Has your high risk

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
diagnosis detered you from the notion of further children?

Or are you game for more?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 14th, 2007, 09:54 AM
klfc28
We are very up for more. I actually want to get pregnant in a year from now, so I can have one more before I hit 30.

We just might have to go through another HSG test to check my right tube, at my first one back in November it was fully blocked at the entrance from the uterus but I am thinking it cleared on its own in January since my left ovary was non-existent and we got pregnant in February. Hopefully with just the one ovary, we won't have any issues conceiving. It took us 14 months to conceive this one.
July 14th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Lydata's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lydata
I would like to be pregnant agian. I heard their were complications with people with my condition, but I didn't have the problem with my 1st. I hpoe I won't have problems the next time we want to have our next baby.
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">Madeline410 (JM board)</div>
July 14th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Never stopped me from having more.

This old age thing seems to be a damper tho.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Obviously, it hasn't stopped me. I went from being told I could never have kids to feeling like it's my right and that's why we have medical technology, just so I can have more, lol.
My health is probably worse but I've been told it's from my age, not from the pregnancies. It's looking like DH will make this our last though.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 15th, 2007, 06:17 PM
mummy0507
yeh i will have more later on.. not for awhile though..
i had a normal pregnancy with my dd... placenta previa with this on.. so the next should be fine.. i hope
July 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Yes, this is my first and last child. I am done. This is a scary experience
July 17th, 2007, 08:27 AM
SandyJ's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I can't really say yet. I'm tempted to say that the high risk diagnosis doesn't impact my desire to have any more children. I have always said I would only have one child, but I am open to my opinion changing once I have a child. If we lose another baby to Potter's we will try again, but I think the more instances that we lose children the less likely I would be to want another child after the first survives.

July 17th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Tina K's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Tina K
I am done with bio kids after this one! We will probably adopt our next baby, either from Guatemala or the foster system.
July 17th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At first when I had complications with my first, I wasn't sure if I would do it again....but here I am

July 17th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had complications with my son that I knew would be an issue again. But I rather foolishly thought that it would be different if it was a planned pregnancy. Jonathan was a HUGE suprise. But as it turns out, planned or otherwise, this is hard. This is our last, DH is scheduling the big V for as soon as I am recovered from the birth (can't have both of us out of commission at once). We would like to have more, but we will look into adoption.

July 18th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Veteran
Definitely more... atleast 1 more .. i cant let my kid live without a sibling...
July 18th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
The complications I faced in my pregnancy has affected our decision to have more children, not in the sense of not having them, but more so in the timing and in the actual pregnancy. I have a little boy now, so spending 4 months on a couch isn't really an option and is something that needs to be and will be taken into consideration prior to having more children. Additionally, due to my health issues discovered in my pregnancy, I'd rather attempt pregnancy when I am younger rather than older. Its hard to find the balance of making sure my son will be okay in the event I face complications the next time around and not waiting too long for me.

We hope to have more children. Giving birth and being a mommy has made every second on bed rest, every bad test result, every nasty day, and all the worry we faced worth it. My son is amazing. But the thought of another pregnancy does scare me. I dream that the next time around I will have a healthy, "normal" pregnancy and get to experience so many things I missed out on, but I'm scared at the reality that I'll probably never get those things. And I'm scared that any future pregnancies will be spent waiting for things to go wrong. And I'm scared that if I do face complications again, I might not get the happy ending I did with my first pregnancy.

But I have a bit to sort those things out. As one could guess, I'm not ready to face all those issues just yet and won't be TTC for a while still!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
July 23rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
mommyholly07's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyholly07
Yes. When I found out i was high risk with my son and that was after my miscarriage I was devastated and wasn't sure I wanted to try it all again. I went through that whole pregnancy with such uncertainty of the outcome. So many doctor visits and tests. Seeing specialtists...the whole works. Then i had a c-section to top it off. But then they saw my abnormal uterus was really not as bad as it could be. So i was on the fence about another one. But i've always wanted 2 kids so, I gave in. But this one has been causing more problems then the first...so this is it for me. I'll wait at least a year before making any definite decisions, but i don't see me chaning my mind. It's just too hard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search