Hi, not sure if this belongs here

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2007, 10:14 AM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
I spent a good chunk of yesterday in the ER, where they found bleeding between my uterine wall and the placenta. I see my doctor later, but the ER doc really didn't tell me much. I think I was relieved that the baby is ok, and that I didn't need an emergency surgery- so I didn't ask questions.

I'm not spotting externally, so I thought it was something non baby related. I am 12 weeks, 6 days along (according to yesterdays ultrasound)

They did a lot of testing, so I don't think anything else is wrong, but now I am worried. Does this mean my pregnancy is high risk? Should I be doing anything other than pelvic rest, and not lifting heavy stuff? I had pre eclampsia in a past pregnancy, but this is something completely different.

Thanks in advance for your help.
July 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Firstly Hi and welcome to the high risk board.

I am wondering if your doctor used the words previa or abruption when they where speaking with you?

Or even subchorionic hematoma?

these three things come to mind. If your doctor seems unworried then so to should you. I have learnt from experience that they are not shy in telling you when to panic.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 27th, 2007, 11:21 AM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
He didn't tell me NOT to worry... it was more of a 'follow up with your doctor asap' thing. I don't remember him using any of those words. He said it's the reason why I have pain on my right side, Previa sounds really familiar, so possibly he said that? I wish I had paid more attention.
July 27th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Previa means your placenta is covering or touching your cervix which is not a great thing. But many people have gone on to have sucessful pregnancies with placenta previa.

Make sure you take notes when you see your doctor and report back here.

Placenta Previa is definately a high risk situation.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
July 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi hon! Yeah, your high risk but there's a LOT of hope.

sounds like previa to me or a hemotoma.

I had both previa and a hemotoma and boy did I bleed. It was bad, man, but I'm 30 wks now and everything looks good. I belong to a group of women with similar problems and most of us are doing great. Hemtomas have a good chance of reabsorbing and 90 percent of previas move up. Most women with these conditions are put on some form of bed rest. There's complete where you spend the majority of your time in bed except to use the bathroom and make a quick snack, there's partial where you need to just really limit activities and avoid lifting, and then theres pelvic rest which means no sex and no cervical exams.

keep us posted. It's scary to bleed, I know, but it's not always the end of the world.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search