Stuck on bed rest for 3 months!

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone! I thought I would stop by & introduce myself. I'm Astrid & am carrying triplets. On Friday during my bi-monthly peri visit, she saw that my cervix had shortened to 2.4 & decided that we needed to put in a cerclage. I didn't even get to go home. I went straight to the hospital, was admitted & on Saturday morning, I had my cerclage put in. Everything went very well. I was discharged on Sunday after being obverved for contractions for 24 hrs.

I have been at home & will be at home on bed rest through the duration of the pgcy. SOOOO...if any of you girls have ways to pass the time or were put on bed rest at 19 weeks, please share w/ me! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

December 19th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi sweetie! Welcome over to the High Risk board! The girls here are great!!!
December 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
welcome to the high risk board Astrid.

I have been on bed rest but never quite that long but I have been on bed rest.

I have been following you off and on, on the mod board.

Triplets are so exciting. Congratulations again and great name choices.

Do you have something to amuse yourself with for the bedrest?
May I suggest online MahJong?

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Thanks for the welcome! Um, I actually do have quite a bit to keep me busy throughout the day. I have started a knitting project & then there is JM. I also use bands to work out my legs & arms. Hmmmm, what else? Sudoku is something else I do & I also have a couple of ePals that are also on bed rest & getting to know them takes up some of my time. Otherwise, I plan on registering online & know that will take me a while too.

Overall, I am just trying to hang in there until these babies are viable. After that, every extra week is a blessing!

December 19th, 2007, 12:14 PM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi astrid! last pg i was on partial bedrest from 14 w on, then full bedrest from 24w til the end. it was not fun. but you get through it. sounds like you've got stuff to keep you busy, that's good. i went to sidelines.org and got a btdt mommy friend, i liked that because i could call her, and sometimes i need a voice at the other end of the conversation. this time i'm on restricted activity for now, so i signed up for netflix, because i have a zillion movies i wanted to see, i just never make time for them! good luck keeping those kiddos baking!
btw, my 5yo loves your siggy. she finds it fascinating that a mommy can have 3 babies at once, and is trying to convince me that we should do that too!
December 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Stay positive
stay happy

good things will happen.

I can feel it for you.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh, Astrid, i just wanted to tell you i absolutely love your new siggy. you look amazing and the babies are just beautiful

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
December 19th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Congrats on your triplets! wow! I have a feeling in a couple more months, you will be happy to be on bedrest since I'd imagine it will be so uncomfortable to move with 3 babies in there.

I'm happy the cerclage is in place with no complications from that! You and your family are in my thoughts, hun. And the names you picked out are very cute!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
December 19th, 2007, 10:00 PM
bookboarder's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Astrid - It's so good to see you here! I didn't know we're allowed to exercise the limbs on bedrest--- if I go back on it, I'll have to do that. I felt like a blob after my week here. LOL.

I'm sure you'll do awesome!

I was cleared to take my trip tomorrow, to St. Louis-- have to do the wheelchair thing, but I'm so excited to see my family.

I'll be checking in when I can, and of course following up on you...

OK, one more thing... TMI question--- but, do you have an excess of CM now that you've had the cerclage placed? I asked my doctor about it today, and she said it's totally normal, but it's making me crazy! LOL! She said it will likely continue through the whole pregnancy, because the cerclage is a foreign object, and our bodies don't like it. Gee, great! LOL!

Thank you to MommaTrish for my WONDERFUL siggy!!!

December 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
sle4life's Avatar Veteran
I have been on bed rest since 10/30 and on 11/25 I was admitted to the hospital for the duration so I could end up down for 90+ days. Hang in there and contact me if you like. Many blessings on your 3 precious ones!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search