Nervous....again

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When will it go away? We've had like 3 or 4 losses in my DDC over the last couple of days and it's really making me nervous. My next appointment is on the 19th (only a week away) and I'm hoping she does another u/s to calm my nerves most of all, but to also get a better measurement. The tech last week measured me about 3 days further than I'm pretty sure I am. My nerves aren't being helped much by the fact that my bbs aren't sore and actually feel like they aren't as big as they were a week ago.

May 12th, 2009, 07:28 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
I'm glad your next appointment is soon, so you not have to wait long. Hang in there sweetie, and think positive!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 12th, 2009, 07:38 AM
smilanatu's Avatar Mommy X3
Good morning Jessica...

It is absolutely normal to be nervous...especially if you've had loss (I'm sorry I'm a newbie so I am not familiar with your story). But you have to relax and try not to stress...easier said than done I know...the truth is it doesn't matter if you're 6 weeks or 6 months...you will still worry. Pregnancy symptoms come and go in the early stages so I wouldn't rely soley on that. I'm telling you for me personally every appointment is too far away...I was so very scared in the beginning and I still am to an extent...I LOVE being able to see her grow and hearing that precious heartbeat. I hope you'll have a wonderful pregnancy!

He who has hope has everything
May 12th, 2009, 12:47 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
aww Jessica i'm sorry sweetie...i know it's tough to see all the losses in the DDC. I can only share my perspective having suffered a loss - i have chosen to approach this pregnancy with as much optimism as I can....the reality is the fate of my baby was decided at conception, and really nothing i do can change whatever that is, although i pray it will be a happy outcome! My fear (which i fight every day too) stems soley from not wanting to lose something so precious to me - but the odds are GREATLY in all of our favor that we'll have healthy babies.

It's hard with all the recent losses, but approx 20% of any group will experience loss...and we have a huge DDC, so unfortunately there were likely to be a number who would experience a m/c. But that doesn't mean you will! Your odds of a m/c dropped dramatically once you saw a hb...and once you get past your 2nd appt you'll probably start to feel more secure/positive about the stickiness of your little one

I agree with Delsol's comments in our DDC...it's tough to keep perspective but the reality is 80% or so of us will go on to have our babies, so try to focus on that when you're feeling nervous. And my next appt is same day as yours - so I'll be thinking of you too! HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 12th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, girls It's hard. Knowing that this is our last shot at it I'm just afraid of something happening. I know there's nothing I can do about it, and I understand the odds.....I just pray everyday that I can get out of this 1st trimester without any issues and that I can relax somewhat. I really don't want to be too worried during this whole pregnancy.

May 12th, 2009, 01:53 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Aww Jess! I know how you feel. Every loss I hear about makes me wonder if I'm next. I wonder if I'm meant to be able to have a baby or not. But hey, after all we both have been through we are here and this is going to be the sticky beans for us!!

May 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jess, I have felt the same way when someone experiences a loss in the DDC. It is tough but it has gotten a little easier since starting the second trimester.

May 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Awww.Jess...I'm sorry that you are feeling this way....I hope that time goes by quickly and your appt comes and you feel better. Don't worry about he symptoms...They will come and go and come and go.....My Bbs stopped hurting when I stopped my shots, but now they are starting to hurt again...the nausea comes and goes in spurts....I know it's hard, but try not to think too much about it...don't stress yourself....think positive!!!!!!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
May 12th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) ladies

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
May 13th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to what everyone else has said. It is normal to worry but seeing the losses on the DDC definitely makes you worry more each time it happens. The only thing I can offer in that respect is maybe don't visit the ddc for a while if it makes you feel more apprehensive?
I am glad you have another appt soon.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, girls!

May 13th, 2009, 07:51 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you are so worried, Jess. Like everyone else has said, it is normal and will get better. I felt the very same way with my DDC. Awhile back, before we got our grads section, I mentioned that I was overwhelmed by my DDC. All of the early losses were a big part of that (and the huge number of posts/day) and I finally decided to cut back on the amount of time I spent there. Just like Lenore said, the stats were in keeping with the normal population, but when you are in such a sensitive spot, every loss that you come across really stands out. It is kinda like when you are TTC and feel like all you see are pregnant women and babies! Just stay positive and surround yourself with positive people and thoughts. We're here for you and we're in this together, girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search