ever been bed ridden enough

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
that you had to have someone come in and take care of you?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 9th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Regular
Do you just mean being on bedrest? I'm on bedrest and my mom stays home with me just about all day making sure I dont get out of thebed. If I need anything she goes and gets it...she cooks, etc. Its no fun but its better than having to stay in the hospital this time. At least I'm comfortable and at home. So until my blood pressure goes up...I get to be here.

</a>

August 9th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy

oh yes. My wonderful mil lives out of state and when I had complete bed rest, she stayed to take care of me. at that time, my cousin and father also spent a few days taking care of me. My mother cooked up a storm. I was well looked after. For 2 weeks until I saw the perri, my regular ob made me stay in bed. I couldn't take a shower, I couldn't use the bathroom not even a commode. I wasn't even allowed to raise my head. It made me so sick. I didn't move my bowls for well over a week and I couldn't eat or swallow right. Couldn't even feel my legs after a while.

I found out that no one who has my condition has to go through that kind of bed rest. My doctor just did that because he didn't understand sch and didnt know what to do. After he finally dumped me because he was a chicken, I got a new doctor who put me on modified bed rest and had a very positive outlook. Sorry, still so bitter at this man.
August 10th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Quote:
Do you just mean being on bedrest? I'm on bedrest and my mom stays home with me just about all day making sure I dont get out of thebed. If I need anything she goes and gets it...she cooks, etc. Its no fun but its better than having to stay in the hospital this time. At least I'm comfortable and at home. So until my blood pressure goes up...I get to be here.[/b]

you have a great mom

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Regular
Quote:
you have a great mom[/b]
Yeah she's great...I feel bad though cause I'm just laying there watching her do all of this stuff. My sister and I were moving and when she found out we'd changed our mind she went on this rampage to get my room ready for the baby. Made sure the crib was picked up and delivered without a scratch, then she went to painting my room so that it looks half baby, half grown lol (I'll have to post a pic when its done). And she's just always picking up and cleaning and cooking and I'm so helpless I cant take any of the work off of her....Then of course my sister doesnt really help because she works full time and just comes home messing up stuff (more like my father or brother...than like a sister). Hopefully I can do something really nice for her when all of this is over.

</a>

August 11th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm . . . I never had anyone official. At the end of my last pregnancy when I was put on bedrest the ladies of my church set up a rotation and brought me meals three times a day, and my hubby took care of the house entirely. That only lasted four days before I was induced, though. It would be much harder with other children at home. I am having a hard time managing my son from my position of modified bedrest.

August 13th, 2007, 10:08 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I wish. Usually, my family's idea of bedrest for is not letting me out of the house but still expecting me to do everything else. Usually by the time I get to that point, the Dr. hospitalizes me because he realizes there is no one to help me.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search