New to this board

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2007, 06:12 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's the short version of history: I am currently 14.5 weeks with my second child. My doctor has deemed me high risk because by first was born at 34.5 weeks and apparently during my u/s for him, my cervix measured short at 20 wks. I had a LEEP one year before he was born. So this time around, my dr is being extremely aggressive to make sure this baby makes it to term.

I just had a cerclage last monday and this past sunday started bleeding. It kept going for about 5 hours, then slowed down and eventually tapered off. But because of my history, the dr on call sent me to the ER. They did an U/S and said the baby was just fine - kicking and jumping all around. They said bleeding was from cerclage stiches and to follow up with my dr yesterday. I saw my dr yesterday - they did another u/s and said the baby was just fine, my cervix still closed and all stiches still in place. Then my dr examined me and said everything looked good, and that the bleeding was most likely passing clots from the surgery itself.

At this point, I had stopped bleeding and was feeling much better about the situation. Until last night, when I got home and was eating dinner, I started bleeding again, but differently. Not clots this time. I figured that is was from all the iritation of a vaginal u/s and exam that bothered my cervix, so I just rested and went to bed.

This morning when I got up, I passed the biggest clot I had ever seen!!! It had to have been at least 2-3 tbsp. and still bleeding!!!

Has anyone had any similar experiences?? Should I call my dr again, even though I just saw him at 2pm yesterday, and everything was fine??? I don't know what to do and I'm starting to be really concerned that something's going terribly wrong....HELP!!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

August 28th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Welcome to the board.

Yes call your doctor now. A clot that size is not normal. You need to be certain it is healing well and you are not at risk for infection.

Good luck.
Call now.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
August 28th, 2007, 08:47 PM
paganmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely call your doc. That doesn't sound normal to me.

</div>
August 29th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you have an sch(blood clot) or placenta previa. I'm not positive though. If you felt like a gush feeling and the blood was a lot and bright red followed by a clot, could be an sch but this can also happen with previa although with previa, you are more likely to have just some painless red blood. definatly get it checked out by your dr and insist on an ultrasound! good luck and keep us posted.

I don't know much about shortend cervix but it seems like you have that one under control. please get some answers

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you have an sch(blood clot) or placenta previa. I'm not positive though. If you felt like a gush feeling and the blood was a lot and bright red followed by a clot, could be an sch but this can also happen with previa although with previa, you are more likely to have just some painless red blood. definatly get it checked out by your dr and insist on an ultrasound! good luck and keep us posted.

I don't know much about shortend cervix but it seems like you have that one under control. please get some answers

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search