650 shots

Forum: High Risk Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone... I don't belong yet but I will (fingers crossed). I'm getting my IUD out next week and starting Feb I'm going to TTC #2.
Going in I know about as much as I can about my risks and what to do. Of course part of that is Heprin/lovenox shots. Two a day for probably 7-8 months and then up to three a day and for a couple months after baby is born (considering I was on a lower dose with DD and still managed to get a clot in my lung 2 weeks after DD was born).
So, math says about 650 shots. So worth it, and I've done it and it's not fun once you're already all brusied and welted up.
Anyone have any good ideas to make it more bearable? I've heard some say they get a piece of chocolate after each shot but man, I don't want to gain that much weight. I was thinking put a quarter in a jar and buy myself something awesome when I'm down about it, but really- I'd just do that anyway.
any ideas?
January 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I give myself shots of low-molecular weight heparin 2x a day right now. i guess i just do it and am reserved that it is something i have to do.
i have already went all around the bellybutton (except for the top, i don't have enough fat there and it hurts and bruises too much there). i seem to bruise less if i put the needle in quickly and inject the medicine slowly. i also don't have much fat so i have to pinch my skin up and the doctor has told me to insert the needle at a 45 to 90 degree angle to insure not going in intramuscualrly which can cause pain and hemorraging.
now, as for making it easier or rewarding yourself, i had never thought of that. it seems like a really good idea though b/c there are times where it is hard for me to work myself up to actually doing the shot. i will have to think about rewards or a good motivation
January 2nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
well I would avoid the chocolate. You don't want to become gestational diabetic and add to the shooting.

You are right? I have no magic cure to make it better but I will add that is is well worth it.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
January 2nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im on the Lovenox twice a day with the promise of an increase in a few weeks to three times a day. YAY! I just do it. I know I have to, and I just force myself to. I hate them, Im completely bruised and welted and they HURT like the dickens now that my belly is rounding out and getting harder. But, its just one of those things I reserve myself to do. I tell myself its the first gift I can give to my child along with good nutrition and rest- and thinking about that has been enough reward for me so far!

Good luck TTC, and cant wait to hear your wonderful news!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search