Knowing that you are high risk

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
How long did you wait to call the doctor and advertise that you where pregnant.

If you suffer from recurrent MC, did you hold off on calling the doctor till you where past your danger point?

If you suffer from recurrent MC, do you hold off on telling family and friends?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 24th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I called the doctor as soon as we got our BFP. We had to tell family almost immediately, I was put on modified bed rest at 8 weeks so we needed their support. Everyone at work found out to because I went out on leave and eventually quit.

August 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Well, my complications usually start in the second trimester so I didn't call the Dr. until I thought I was 7 weeks.
I also didn't tell anyone but my DH told our 7yr old and she quickly told everyone she saw. He also told my mom at 8 weeks and we knew the rest of the family would know shortly there after.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
August 24th, 2007, 04:37 PM
klfc28
I wasn't high or elevated risk till after my first prenatal appt. I called the doc right away to start the process. You have to get a blood test confirmation before they will let you even fill out the paperwork or get any appts. Its a military facilty, what can I say!

And we told family right away, it was our first positive test and first pregnancy, so we couldn't hold it in!
August 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM
AlaynasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AlaynasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AlaynasMommy
I'm high risk because I had GD and Pre Eclampsia with my first pregnancy. I called at 6 weeks because I just wanted to be seen. I didn't even believe I was pregnant. hah

August 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I called my doctor the day I got my positive test. He saw me that very day. It wasn't so long from when I had a mc and he wanted to be careful. That very same day, he sent me to labcore to get my progesterone levels. They were very low. He told me that I would most likely have another mc if I didn't get supplements. I took them 2x a day all 1st trimester and he kept sending me to get checked every week.

This is why I can't be mad at this doctor. He told me he couldn't see me anymore after we found out that I had a sch and previa. He didn't feel confident caring for me and left me with no referals and already well into my 2nd trimester. I did find a doctor who would take me buy I'll always be grateful for my first ob who probably saved this babies life. almost 35 wks now! Getting close
August 25th, 2007, 06:01 AM
paganmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually called the doc yesterday. I had already scheduled an appointment with my regular doc to get a refill on birth control pills for August 24. When I went in yesterday I told her I was pregnant and she recommended several OBGYN's in the area. I called yesterday and set up my appointments. And the nurse called me back yesterday as well after the appointment lady set my first OB appointment for October 10. The nurse called back and wanted to know why I wanted to be seen so late into the first trimester. I told her that I wanted to be seen earlier but that Fridays are my only available day unless they can see me super early in the morning. Working 4 jobs doesn't leave me much time for anything else. So she found an open spot on September 21 to see me and we discussed my factors that make this a high risk pregnancy.

</div>
August 25th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Tina K's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Tina K
I called the same day I got the positive test. I needed to be closely monitored for my first trimester and get on blood thinners as quickly as possible.

I told my mom almost immediately, because she wanted to know if my thyroid was the cause of my problems, it's so nice to have good news for once for my mom

We held off on telling most people until after 12 weeks, I think that made it go a lot faster for them too
August 25th, 2007, 01:03 PM
mommyholly07's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyholly07
my first pregnancy we told people right away...and it ended in m/c. with my son i called the doc as soon as i got a positive test. this time i took a couple tests and called after like the 3rd one. With my son we told only my mom and sister i think after my first doctor visit at 8 weeks then let everyone else in on it throughout the 1st trimester. With this baby since i kept having spotting so we didn't tell anyone. i wanted to wait until after the 1st triemester. Then at my 11 week routine appointment when they couldn't find my baby's heartbeat even on ultrasound and suggested that the baby died....we felt we had to tell people what had happened (well i definetly had to tell my sister...she knew i was pregnant and was babysitting my son)...cause I was so devastated and would be in no shape to see or talk to anyone like nothing had happened. So instead of telling them good news, we had to tell them we were pregnant...but the baby died. But 4 days later at an ultrasound visit to check on the progress of things and there was a heartbeat we got to call everyone back and tell them the surprising...shocking...news. That was the best day!
August 25th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I usually wait till I am out of the first trimester to tell anyone.
I told my dad about the last one when he was 5 weeks old lol

I dont like haveing to untell or hear the unkind don't you think you have enough comments.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search