New to this board. High risk, but have been in denial.

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Lisa, due on New Years Eve, but I guess I should just stop saying that since they are taking my baby out in 9 days. I actually like being pregnant, even WITH all the complications. The complications aren't really pregnancy related, but I had carcinoid Cancer last year (only 7 months before getting pregnant) and it left a LOT of scar tissue all over my abdomin. The worst is from a right hemi-colectomy. When I told my oncologist I was pregnant he was very happy for me, but also very shocked. I believe God was waiting to grant my ONLY WISH in thw world - the only reason why I even wanted to live was to have a baby- until I was cancer free and healthy.

But there have been som complications. I've had right upper quadrant pain my ENTIRE pregnancy. Its been so awful, I've been hospitalized so many times I've lost track. I've also had multiple UTIs which for me always end up as kidney infections, always on my right side. Hydronephrosis (fluid on the right kidney) is normal in pregnancy, but mine is way beyond the norm. They even did and IVP which is an XRAY (I wish I had declined it) to check for stones because if I had had stones I woul have needed a stint. Instead it revealed that the tube IS dialated and there is some adhesions attatched to it. The previous surgery was supposed to be minimually invasive, laproscopic actually, to remove 8cm of colon but when they got in they realized they had to take out half my colon and so the scar is bigger than it would have been, but there is scar TISSUE all over my inside. And adhesions that are constantly being stretched due to pregnancy, HURT, But I can deal with it.

Well, suddenly its like hitting me that my pregnancy is almost OVER, that my baby will be here soon, and then I have to have all these tests and procedures, possibly even surgery, God forbid, and I am a single mom. I just want to be home with my baby boy!

Plus they told me the baby may have to spend some time in the special care nursery for observation. I am really really upset about this and have not stopped crying since I found out. I KNOW lots of mommies have babies in the NICU but I TRULY though he could room in with me and then if I needed to have any sort of tests THEN he could go in the nursery or my mom could stay with him. Now they want to make sure he is fine, which I KNOW he will be, although my belly is suddenly measuring really small. The resident measured me at 25 weeks and then when I freaked out about it (he measured at 34 weeks last time) she had the med student re-do it and its 28 weeks. I know he dropped but that seems like a lot.

I have a feeling I might even go into labor BEFORE my induction date. I just really want him to backe until 38 weeks for lung developement. Then hopefully he will be SO healthy that he CAN room in with me but at this point that is like praying for a miracle.

Sorry to drag on, I have no one to talk to about this and I'm so scared now. Its actually sinking in that this is actually happening an NOT the way I want it to. I have so many questions and no one to talk to.

</div>
December 9th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Oh geeze I am sorry.
WEll let me start by saying youare 36 weeks + currently and your baby's lungs are now mature enough so there are no worries there. Term is actually 37 weeks to 40, preterm 34 to 36, premature before 34 weeks, post term 40 weeks.

So you are safe on that point.

If you are needing surgery etc will you have family backup to help with the baby?

Denile helps you stay strong and positive. I hope you continue with your strength. You are awesome.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Lisa,

I just read your story, and I want you to know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. You've had a long road before you and I believe everything will turn out GREAT.

Your baby is almost here and I am sure he will be a healthy little guy. I pray too that if you do need surgery that it goes smoothly (which I am sure it will).

Hang in there and big HUGS,

A family of Three
is a Blessing to Me
</span>

DD Our miracle child ~ 11/13/03
Done TTC...three babies in heaven is enough for us.
<span style="color:#008000">m/c twins 10 weeks ~ 01/08/08
m/c blighted ovum ~ 06//18/06
My problems carrying a baby to term: +ANA, +ACA, MTHFR hetero gene
December 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
First off, I'm sorry you're going through so much. I can relate, I've had cancer also and have adhesion problems. But like Cindermella said, you are 36+ weeks, so your little guy shouldn't need much time in the nursery.

Are they inducing you or actually giving you a c-section? My Dr's refuse any abdominal surgery on me, even a tubal. I have way too much scar tissue to even be a candidate for laprascopic (sp?) procedures. Also, It surprises me they did an IVP on you. My oncologist says I can never have them. The dye can cause renal failure. Also, do you know what you will do for birth control after your little guy is here? The reason I'm asking is b/c hormones are also a huge no-no for me, as they can feed secondary tumors.

You and your baby are in my T&P's. You are more than welcome to IM me if you want to talk to someone who's lived through similiar experiences. And remember that you are a survivor. That's the best news of all. Add a new baby to that and you are a lucky woman. I know things seems rough, but it gets better.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search