New, with a 'high risk' pregnancy

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM
VermillionDreams's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to VermillionDreams Send a message via MSN to VermillionDreams
I gave a short intro in the newbie area too, but I thought I would jump on in over here and share my story as well. At 9 weeks pregnant I starting bleeding pretty heavily, and my husband took me to the ER. After being poked, prodded, questioned and hung by my toes (okay, well maybe not that part) they decided to do an ultrasound to find out the problem. Aside from a cyst that they could see on my ovary, nothing looked out of place. They termed my bleeding as "unexplained". With my first son I had a complicated emergency c-section, and I'm still convinced that this has something to do with my bleeding, but I'm no doctor so I don't try to guess.

The bleeding continued for awhile, slowing down every day. I have had several doctors appointments since to make sure all is well. The bleeding has remained on and off, and they finally put me on bedrest, which I might add is quite difficult when you have a crazy 2 and a half year old. I had severe hyperemesis, which no prescribed medication was resolving, and was severely dehydrated. I have lost 12 pounds over the course of this pregnancy, and I'm hoping to start gaining soon.

I have my next ultrasound in just under 2 weeks to find out the sex of the baby and to make sure everything is still looking good.

So ladies.. how do you cope? Bedrest is almost more strenuous than being active for me.

Has anyone had a similar situation? Did you ever find out the cause for the bleeding? Or for the severe vomitting?

Attached is a picture of my 17w3d belly picture.. it's still barely there... *siiiiiiiiiiiigh*

July 18th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Tina K's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Tina K
Does your insurance cover zofran? That is like the miracle Hyperemesis drug.
July 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM
VermillionDreams's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to VermillionDreams Send a message via MSN to VermillionDreams
Quote:
Does your insurance cover zofran? That is like the miracle Hyperemesis drug.[/b]

Yes'm. So far I've tried phenergan, zofran, and reglan....

Nothing seems to help...

The phenergan knocks me on my butt, but that's about it.
July 18th, 2007, 02:19 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I haven't had hypermesis, thank goodness, but I have had bleeding with all of my pregnancies. They never know why and it eventually quit. I've also done bedrest with all my pregnancies. We added it together once and it was over a year I have spent on complete bedrest, not counting the modified bedrest. I had to have someone watch my kids because it was impossible to do bedrest with them around.

You may want to check out sidelines.org They match people up for bedrest support and I bet they can find someone who has had something similar to what you are going through.

BTW, your belly looks cute.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 18th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had hyperemesis with my son. I lost 17 pounds in two weeks and landed my keister in the hospital quite a few times for IV fluids. I never could find a drug that worked for me either. I took Reglan, Phenergren and Vistaril. My insurance doesn't cover Zofran so I never got to give it a shot. No particular cause, just that my body doesn't handle the hormones well. My mother was horribly sick with all of her pregnancies, so it may be a genetic thing for me.

This time around it hasn't been nearly as bad. I've had Reglan and Phenergren, but neither worked well enough to be worth the side effects so I've just been handling it. My weight loss has been about 20 pounds so far, but it's not a rapid loss so my doctor isn't worried about it. I'm actually starting to feel like it might not last the entire pregnancy. And now I've probably jinxed myself!

I can't really relate on the bedrest. I was told to stop working because of chronic hypertension, but I'm not on bedrest. I may be toward the end, though. I hope things start looking up for you soon!

July 18th, 2007, 02:44 PM
kclefeb78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had heavy bleeding for the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy which doctors found out it was caused by a subchorionic hematoma. I haven't bleed in a few weeks and the my last ultrasound showed the SCH to be getting smaller. The doctor thinks it is reabsorbing, which is good. I have been on modifed bedrest since 6 weeks, I am suppose to stay off my feet as much as possible.

I hope they find out what is causing your bleeding. Stay positive and rest up.

July 19th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Tina K's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Tina K
I lucked out with hyperemesis this time around, with my son I had to go in for IV fluids three times, I eventually stopped throwing up all day around 22 weeks, and actually gained some weight during my pregnancy. I'm surprised the zofran didn't work for you, it's sad actually, because that, other than IV drugs was the only thing that kept me from getting really sick a majority of the time. I hope you feel better soon!
July 19th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Happily I have never had thos issues.Bedrest is boring but with a good laptop life is just marvy.Having others to talk to whiles away the hours quite nicely.I had been on bedrest with two toddles at one point and what I did was have my husband before he went to work, load up my room with snacks and drinks and I kept themin there.I didn't need to get up to fill cups make lunch or nothing. It was all there in the cooler.diaper changes they came up on the bed.I have a dvd player and tv i my room and kid channels on the tv.Worked rather nicely. The bonus part too was the rest of the house stayed clean.

Welcome to the board. Hope we can be your people to chat with.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 19th, 2007, 09:44 AM
anissa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to anissa Send a message via MSN to anissa
I had un-explained bleeding with two pg's. They never seen any reason for the bleeding. As for how to cope with bed rest. I two had a 2-1/2 year child while on complete bedrest starting at 25 weeks. The only thing I can tell you about that is do you have somebody who can help you care for her. My mother would watch my little girl while DH was a work. Other wise there would have been no way I could have stayed in the bed. But as for keeping sane while being stuck at home and in the bed. Find some really good books, Shows you like on TV and if you have a hobby you can do in bed do it. There really is not much more you can do to keep yourslef busy. Good luck to you.
Gavin Thomas 06/01/06
Emma Grace Born Sleeping 8/4/05 22 Weeks
Some people only dream of holding an Angel I actually held one!
Angel Baby 8/14/02
Angel Baby 12/28/04

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search