have you rushed yourself

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
to the ER at all this pregnancy?

What for?

Where you pleased with the care you recieved?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 14th, 2007, 10:02 AM
klfc28
I went to the ER once, at 19 weeks.

I had been dizzy and lightheaded for 3 days with no signs of improvement and I wasn't feeling the baby move so I got really worried because at that time I was barely 2 weeks out of surgery.

The staff was really nice to me and didn't make me feel stupid for going in. They totally reassured me that it was normal to worry after having the major surgery I had just gone through. I even showed them pics of the cyst to show the extent of my surgery. The ER doc actually kept one of the pics to show her OB friend. She was really nice.

And I went to L&D a week ago for headaches (10 in 4 hrs) and cramping. The staff was horrible and my treatment was pathetic. I made sure to tell my doc all about it and I don't think he was too thrilled about what happened. The doc in L&D gave me a script for a vaginal infection that I COULD have because that COULD cause cramping. He never did an exam on me and I had no symptoms or signs of an infection. Needless to say that I didn't fill that script and my doc was happy I didn't. He doesn't think I have one. But instead it was round ligament pains in addition to my incision area fighting the stretching out for baby because its still trying to heal. So its going to be more painful for me than most other women. And that my headaches are probably from low blood sugars and just to keep eating. That I most likely have a fast metabolism and the baby takes a lot of what I put in, so I have to just eat and eat to keep the headaches away. And if I get more he will give me a script for a med that he prefers.
July 14th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Last march I was rushed to hospital hemmoraging. Now I don't know why I get the crap end of the medical stick but I always do. I won't be telling you horror stories but suffice to say I will never be going back to that place. lol

Fortunately there are other hospitals that are relatively close.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

July 15th, 2007, 05:35 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Here you don't go to the ER if you are pg at all, just to L&D
I haven't gone this pregnancy but I did with my last. I was treated like I was overreacting. They wanted to send me home but I had a horrible headache that wouldn't go away. They kept trying to get me to take morphine for it but I refused. Finally, after a week of being there and them trying to drug me up the whole time, my Dr. got labs back that said I needed to have the baby (HELLP syndrome). I had a complete placental abruption while there and my baby was delivered while I was alone and not on any monitors (lazy nurse). She was born at 28 weeks en caul (In the amniotic sac) and had to be resusitated. I was told later by my dr. that if I had had the morphine, they may not have been able to revive her.

This pregnancy, I've switched Dr's and hospitals.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 15th, 2007, 06:28 PM
mummy0507
not yet.. because this hospital.. they are jack arses... if i started bleeding i would... but last time i was pregnant.. if i was dizzy real bad or had cramping-after i lost my mucus plug.. they made out i was pretending or something.. like yeah right thats happening...
it just bugged me.. even when my daughter had tosilitis. they tried to make out like if it was nothing until i made the doctor look at her... i just hate the fact you go there wait 6 hours and they make you look and feel like a loser.. if anything bad happed id be straight in there or be at the doctors office.
July 15th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
to the ER at all this pregnancy? What for?Where you pleased with the care you recieved?[/b]
yes I rushed myself in at 16 weeks. I was gushing blood. I had clots the size of my hand. They sent me home after 3 hours. They treated me not great. No answers. Just a doppler with a heartbeat for a few seconds. Rushed myself in 3 days later for an even heavier bleed. Stayed there for three day. The treatment still sucked. This time, I got a doppler for five minutes and a 3 second ultrasound and no answers. Basically i spent the time watching tv while the nurses did some maxi pad counts. 23 weeks, rushed myslef in again for a smaller bleed. This time, it was very very different. I stayed for 2 days, was hooked up to a doppler for like 18 hours, had a level 2 ultrasound, had six doctor talk to me and leave me their number, got steroid shots, stool softener, a spounge bath, 2 pieces of cake instead of one, and a massage. You could say I was treated very well. And this time, the bleed was only a small previa bleed. It wasn't even from the sch which was only 1.5 cm. Oh and the first day, no one fed me because I was under observation. I was taken off and allowed to eat meals around 11 that evening. mealtime was over but a nurse insisted I take her turkey sandwhich.
Quote:
Last march I was rushed to hospital hemmoraging. Now I don't know why I get the crap end of the medical stick but I always do. I won't be telling you horror stories but suffice to say I will never be going back to that place. lolFortunately there are other hospitals that are relatively close.[/b]
I'm sorry about that. Hemmoraging is very scary, I know. May I ask what happened?
July 16th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I miscarried a 10 week pregnancy. I got to hospital soaked in blood from the waste to my ankles. They put me in a depends and left me alone for 2 hours in the room. After I passed the baby they took it from the depends, showed me what was what, then the doctor long bombed it into the trash across the room. I wasn't planing on framing it but it was still my baby.

Then I was made to wait in the hallway with no pants, for 7 hours till I had a d & c.

There is no excuse for treating anyone this way.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

July 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
klfc28
Quote:
I miscarried a 10 week pregnancy. I got to hospital soaked in blood from the waste to my ankles. They put me in a depends and left me alone for 2 hours in the room. After I passed the baby they took it from the depends, showed me what was what, then the doctor long bombed it into the trash across the room. I wasn't planing on framing it but it was still my baby.

Then I was made to wait in the hallway with no pants, for 7 hours till I had a d & c.

There is no excuse for treating anyone this way.[/b]

OMG! I can't believe they did that to you!! How horrible! I am so sorry they treated you that way.

My friend lost her baby at 20w6d. The ER treated her really poorly as well. They left her on the gurny with the baby laying inbetween her legs and still attached for a half hour. Then the doc finally came in to cut the cord, did it, and just walked right back out. Then a nurse came in and was about to put the baby in a plastic container and walk out with it, but asked in a rude way if she wanted to her baby. Of course she did! Luckily she was moved up to L&D shortly after that and they treated her better. And she got to spend some time with her daughter before they had to send her off to the pathologist.
July 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM
kclefeb78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I was 10 weeks and had heavy bleeding and cramping.

I found the ER to take forever! 8 hours there! And the tech and doctor were unfriendly and not very reassuring I am 23 weeks now... but I think that ER staff need better bedside manner if you ask me!

July 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I went in with some vaginal bleeding in the first trimester. We had a long wait, but it was a crazy night. There are three other hospitals in the city and they were all refusing to accept ambulences, so the one we were at was just flooded with transports in. Once I finally was seen, though, I thought the service we received was very good. I was only 10 weeks so they couldn't do a doppler. We went for an ultrasound where we saw everything was fine with the baby. I was sent home with orders to follow up with my doctor the next day. I ended up having more bleeding later that week and my doctor couldn't see me so he sent me back to the ER, where I was seen immediately and had a more invasive exam to see if they could figure out why I was bleeding. They never did find the reason, but were very kind to me. It was, overall, an excellent experience considering the circumstances.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search