subchronic hemorrhage

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
mom 2 haley & tyler's Avatar formerly mommy2haley17
I am 5 wks pregnant. My progesterone levels are low, so I'm taking Promethium until 12 weeks along. I have had 1 m/c and one normal pregnancy. I started spotting on Sunday night. Then Monday morning, I started bleeding alot, and bright red. I immediately thought I was having a miscarriage. I went in to the doctor yesterday afternoon. They did an ultrasound. They said the baby was fine, but there is a hemorrhage beside it. The doctor said that this is common in about 5% of pregnancies. She said I will likely bleed (and maybe cramp) for a few weeks. But, that is should go away on its own and the baby should be fine. I go back next Thursday for another u/s. I am just scared, but I'm trying not to worry too much. I trust my doctor, and she acted like this was nothing to worry about. has anyone else ever heard of this?
August 14th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Tina K's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Tina K
It does happen, but you should be on pelvic rest and on bed rest until the bleeding stops.
August 15th, 2007, 01:43 PM
jes750's Avatar Veteran
I had one. I bleed a tiny bit around 8wks. Having had to m/c I went stright to the urgent care. After an ultrasound I was told that I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. The urgent care doctor pretty much told me there was no hope for my pregnancy. I called my doctor the next day and was told that it was no big deal but to be on pelvic rest. I had a follow up u/s around 10wks. The hemorrhage was still there at that point but hadn't grown. The u/s tech said that she sees this kinda thing all the time and has yet to see a bad outcome.
I only bled once with my hemorrhage and never really had any cramping. My doctor took me off pelvic rest at 16wks since I hadn't had anymore bleeding although I chose to stay on pelvic rest until my 18w3d u/s just to make sure that the hemorrhage was gone.
I'm now 19w3d. My u/s last week showed the hemorrhage had compleatly healed on it's own.
Were you told the size of your hemorrhage? Mine was small so it wasn't a big deal to the doctor (of course I worried 24/7) As long as yours isn't very large and doesn't grow everything should be just fine. When you go in for your follow up u/s remember that hemorrhages usually take awhile to compleatly go away so don't be supprised if it's still there.

August 16th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I am surprised you where not put on pelvic rest.

Do yourself a favor and take life in the slow lane. I'd be avoiding sex till its gone too.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 16th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Quote:
I am surprised you where not put on pelvic rest.

Do yourself a favor and take life in the slow lane. I'd be avoiding sex till its gone too.[/b]
I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is pelvic rest. The doctor did tell me to take it easy and try to stay off my feet as much as I can. She also said no sex.

August 16th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had 2 SCH's and went on to deliver 1 full term baby and 1 premature baby ~ don't be surprised if you bleed for a few weeks and have them stay on top of your levels....this is a good indicator of how things are going.

SCH is very common and may place you in a high risk category (if other high risk conditions are present with it) but mostly it heals on it on by the 2nd trimester.

BTW, I didn't hemmorraged with my last 2 pregnancies at 8 weeks and then at 12 weeks.

August 17th, 2007, 10:21 AM
pelvic rest is exactly that
staying off your feet and no sex

whew.... glad you where told that. You didn't mention it in your original thread.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

August 19th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I'm 33 wks. Had a sch 6.5 cm. Bled at 16,17 and 23 weeks. I think the reason why I bled at 23 wks is because I went off pelvic rest. I had not bled in a long time but going off that kind of rest seemed to trigger things again.

Where is the sch located? The size and location of the sch has a lot to do with the outcome. mine was in the placenta which isn't the greatest place to have it but I'm doing well. 33 wks and the baby is progressing normally. I was on complete bedrest from 16 to about 20 weeks. I was on modified from 20 till 23. Complete again from 20 till 21 weeks and now I do whatever I want except sex.

The sch will can do a number of things. It can reabsorb and clear up completly, it can get bigger and cause a mc, it can stay the same throughout the entire pregnancy, it can get smaller but not dissapear completly. The risks involved in sch are pre term labor if it hasn't resolved by a certian amount of time and IUGR if the sch is in the placenta. If the placenta is damaged in anyway, this can cut a bit of flow to the baby causing some growth restriction. These are the risks but there are many many many many women who go on to have wonderful healthy babies.

pm me if you have any questions
August 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
jennifer97's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jennifer97
Just lurking from the PAL board and thought I'd give you my update.

I too had a SCH with this pg and began spotting at 5 1/2 weeks. At about 7 weeks I had a day of bright red bleeding. Like some of the others, I was told I was m/c and there was no sac or anything in the uterus. Well, you can see that I am now almost 32 weeks pg.

I've heard that the percentage of pgs with SCH is a lot greater than 5%. My sister had a very large SCH with her pg and had massive amounts of bright red bleeding. She works for an OB and was told that she had a 50/50 chance of m/c due to the size of the hemorrage, but she went on to have a perfectly normal little girl.

I would try to stay positive. My sister said that 80% of the SCH take care of themselves. Good luck with your pg!!!

<span style="color:#4169E1"><span style="font-family:Garamond">http://chasingfirefliesphotos.blogspot.com</span></span>

August 20th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i was just told i have one two days ago, the dr said because of the size of it and because im past 10 weeks i have about a 50/50 chance, the dr siad strick bed rest for me and the bleading has became light, i see the dr in a few hours so hopfully things have improved
August 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Oh Geeze. I hope your situation improves. Did you update us?

Sanity is a cozy lie.

August 23rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the support. Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that I had a m/c. They think it could''ve been a molar pregnancy. I go for a d&c on Monday. One again, thanks to all of you for the support and answers to my questions. God bless you all!
August 23rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

August 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM
jes750's Avatar Veteran
I'm sorry this happened.
T&P that it's not molar.

August 24th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Oh gosh I hadn't even thought of that
Molar pregnancy is cancerous

I really hope it was not a molar pregnancy but rather just a loss.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search