can't have an epidural and am planning on the pre-e again but I don't think I can handle a preemie again. I just need some support. My DH is useless. Thanks

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 11th, 2007, 04:23 PM
klfc28
Wow, you are one strong lady! Give you lots of props and credit to have gone through all that and still be standing strong. And its truely amazing and wonderful that all 5 of your kids are doing so wonderful now.

I can't really relate since this is my first pregnancy and I don't have any normal complications. I am only high risk due to having an extremely large ovarian cyst surgically removed when I was 17 weeks pregnant - just a short 7 weeks ago.

But I can be a sounding board when you need. My nephew was born at 36 weeks via an induction due to my SIL having hypertension and pre-e along with kidney stones.

It would be great if this pregnancy could go much easier for you. Will they be putting you on bedrest for most of the pregnancy in hopes of reducing your chances of those same complications?
July 11th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I would be keen to know why you keep planentally abrupting? Have they ever checked that out or offered an explaination?

How old are all the kids now?

You can count on us for support but I know from personal experience that its not quiote the same thing.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
They've never really decided why I abrupted but from what I have read, it was due to the HELLP syndrome. My blood pressures were 200's/100's and although they brought them down with meds (wonderful magnesium) the underlying problem was still there. It still makes me mad that they left me alone knowing how sick I was. I had been throwing up, seeing stars and had a headache that could kill a horse. They should have performed a c-section but insisted that my pressures were stabilized so I would be fine. At least I got the steroids for her lungs. I had to beg them to get them when they admitted me a week earlier. Luckily my Dr. came in and decided to induce me, because of the headache, and that was the only reason I was in the hospital when I abrupted.

I don't know what will happen this time. I haven't even made an appointment yet. I think I'm still a little in denial. There is no possible way to be on bedrest. I was on bedrest with all but my last baby where things happened too fast. My mom was here then and took the kids for me. This time around, my mom is in another state. My older 3 kids are in school, or will be in Aug. and I have no friends or relatives to take the kids. Our insurance is also awful and won't pay for anything they don't have to. I'm just a little stressed to say the least.

Oh, my kids are 7,6,4,3 and almost 2. I'm hoping that the key this time will be the gap and my blood pressures will stay normal. Thanks for just listening to me complain.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 12th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy

HOLY COW, BOO! YOU ARE ONE STRONG LADY! BLESS YOU
July 12th, 2007, 09:17 AM
txmommy2be's Avatar Super Mommy
Very strong indeed! I had pre-e witht the first and had a preemie. I'm almost 30 weeks now and just waiting to see if it's going to happen again. I truly feel for you. I know the pain and misery all of this brings when it's supposed to be such a blessed time. And I only went thru it once. I toldmy husband if it happens again, my sanity will probably go out the window. Oh and the DH and fmaily, although they might be great people, never feel what you go thru physically and emotionally. Take good care of yourself, be demanding on those doctors and the hospital, and see if there is anyway to get any kind of medical assistance to help with your insurance! I know all of it is easier said than done too! I'm also here to listen if you ever need to vent! So sorry, it's not supposed to be this hard!

Bella Caroline September 19, 2005
July 12th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HI, I do not have as many kids as you, so far I only have one...but I had severe preeclamspai and HELLP Syndrome with my first...I fortunately made it to 36 weeks and had an emergency csection that day since things got worse for my health. I am praying that I do not get it with this pregnancy... I am still early on, so it is hard to tell yet. But if you ever want to talk feel free to pm me. I wish you the best of luck this time around and hope it is your best pregnancy yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search