How are you feeling?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Today I am 6 weeks!!! I'm feeling sicker today than I have yet. I almost tossed my cookies yesterday late afternoon when there was an absolutely horrible smell outside. I need to go get a new bra today, my bbs had been a little bit bigger lately, but I think they got even bigger overnight.

April 23rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Those are good things, Jessica!!! Yeah, my bb's have gone from an A cup to a C cup and I think I'll be in a D before the baby is born -talk about running the gamut! I'm 18 weeks this weekend and I'm feeling fabulous pregnancy-wise. I still have this nagging cough that keeps me up at night, which really stinks since I need my rest! Other than that, I have had considerably more energy for about 3 weeks now and ditched the nausea at about week 14. Smells can still get me, though!

April 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, it looks like my m/s is really starting to get better. I only have it in the late afternoon or evenings. I popped. I look like I'm 5-6 months PG and I'm only almost 4. I look just like my last three...I'm thinking this is another boy I can't sneeze without feeling the pain of stretching ligaments. owww. But, I wouldn't trade any of it!

Jessica - Yay for great symptoms. I hope you m/s is manageable. Mine never started until about 6 wks and it lasted until about 14 wks...even though this PG seems to have m/s lasting a little longer.

April 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Morning.

I found that ginger cookies help with nausea. So do preggo drops if you can find them. peppermint works for a upset tummy.

today I am so/so. I can feel great in the morning and then feel nausea later in the day. I found that beef and the thought of it makes me want to hurl. (hamburgers)

I am exhausted half the time.

This is my 7th pregnancy (two miscarriages) I noticed my womb is already popping up out of the pelvis.

I have a appt on wednesday next week. I am hoping that we hear the heartbeat on the doppler. My intended mother (IM) will be there. She reserved but excited. Which is understandable with everything shes gone through and then what I have gone through with her.

I hope everyone is feeling alright today.

April 24th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kelty and Stacey.....I wanna see belly pics of you girls!

I did get a new bra yesterday.....I'm sure part of it is the weight gain I've had over the last year as well, but I went from a C to a D plus 2 inches!! And I still look like I've got muffin tops over the edges! I took measurements and then went to motherhood maternity clothes online to check their bra size chart....it's really cool, you put in your two measurements and it tells you what size you are. If I get too much bigger I'm going to have a heck of a time finding bras in this rural area.

April 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Delsol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! Today marked a new milestone - cycle day 35, and no MC. The previous three had happened by this time, so I am more hopeful about this one. Maybe my husband was right, and it's just a matter of stats. To encourage this one to 'stick', my doctor recommended I take one baby aspirin a day. When I asked about progesterone cream, she said there is no conclusive data that it works, but it cannot hurt - so I am taking that, too. We are only at 5 weeks now, so there is a long way to go before the twelve week mark (end of the first danger zone), but we've started telling a few friends and family. Hopes are high! I feel tired and bloated, but in a good way of course!

All my best to everyone - thanks for letting me share - Shannon

P.S. Jessica! lol! I hear you! I've already gone up one cup size since conceiving - not every woman has this problem, but those who do often find themselves chasing the perfect bra size all through pregnancy! With Sylvie, I started out a typical 36C, and ended up something like a 40DD. It seemed I was buying a new bra or some kind of extension every couple of weeks. Then AFTER she was born, oh my goodness! They grew even more. Get used to it! This is only the beginning..... ha ha.

Last edited by Delsol; April 24th, 2009 at 06:04 PM.
April 25th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Congratulations Shannon! What wonderful news! Sending you tons of sticky dust

Will you be able to go in soon for an u/s to confirm a heartbeat?

You are right about bra sizes -I always have an "explosion" once my milk comes in. With my other two pregnancies, I didn't grow that much before the boys were born, just after. This time around, I've been growing nonstop and I am wondering what is going to happen when my milk comes in!

April 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
OMG - wanna talk bras???? I have a hard enough time finding one that is without wires that feels comfy because I'm already large to begin with....now I've grown too much already and still having trouble. I went into motherhood and got 2 sports type bras and they are really comfy and supportive, except that a lot of my shirts are wide necked. So I had to go back in and buy a regular style one and that's not qutie as comfy...But the good thing is all 3 are also nursing bras, so that will help later on...
The m/s is just nausea...But I've found that hot cinnamon helps too...I have a big box of Hot Tamales in my desk drawer and cinnamon mentos in the car. Just can't eat too many at a time, cause that just brings on heartburn...lol But my m/s is just that...all day long I fell icky until I eat, then I feel a bit better until I either (1) realize that I ate too much and and regretting it, (2) realize that my stomache really didn't want to eat what I just ate, although it tasted pretty good at the time, or (3) start to get hungry again. Then I start to feel the nausea again. But no tossed cookies at all. Tomorrow makes 10 weeks, although looking at me, you'd think it was like 10 months....I can't wait for my appt Tuesday because I am hoping the doc says the prog injections and estrogen patches are DONE!!!!! Keep the fingers crossed for me...Hope you all have a good weekend, or what's left of it....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
April 27th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Kellica's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so glad to see you girls so excited! I'm so happy for all of you!!!! And Shannon, I'm so thrilled and excited for you. I know this one will be it for you. Congratulations on your milestone!
April 27th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW! I never thought bras would create such a topic! Still feeling pretty much the same. My first u/s has been moved up to Thursday, May 7th at 5pm. I won't be able to post anything about it until the next morning.

April 28th, 2009, 09:34 AM
It got moved up to the 7th? Great! It'll be here before you know it! I have my "big" u/s next Tuesday, the 5th. I'm a little nervous, but trying not to get too worked up. This is the one where they check all of the anatomy, etc. I'm just hoping that everything is where it is supposed to be!

April 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started out wearing a D cup so heaven help me if the bbs 'explode' to something beyond DD. I will have to contact a tent and awning business to see if they make specialty clothing for the really plus sized and busty.

Shannon ~ Yay! on the pregnancy.

It is amazing that some of the OM Grads are almost to the halfway point in their pregnancies. I am 12 weeks today and I am just hoping that I hear a hb at the appointment on Monday and can settle into the second trimester.

April 30th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Beth! End of the 1st trimester already! I'm surprised you haven't been in to hear a hb yet.....no worries tho, Monday is right around the corner.

I'm beginning to wonder if m/s is catching up with me. Last night every time I rolled over I felt sick to my stomach. I've been very nauseaous the last 24 hours.

May 1st, 2009, 06:26 AM
Wow, Beth! Time flies - second trimester is great! Are you feeling better or were you not very sick to begin with?

Jessica -that is all very good! I had the same thing at night -roll over and think, "ok here it comes." I had never had it at night like that before. During the day, just try to keep a little something in your tummy at all times. It really helps. I also sucked on lemon drops a lot. Ginger snaps actually helped me too.

I'm starting to get some fun ligament pain in my pelvic floor. It makes me waddle and it is far too early to be waddling. I have a chiropractor appointment today and am looking forward to it. It is better to address these issues before they become a real problem. On a fun note, I've been feeling the baby moving regularly off and on throughout the day. My younger DS got to feel it too last night, which was special. I think that DH was a little jealous because he wasn't the first to feel it. He's been working long hours and just hasn't had the opportunity.

May 1st, 2009, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Heather, I can't wait to feel baby move. I went to my first ever baby shower (I know, I'm 41 and have never been to one) last Saturday and it's also the first time I've ever felt a baby in the womb. He wasn't moving, but my friend said that if I pushed on the bump (his butt) he'd move away and he did. It was amazing.

I've been trying to keep something on my stomach most of the time and it seems to help. I told DH yesterday that I'm actually beginning to feel ok about the pg (I've been worried that there's something wrong) and that made him happy. I think it's because we hit 7 weeks yesterday and haven't had any issues.

Can't wait to hear how Beths appointment goes Monday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search