whiling away the hours

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
does anyone here cross stitch? what all have you made?
Any of your artwork done while on bed rest?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used to cross-stitch but I haven't done it in a few years. Right now I am spending a lot of time crocheting. I have made a dress for my little girl, a couple afghans for friends who have had babies recently and am in the process of working on an afghan for one of the ladies in my DDC. Unfortunately I think this will have to be my last project for a while, unless my mother randomly sends a gift card for JoAnn's. I am out of the yarn budget! I do have a bunch of crochet thread lying around though. I might try to dig up some patterns that I can use that on so I don't have to completely give up my addiction.

August 12th, 2007, 07:55 AM
klfc28
I cross stitch. But I cheat and buy the count pattern kits, I am still new to it.

I am in the process of making 2 blankets, one for my little one and one for a JM friend. I have put mine on hold till I finish hers. I am about 40% done, and her little guy could be here at any moment. But I also have school now, so I don't have as much free time. I try to get a little bit of everything done each day.
August 12th, 2007, 07:56 AM
ooooo I like gift cards

got any pictures of your work?

Sanity is a cozy lie.

August 12th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Pictures I have . . . a way to upload them I lack My USB cable it totally AWOL. I will have to get DH to look for it, he's much better at finding things than I am. I just get mad.

August 12th, 2007, 12:00 PM
yay I can hardly wait
I only bothered to frame one of my creations and I made it from a kit.
you show me yours and I will show you mine.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

August 14th, 2007, 07:15 AM
SandyJ's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Cross stitch is my main hobby. I have never been on bedrest, I just do it in my spare time.

I am not creative at all so I buy patterns to sew. I tried to make my own pattern once and it just didn't work out. *chuckle*

I have four of my pieces framed. I had an addiction to sewing cats when I was in high school so one piece is a row of cats, all of different colors. Another is of a cat looking out of a big picture window at a cardinal in a bird bath. They both hang in my kitchen. I have a few more cat pieces that aren't framed.

Then I found two fantasy patterns that I love! One is of a sorcerer and the other of a wizardess. They were stitched on black fabric because the colors are really vivid. The pattern required some glittery thread and came with little gold trinkets to sew into the piece (some stars for the sky, an orb for the wizard's staff, keys for his belt, etc.). These are my favorite and hang over my computer. These two took me FOREVER to finish. I also have two dragon pieces that I have been working on for an eternity and might never finish. They are very elaborate. One is an Asian style serpenty dragon with Asian characters for peace, prosperity, wisdom, and fortune, and the other a European "dinosaur" style dragon reading a fairytale book to a prince (castle in the background included).

The dragons were put aside when I found out I was pregnant. I've since been working on a piece that I "designed" by putting several patterns together. It will be for my baby's room. It is a mother cat snuggled up close with a little kitten, with a daddy cat standing protectively over them both. I'll stitch the baby's name and birthdate on it, and probably some cute phrase about a loving family. My Mom inspired this, as she made two cross stitches for me when I was born. One was a Mom and Daddy standing at baby's crib looking down at her and had my name and birthdate. The other was a Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit and said "Somebunny Loves You". I still have both of these.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search