New here

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2007, 01:07 AM
AKMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Im jumping over from the march ddc hope thats okay. Im on bed rest have been on full bed rest for 3 weeks now and was on pelvic rest 2 weeks befor that. I was admitted to the hispital for preterm labor and funneling at 24 weeks which has landed me in bed for the duration it looks like. I had another u/s on monday which did show some funneling again and cervix wide open at the top still. We are taking it one week at a time.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
December 20th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Welcome to the High Risk board.
Did they offer any suggestions as to why your are effacing so early

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 20th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the HR Board. Sorry to hear you are having some difficulties! I hope they are able to find a reason, but more importantly I hope you hold that little one in there!
December 20th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I hate that so many women are having cervix problems. I hope you and your baby make it many more weeks with no more problems. I wonder what's causing it?

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
December 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM
They have no idea what is causeing it. I have had tons on pressure really low most of the pregnancy which at first they just accredited to this being my 3rd. After looking at the u/s at 17 weeks we found my cervix was completly soft but long. It has changed over time to know soft, open funneling and my cervical length is now a 2.9 from a 4.7 just a week ago. I have never had any problems carring past the first 3 months (Have to be on progetserone first 3 months).

December 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
perhaps a cerclage is in order

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Quote:
perhaps a cerclage is in order[/b]
The peri wont do it, that is his asolutly last resort. They said the risks of causing labor, infection and ruptering my water are high and dont want to risk it unless absolutly nessacary. So far the bed rest has been working I have made it 3 more weeks since being home from the hispital.

December 21st, 2007, 09:38 PM
sle4life's Avatar Veteran
I am also due in March and have now been in the hospital for 27 days. I'll hopefully be here for 5-6 more weeks. Hang in there and keep your head up. Do what the doctors tell you and maybe you'll make it all the way!
December 21st, 2007, 10:35 PM
Quote:
I am also due in March and have now been in the hospital for 27 days. I'll hopefully be here for 5-6 more weeks. Hang in there and keep your head up. Do what the doctors tell you and maybe you'll make it all the way! [/b]
Oh my! How are you hanging in there? I spent 24 hours there and it was so hard, I hope you hang in there!

December 22nd, 2007, 04:48 PM
sle4life's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
I am also due in March and have now been in the hospital for 27 days. I'll hopefully be here for 5-6 more weeks. Hang in there and keep your head up. Do what the doctors tell you and maybe you'll make it all the way! [/b]
Oh my! How are you hanging in there? I spent 24 hours there and it was so hard, I hope you hang in there!
[/b]
You don't what you are capable of until you are thrust in the midst. I rely heavily on my God to keep me from falling into a funk. I have my computer, books, supportive friends and family, and the knowledge that I am doing this to save my baby's life. Keeping a positive attitude has been the key to this.
December 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Chang217's Avatar Veteran
Another March mommy here....
Just want to say that we are almost there.
In no time you will be able to look back on this with your little baby and say it was all worth it.

December 23rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Seems like you & I are in the same situation. I am also on bed rest for the same thing but the difference is that I am just shy of 20 weeks & I had a cerclage put in. I am also pg w/ triplets so the pressure on my cervix is definitely due to the 3 of them. We will just have to hang in there & do the best we can. If you need a buddy, I'm only a PM away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search