scared there will be ramifications for my actions

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy

As many of you know, I had placenta previa and a 6.5 sch on my placenta. I've bled at 16,17, and 23 weeks. The early bleeds were huge gushes and the last one was like a period with red blood for a few hours. I've had 2 hospital stays and the steroid injections. I'm 30 wks now. No trace of the sch and the placenta is only low lying now. The baby is breech but doing very well.

I was taken off of bed rest completely but advised to avoid intercourse still. This weekend, I was very very very very bad. On saturiday, I spent three hours cleaning the house and on sunday I went on a road trip and went hiking and even climbed to the top of a waterfal. Non pregnant people were struggling with that climb. Today....I had sex too. I messed up and I'm afraid of what will happen now. I'm just imaging me getting up for one of my late night pee a thons and seeing all the red blood in the toilet again.

I'm not looking for forgivness. I know what I did was wrong. I just want some positive vibes that nothing bad will come of this.

July 24th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
You know you are human and sad but true.... all of us make mistakes. All of us. If your not spotting now or bleeding, odds are you won't. This time.

Just you know..... Don't do it again

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 24th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
You know you are human and sad but true.... all of us make mistakes. All of us. If your not spotting now or bleeding, odds are you won't. This time.

Just you know..... Don't do it again[/b]

I won't do it again! so far so good. No blood though I've had a few cramps. Probably nomal pregnancy stuff. If I don't have a bleed by tomorrow, I'm probably in the clear
July 24th, 2007, 01:07 PM
klfc28
Girl, you gotta take it easy and stay away from doing all that stuff. Just to be on the safe side and keep her cooking atleast for 6 more weeks. Its still rather early for her to come out.

That was a tad too much to do all at once and so soon. You remember what happened last time you did too much coming off bed rest.

Sounds like you will be okay this time around. Good to hear that you are not having any further bleeding. Hopefully it stays that way.

And just go slowly from here on out and follow the docs orders! No sex. I know its hard! My doc told me no grocery shopping alone but I ended up going alone last week but I just made sure I didn't buy as much or anything too heavy.
July 24th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
This thread should be retitled true confessions.

A hem

Do not grocery shop if your doctor tells you no.

Please and Thank you

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 24th, 2007, 07:50 PM
mommyholly07's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyholly07
we all do make mistakes, and i know it's hard to refrain from doing so many things that so many of us high risk mommies are told not to do. i would put myself back on bedrest, or at the very least, very limited activity and definetly no sex if I was you. But don't beat yourself up. the climb might have been a bit much...the sex...well that i don't think has ever been proven to cause preterm labor...i could be wrong...i think it's mostly precautionary. and try not to freak out if the house is a mess (i have trouble with that myself!) if no signs of bleeding or contractions by the end of the week then i'd think all is well. just be careful of the cramping...you may want to notify your doctor of that, especially if you haven't had any before. some cramping, i've been told, is normal after sex..i don't know from personal experience and spotting can be normal after sex too. i haven't gone through labor pains (i had a c-section and getting another) but my sister says contractions feel like period cramps, only much worse. I always wondered why they ask me at every visit if i have any cramping or contractions. So I would be mindful of them, maybe time them and monitor to see if they get worse.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search