First Appt with u/s pic

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Went to my first appointment yesterday. I've only gained a pound so I feel pretty good about that (I was in at 3 weeks, before we found out we were pg and it's only up a pound). After palpating my uterus she said I feel more like 11-12 weeks.....which is impossible, so she said maybe it's the position of my uterus. If it's sitting funny that could explain why even wearing a bella band my clothes don't really fit. If I'd gained more weight then I could understand the clothes thing, but I haven't so I'm thinking that may explain it. She knew I've been really nervous so she did a quick u/s....she didn't record it so she doesn't need to charge us for it....just doing it for reasurrance. She also didn't measure the heartrate, but said it looked nice and strong. Also got my goodie bags which had some samples (I haven't looked thru the whole thing yet, had to finish my May challenge project ). I saw two samples of Similac and it came with a small diaper bag and a toiletry bag that hangs on a door and an insulated bag with two ice bags for bottles. Besides a bunch of information and other things, I haven't really check it out much. I am feeling waaaaay better now....even tho I still don't have very many pg symptoms I'm actually feeling pretty good about being pg and that things are progressing good. We are going in on the 4th for our NT scan. The u/s pics we got this time aren't as good this time because she was zoomed in pretty good and it was an older machine, but you can see arms and legs now. Sorry it's so hard to see.....if you step away from your computer it's easier to see (or squint)

May 20th, 2009, 01:40 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
How Awesome!!!
Im still just soo happy for you!!

May 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bb Cowgirl
Jessica i'm so glad everything went ok - i was a little worried when i didn't see an update from you yesterday! Yay for a happy, healthy little one...did they give you a hb measurement this time or no? I'm DYING for another u/s (i think i may get one at the Perinatologist appt tomorrow) and my OB won't do another one until 20 weeks!!

I don't know how you felt, but the pregnancy felt a lot more real to me after my appt yesterday...i guess it's getting that reassurance that everything is going ok

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 20th, 2009, 02:36 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jess, that is great news! So awesome that you were able to get a "peace of mind" u/s and they won't even charge you for it! Glad everything is going well for you! Like Sam said, I'm still so happy for you!

May 20th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It does feel way more real....and I am so glad for that. They didn't do any measurements yesterday. Since I had just had an u/s a week and a half ago, she said it wasn't necessary to do a "complete u/s" so she just showed us a little bit after she did my exam to reassure us that everything was ok. I'm sure the picture could have been cleaner if I had a full bladder, but she had me empty it for my exam. I'm sure we'll see a h/b again on the 4th (12 weeks) when they do the NT scan. And by the time I have my next appointment on the 15th we should be able to hear the h/b on doppler since I'll be 13w4d at that point. Other than that, my doc won't do another one until 20 weeks either. I dropped a little seed with DH about maybe getting a doppler, so we'll see.

May 20th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful!!
May 21st, 2009, 03:24 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know I"m so happy for you sweetie!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I see that little cutie perfectly! Congratulations! That is soooo exciting. And, the upcoming NT scan will be absolutely amazing. You'll be totally and thoroughly in AWE! (not that we aren't already in awe by the whole miracle of life thing...) I'm so glad you had a great appointment and I can't wait to hear more! Take care!

May 21st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats - another great appointment! 10 weeks already - that seems to have gone fast (though maybe not for you!)..

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Veteran
Jessica, I'm sorry I missed this before now! I'm glad to hear everything is going well and you got to see Baby Bean. That's so exciting! And the best part is you can relax now.

~Nancy

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain
May 22nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about relaxing.....but I am getting better.

May 22nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there! Just stoping by to see how things are going. How have you been feeling? Also don't worry about your uterus measuring larger...at my last appointment I was 26 weeks exactly and was measuring as if I were 33 weeks!!! I was shocked! My midwife said it's probably just extra fluid but I'm hoping they'll do another ultrasound after my next appointment to double check. I can't believe you're already 10 weeks!!! Yay!!!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search