Partial abruption of low-lying placenta

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Regular
Hi, I'm new to these boards. I'm 33 wks pregnant and had a partial placenta abruption. My placenta has been low-lying since my 20wk sono. I bled a little when it happened but haven't since. ? is...I am home on bedrest but get worried (especially after I am online looking up info). Anyone else on bedrest at home for this? In hospital? I feel certain I will have a c-section, just wondering if there is any chance I may make it to term. Thanks
December 15th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
There is a good chance you will make it to term if you stay on your bed rest.

Couple of people here are on bedrest.

Do yourself a favor espeically if you upset easily and avoid reading stuff on the internet. For all the good information out there, there is alot of miss information too.

Yes more than likely you will have a section.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 15th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
There is a good chance you will make it to term if you stay on your bed rest.

Couple of people here are on bedrest.

Do yourself a favor espeically if you upset easily and avoid reading stuff on the internet. For all the good information out there, there is alot of miss information too.

Yes more than likely you will have a section.[/b]
Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto... Google is your worst friend right now. I could go on Google and tell you that you will be 100% fine and you could do jumping jacks from now until 40 weeks with no problems after an abruption if thats the info I wanted to find. I could also tell you the exact opposite that no matter what you do, there is no hope, and find plenty of garbage out there to support that theory if thats what I wanted to find. Oh, and neither of those are even remotely true by the way! Google is an awful resource, and will serve to do nothing but add to your anxiety (which in not good for you mama!). Trust your Drs, follow their orders. If you dont agree with them, get another opinion- its your right to! Do everything in your power to remain rested, calm, hydrated, nourished, with low activity, and take all your meds. You can make it mama! HUGS!!!
December 15th, 2007, 08:07 PM
sle4life's Avatar Veteran
Hi. I am on hospital bed rest and was on bed rest for 4 weeks before I came here. I have been here 21 days and fully expect to be her for 30-40 more days. I had a partial abruption that caused a subchorionic hematoma which irritated my sac and at 23 weeks I broke my water. Most women go into labor within 48 hours and almost all go within a week. However, I am still hanging on and and currently 26w 4d. We have hope to make it to 32-34w. I encourage you to come at this with a positive attitude. I have come to realize that being grumpy or worse doesn't make the time go by any quicker or easier. Try to focus on what is going right for you. You are still pregnant and appear to be otherwise healthy. You'll most likely get to be home with your family for the holiday. Stay away from websites that can make you afraid and that causes stress on your mind. Think of this as rest before baby comes and then you'll get no rest. I am praying for you and hope that all is well. Keep us posted.
December 17th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Regular
Hi,

I'm 24 weeks and 4 days and was diagnosed with a partial abruption last week. Apparently, it is very small. I was hospitalized and now on total bedrest at home. I am really worried about early delivery.

My dotor wants me to get to at least 28 weeks, but personally I want to get to 36 weeks. I am taking NIFEDIPINE to relax my uterus.

Has anyone had the same condition, how long did you carry for, did you find it diffucult to cope emtionally?

Thanks.
December 17th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Hi,

I'm 24 weeks and 4 days and was diagnosed with a partial abruption last week. Apparently, it is very small. I was hospitalized and now on total bedrest at home. I am really worried about early delivery.

My dotor wants me to get to at least 28 weeks, but personally I want to get to 36 weeks. I am taking NIFEDIPINE to relax my uterus.

Has anyone had the same condition, how long did you carry for, did you find it diffucult to cope emtionally?

Thanks.[/b]
I had a pa at 15w4d- but I had a very large pa so there is a diff. I had my daughter at 21 weeks(she was stillborn)
I am now 15wk3days so far everything is good!!
I had a pa 15 years ago with my son at 20weeks in it was small like yours, I was put on bed rest and went on to carry him till 32 weeks.
he is a healthy 15 year old now!! so at 24 weeks it looks very good that everything will be ok just take it easy and good luck keep us posted!!
December 21st, 2007, 07:41 AM
Regular
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.[/b]
I had a pa at 15w4d- but I had a very large pa so there is a diff. I had my daughter at 21 weeks(she was stillborn)
I had a pa 15 years ago with my son at 20weeks in it was small like yours, I was put on bed rest and went on to carry him till 32 weeks.
he is a healthy 15 year old now!! so at 24 weeks it looks very good that everything will be ok just take it easy and good luck keep us posted!!
[/b]
Thanks for your response. I'm very sorry for your loss of your daughter. It is heartbreaking for you and your family.

When you had the placenta abruption with your son, did you bleed just once? I had spotting at 19 weeks and a small bleed at 20 weeks. At 24 weeks, it was a big bleed. Since then I haven't had any more bleeds and praying it stays this way.

Good luck with your current pregnancy. I really hope you don't have a placenta abruption this time.

December 21st, 2007, 01:22 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a complete abruption at 33 weeks leading to labor and immediate delivery. It was concealed bleeding at first though, until I started pushing and they realized what was going on. They got her out just in time (episiotomy and forcep delivery). She's now a very healthy 28 month old. I went on to have a healthy baby boy with no abruption.

TTC our 3rd and last baby since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

December 22nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.[/b]
[/b]
Thanks for your response. I'm very sorry for your loss of your daughter. It is heartbreaking for you and your family.

When you had the placenta abruption with your son, did you bleed just once? I had spotting at 19 weeks and a small bleed at 20 weeks. At 24 weeks, it was a big bleed. Since then I haven't had any more bleeds and praying it stays this way.

Good luck with your current pregnancy. I really hope you don't have a placenta abruption this time.
[/b]

No I woke up one night bleeding at 20weeks and went on to bleed for 2wk would stop a week then bleed a gain till 32 wk. they took him by c/s
the dr said that I had carried him as far as I could in the next say I had him by c/s.
like I said he is 15 years old normal teenager. so there is a good chance you will carry far enough that everything works out fine.
keep us posted!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search