weight gain during pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, first off, we mustn't obsess over this, but if any of you are like me, you might be wondering how much you should be gaining. For those of you in the first trimester, they say 3-5 pounds for the whole trimester is good, but know that lots of women actually lose weight in the first tri -I lost 8 pounds with both of my boys (and made it up later, that was or sure). This time, I only gained one pound. Naturally, this stuff varies and I was getting tired of the "usual" info out there on this topic. I found these two websites and they are extremely helpful, so I thought I'd share:

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator at Baby Corner

Tools - Pregnancy Weight Tracker | Gerber | Nestle Good Start

April 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the information, Heather! So far, I'm right on target. I'm starting out overweight to begin with so I'm hoping to only gain 15-20 pounds. Once we have our u/s I'll probably be getting a yoga for pregnancy dvd. I think the exercise will help with delivery plus I'm hoping for it to help with keeping my weight to a reasonable level.

April 28th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Yes, Jessica! Exercise during pregnancy has so many benefits! I wish that I could recommend a good DVD, but I really haven't seen any that I personally like. I will say that it would be a great DVD if it addresses stretching, strength, core and kegel exercises. You can always get a good overall cardio workout by walking. I can't say enough about kegels. That was the one thing I did when I was pg with both my boys and I pushed each of them out in 15 minutes, no joke. I attribute that to my strong pelvic muscles (even though I wasn't in nearly as good of shape as I am now) and the fact that my boys were only 6 1/2- 7 pounds! Lots of things are out of our control with pregnancy, but healthy diet and exercise are two things that we absolutely can do for ourselves! Let me know if you find any good DVDs -always looking!

April 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If I find one I like, I'll let you know. And, I've already been doing kegel exercises. It's easy to do when I drive so much.

May 8th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
double post

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; May 8th, 2009 at 03:53 AM.
May 8th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm totally hijacking your post ladies seeing as I'm not even pregnant!! I had a minimal weight gain with my first pregnancy (11kgs - approximately 24lbs i think). 2nd pregnancy I gained 15kgs (approximately 33lbs). I really think I wasn't eating as well the 2nd time round.
Anyway I didn't mind my weight gain because I loved my pregnant belly..thought I'd share a few pics - this is pregnancy no.2 (when I gained more) simply because these photos are in the right order so easier to load up!! I took photos every 4 weeks from 16 wks..

16 weeks..

20wks

24wks

Don't know why but I missed 28 weeks.. this is 29 wks, looking terrible I might add!!!

32wks

38wks.. could have chosen clean skirt for the photo..perhaps I just couldn't see to know

40wks & counting (went into labour the next day, on my due date)

I have been looking at my pregnancy photos lately and they make me smile so thanks for letting me share ladies.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 8th, 2009, 04:11 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great pics, Lenore!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 8th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Lenore, you looked fabulous and your weight gain looked like it was all baby! Beautiful mum you are!!!

May 8th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
girl!! I wish I could be so lucky!

May 8th, 2009, 07:26 AM
smilanatu's Avatar Mommy X3
I started overweight as well and actually haven't been putting too much thought into the weight gain simply because it has to happen *wink* BUT I was impressed when doc told me I've only gained 11 lbs and my 3rd trimester starts next week...hopefully I'll stay on this path of whatever I'm doing (which is nothing LOL)

He who has hope has everything
May 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
thanks for sharing Heather this is great! I've been losing weight so far due to the m/s...so not too worried about weight gain yet i would LOVE to be in a position where i can eat and actually gain something....but these tools are way more helpful than the generic guidelines i've seen.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search