Not sure if I belong here or not

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2007, 03:58 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure I belong anywhere really. Long story short... our baby has today been diagnosed with Transposition of the Great Arteries with a VSD (and possible also pulmonary stenosis, not yet 100% on that one). Will go into full details if I belong.

I guess the pregnancy itself isn't high risk, but its not really low risk either. I don't feel like I belong in a DDC, where everything is sunshine and lollipops and heartburn is the biggest complaint. I'm finding it harder and harder to reply there without wanting to say things I shouldn't. I'll stop rambling now.

BTW... I'm Mellie.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
My son Donovan had taussig-bing malformation, double outlet right ventricle, ventricular septal defect, malposed great vessels and arch hypoplasia t coartation. If I told you I knew exactly how you are feeling now I would not be lying. You are correct. There is not alot of support in a ddc for something serious like this. The major reason being, you can not fathom how horrible it is till you lived it.

Transpostion of the great arteries and malposed great vessels means the same thing.

Feel free to post here about anything.

Welcome to the high risk board.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
December 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
The whole thing just really scares me. He will be at not only the best Children's hospital in the state but in the country, and close on the world. We also have a few connections to a few people who work there.

I keep going over and over yesterdays meeting with the Proff in my head. His mention several times of if we were continuing the pregnancy or not has me worried, but I guess people end pregnancies for smaller defects and he is obligated to ask before offering treatment options. He also never used the words "what may happen" in regards to treatment, but used "what WILL happen" which to me means that he is optimistic about the outcome.

December 28th, 2007, 06:20 AM
I only found out when I was 32 maybe 33 weeks pregnant. I delivered at 36 weeks.

Do you you experience grief in waves? one moment everything is peachy the next your bawling?

Sanity is a cozy lie.

December 28th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Oh yeah. I gets heaps of guilty feelings as well... was it something I did? I feel him kick and remember that we won't be able to bring him home right away as we did with Jassie, but then I think we WILL bring him home eventually and I feel better. I swing between optimistic and pessimistic so much.

Knowing that there is treatment and that he stands a greater chance of surviving than not helps, but it's still like the fun has been sucked out of being pregnant. I'm too scared to go and buy a bassinet (never had one for Jas so we need). Any other piece of furniture or baby item we need I'm fine with buying its just the bassinet. I think I'm scared by the time we get to bring him home that he will have outgrown it, yet I'm fine with buying baby clothes in all sizes.

I think I need to try and focus on the positives that we have been told. That they CAN save him.

December 29th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Oh he will still fit it. His growth will be stunted for the surgery and recovery as his body will be busy trying to heal itself rather than busy growing.

Sanity is a cozy lie.

December 29th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi sweetie! I am so sorry you are dealing w/ such a serious issue before your baby is even born. It breaks my heart to hear all this. I wish I could tell you something that would comfort you but I don't know much about your specific issue. I want you to know your baby will most definitely be in my prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search