Progesterone

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Regular

My question here is if you take a progesterone pill, how much do you take? I don't produce progesterone so they have prescribed 100mg 3 times a day. Because of previous miscarriages, I told the doctor that I had read on the internet that some woman take 200mg 3 times a day so he let me take that. Today he told me he wanted me to go back down to 100mg 3 times a day because my progesterone levels are fine.... Wouldn't it seem like he'd leave things alone if things are going well???? Me and my husband don't fully trust his decisions because one time before he told me to stop taking the progesterone and at the time I tested positive for being pregnant (home test) and then two days later I started to bleed. He said the reason he wanted me to stop taking it was so that he could see where my natural progesterone levels were, it was stupid because he already knew that I didn't produce any.... Reading on the internet, I saw some women post that if you all of a sudden stop taking the progesterone that you could possible miscarry. I'm going to change doctors soon as this one don't seem to read his reports before making his decission.... I believe he just has too many patients and he just fumbles through my reports.... Even the nurse fumbles through my report because she was reporting that I was on some medicine other than the progesterone pills..... She thought I was taking fertility pills..... My husband was PO that they couldn't even read my chart correct..... So you guys, you will be seeing me ask a lot of questions as I don't put 100% faith in doctors these days.
August 22nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I never had to take it but I do know that they should give you a blood test then adjust your dose accordingly. So if you are not producing progesterone you would get more than say someone who is but producing not enough. If that makes sense.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 22nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Regular
Quote:
I never had to take it but I do know that they should give you a blood test then adjust your dose accordingly. So if you are not producing progesterone you would get more than say someone who is but producing not enough. If that makes sense.[/b]

Well I was on 200mg 3 times a day when he tested my blood and the progesterone level was good so that's why I don't see why he wants me to go down in doseage. I just took another blood test today and tomorrow we'll see what the result are there. The previous blood test was taken Monday.
August 23rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Veteran
200 mg - 3 times a day vaginally and 1 time a day orally.
August 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Regular
Well the results came back today.... My hormone levels have doubled from what they were Monday and my progesterone levels are out the box...... Guess 200mg 3 times a day was too much..... Levels went from 33 to 128... I'll be back down to 100mg 3 times a day until my next blood work which will be Monday and they also have me scheduled for more blood work Wednesday along with an ultrasound to see how everything looks since I've had some bleeding...... Until then I'll keep my fingers crossed, wear my blessed pendant a friend gave me and keep praying to God, the man upstairs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search