Cerclage wasn't so bad

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
angieelee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my cerclage put in on Thursday and had my check up today (I have not had internet- don't ask). I did have a general since he said it would pose no more risk than a spinal since I was only under for approx. 10 min.
I have had no bleeding or pain- just a little pressure.
The check-up today was another story- lots of pain. I have to go back in two weeks again.
Nichole- thanks for your encouragement.
December 26th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
I am lost. Is it hurting you in general or was it the internal that caused you pain?

One would think that there would be less internals with the cerlage in place because it would be doing its job plus there is a risk of infection in general with each and every internal you have.

Feel better. Glad it went well the first time.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 26th, 2007, 06:20 PM
It was the internal exam today that hurt. He told me it would hurt, but he needed to check the cerclage. I pray there is not another one, but I assume he will be doing it again in two weeks when he sees me.
Thanks.
December 27th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
Well poo on him for hurting you but the upside is its in place properly.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 29th, 2007, 05:04 AM
bookboarder's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there--- I'm on vacation, but wanted to say hi! I am so glad that it was not too bad. I am jealous that you had the general anesthesia, though. I still have some pressure where the cerclage was placed, but it's not too bad. I wouldn't say it's been painful. I can definitely feel 'something', though. Now, I've started to think about them taking it out, and that's got me a little bit freaked out!

Thank you to MommaTrish for my WONDERFUL siggy!!!

December 29th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey hun! I just wanted to say that I am sorry they did the internal. Thankfully when I had mine put it, my dr didn't do one. She used the u/s to check to make sure that everything was holding. Just remember to rest, rest, rest. Have you been told you need a week's worth of bed rest to let the cervix heal?

December 29th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Astrid- I asked him about that and he said it all depends on the placement of the cerclage. He said if I had a desk job he would release me on day three to return to work. Thank goodness I do not go back until Jan 2nd anyways. He said I could do general light house work but would prefer I sit and fold laundry as an example. I learned that by taking pain meds I was doing too much.
I still don't have any pain, but I too can just feel where the pressure is from it. I wonder if it will stretch or always remain this tight feeling? Did your doctor mention anything about that? Mine likened it to the strings on a trash bag- does that mean they will stretch?
December 29th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
I got mine put in over 13 weeks ago. It might stretch a little bit but other wise it's not meant to. It's to keep the cervix completely closed. I rarely get internal checks. But I have been lately due to pressure and contractions off and on. My biggest fear is getting mine out. When I got mine put in my spinal didn't take properly and I felt the needle go in everytime and them tightening it was the worsest. The pressure and tenderness will lighten up over time. Then you won't feel it at all. Just please due take it easy for the first few weeks.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

December 30th, 2007, 08:41 AM
bookboarder's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine has been feeling less and less prominent for the last couple of days. I am glad, because I did not like that feeling. Little Aiden has been wiggling like a champion the last two days, which makes me so happy.

I, too, am mildly concerned about having the cerclage removed.

Corey - I had to have two spinals, because I was making SURE I could not feel anything before they started the procedure. I am not sensitive to anesthesia at all, so I knew to let them know when I could still feel them prodding me with the needles and such to see if I could feel. (I had a procedure done a few months ago on my skin and I could feel them cut me with the scalpel and everything, it was HORRIBLE.) They did the first, and I could still move my legs, and feel them poking me with a friggin' needle (they were really quite brutal-- thinking I could not feel). When I almost kicked the nurse in the face, she realized I was not lying, and they called the anesthsiologist to do another spinal. Then, they both took, and after the procedure I was numb up to my breasts!

Thank you to MommaTrish for my WONDERFUL siggy!!!

December 31st, 2007, 06:02 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to corey92902
I just meditated for the first half of it and then breathed through the last half with either my nurse or the anesthsiologist holding my hand and letting me cry through the pain. Of course my anesthsiologist felt so bad like it was his fault. It wasn't the spinal took on everything else just not my cervix. But I see it this way if I could handle that then I can handle completely natural childbirth with my twins. Even my OB was very impressed with how I handled it all. She's been my primary OB since. I love her.
28 year old Military wife and Proud mommy of 5 with #6 on the way!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search