New to this board

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Kayasmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello everyone. I have been a member on justmommies for a little over 2 years. But i just recently found out i was pregnant again with my second. I called my nurse, and she wanted to warn me that I would be considered a high risk and i need to watch what i do until i can get into the doctor on thursday the 16th. I found out last wednesday that we are expecting another and we are thinking we are about 2 1/2 months along. We arent for sure yet how far along we are will find that out on thursday. My daughter was born 14 weeks early and i am just sooo scared that something might happen like that again and i dont think i can handle another 3 month stay at the hospital, with surgery after surgery. And last night i was up all night because my stomach hurt sooo bad. what do i look for with this pregnacy so i dont go into labor early. I guess i am just so scared to go throught he same thing again.
August 14th, 2007, 09:39 AM
SandyJ's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Hi Kayasmommy! I don't have advice on how to delay labor but hopefully you'll find some good advice and reassurance here. Did you have a particular diagnosis last time for why you went into early labor? I would imagine your doc will want to check for a repeat of similar symptoms.

August 14th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Do you know why you went into labo early?
Did your doctor say incompetent cervix?

If there was no other explaination then incompetent cervix was more than likely the cause. Mention this to your doctor.

Hope everything goes according to plan

Welcome to the HIgh risk board.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM
lorelaileigh's Avatar Veteran
Hi. Welcome to the board. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hope everything goes well for you this time

An angel in the book of life
Wrote down my daughters birth
and whispered as she closed the book
Much to beautiful for this earth

August 15th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Kayasmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
They said the reason why i went into labor last time was because I have the RH Factor. My fiance has A positive blood and I have RH Negative blood. I was suppose to get a shot of that at 28 weeks but i never made it to 28 weeks. I had my daughter at 26 weeks exactly. So thats what happened to me, also when my body was fighting off my daughter because of her blood it cause an infection in my amnonic fluid, which didnt help matters at all.
August 15th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
yowsers

I am RH Negative and my husband positive. Half my babies where positive.

Scarey business. I always get the Rhogam and the begining, in the middle (28 weeks ish) and right after giving birth and happily I have never had a problem.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 17th, 2007, 12:41 PM
mommyholly07's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyholly07
you might want to ask them about getting the shot early this time and not waiting until 28 weeks. I didn't have this issue, but when they checked me I was under the impression that they would give me the shot right away to keep the pregnancy going.

you asked about what to look for so not to go into early labor...well if you're only a few weeks or months pregnant it would be considered a miscarraige not early labor and the signs can be severe cramping and/or bleeding. I had an early miscarraige and I had no cramping....but I spotted pink and brown off and on and even though an ultrasound saw no problems I lost the baby....it just sorta happened all the sudden. My spotting which they told me was nothing to worry about, had stopped...then one night there was bright red blood...not a good sign...but doesn't always mean there's been a miscarriage. But in my case it did. So any severe pain should be reported to your doctor...severe pain is also a sign of an ectopic pregnancy...which is dangerous. Mild cramping can be normal in the beginning..but severe cramping isn't.

As far as early labor...it's not too different. Contractions is a big thing. Then there's leaking of fluid, diarrhea (sometimes), loss of mucus plug (but doesn't mean you'll go into labor right then), spotting/bleeding (again, not always a sign), and a feeling that the baby has dropped. http://parenting.ivillage.com/pregnancy/pc...fe_4743,00.html

Spotting/bleeding doesn't always indicate preterm labor or miscarriage. Take it from me. I had spotting for 3 weeks this time early, and again I had some pink streaks later...like at 32 weeks. It turns out I had (and may still have) a low lying placenta. Not terribly bad, and it has improved I am told. The later stuff they think was part of my mucus plug. I am now 37 weeks and hoping to make it to the 28th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search