Worry Much?

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Do you call your doctor or case room ( L&D in the US) for every little thing?

I never could bring myself to do this, but my former SIL used to have them on speed dial and I am pretty certain they did the happy dance once she delivered.

Can you ever be too cautious with your health and that of your babies?

How do you feel about this ? (don't be shy with the details)

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
klfc28
I know I tend to worry a little more than I probably should. But its my first and having the surgery puts me on edge about things.

I try to wait out talking to the doc about concerns until my next appt, especially since I see him every two weeks.

I have had 1 trip to the ER (I wasn't 20 weeks yet, so L&D wouldn't see me). And 3 trips to L&D - luckily all things were a-ok.

I doubt I would have made those trips or as many if I hadn't had the surgery. Each person is different I guess.
August 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I was in L and D all night with severe contractions but a closed cervix. Won't be long now. Am I worried? Not so much. I'm confident. My one worry is that her cord will be wrapped around her. I've heard of that happening. My mother's neighbor lost her baby that way. Being a new mother, I think this is a normal worry.
August 26th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Tina K's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Tina K
With my son I did moreso than I do now, just because you can't call L&D and come in, you have to check in at the ER. I haven't had nearly as many complications this time around as I did with him though, and if I hadn't gone into L&D the one time, they wouldn't have caught my Pre-eclampsia the first time around. You can't be too safe with your health or that of your baby's during pregnancy!
August 26th, 2007, 06:14 PM
HighwayDaisy
I'll admit I think about calling L&D ALL the time now. But the high risk thing is also very new to me. What I'm most concerned with now is that I'm going to stress myself out worrying about wether or not I should go in, which will cause me to have to go in! (What do they mean, keep your stress down?? How?? I'm pregnant!)

I've managed not to call just yet, though I've only been High Risk since Tuesday, so I guess I don't have much to speak of yet!

Honestly I just feel so anxious and paranoid, I'm not sure how to handle it. I have another apointment with my OBGYN next week and I'm hoping to talk to her about anti-anxiety tactics. (and crossing my fingers that I don't end up in L&D again because of high BP from being so nervous!)
August 26th, 2007, 07:25 PM
mommyholly07's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyholly07
I've called my doctor's office about 4 times this pregnancy for things that came up. 2 times during office hours, and 2 times after hours. Of course my doc doesn't mind...they tell me to call if i need anything. But first it was for spotting...then pink mucus...then spotting again. Anything else I usually wait until my next visit...although i have thought about calling them more.

With my son, I had a lot less issues. I don't think I ever had to call them between visits with him. I had no spotting or anything...but i was also be monitored closer and visiting them more often...so maybe I felt better...i don't know.

August 27th, 2007, 12:54 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I know this is horrible but I try to never call. I wait it out until my appointment.
With my other pregnancies, if I called about anything, my Dr. would make me go to L&D. I spent weeks in the hospital and it got to where I just brought a bag with me to each appointment. I would far rather bedrest at home than in the hospital. Of course, if I thought it was a real emergency, I'd go right in.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search