Would YOU call the doctor???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 06:12 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, girls. This is embarassing, but I really don't know what to do. The last 3 times that DH and I have BD'd (well, you know, with the B already taken care of ), I have had tremendous pain and pressure down there. I start to swell "down there" too and then the pain extends down my left leg. I'm pretty much out of commission for hours and hours after dtd and can't spend much time on my feet without a lot of pain and discomfort. I should add that I have been dealing with daily aches in my left groin and hip and get occasional sciatica. I attribute it to both the baby being extremely LOW and mega separation of my pelvic bones. I had the discomfort with each of my boys, but this has begun much earlier and is more intense. Anyway, my solution is not to BD, but of course DH doesn't like that option. I have a doctor's appointment in a week and a half, but the doc is out of the office and I will be seeing his nurse practitioner. Should I call now and have them talk to the doc or just wait and talk to the nurse in person? What would you do?

May 22nd, 2009, 06:24 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'd call the dr. It may just be the same discomfort that you had with your other pregnancies and has just worsened, but you should not be living in pain!

May 22nd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would call the doctor too. It may be earlier because it's not your 1st and because you are carrying different than you did the boys. Also, maybe try a different position next time. And, you did say something here awhile back about waddling already....maybe you just need an adjustment.

May 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'd call the doctor just because you shouldn't be in so much pain...so maybe there's something they can do? HUGS i hope you feel better...doesn't sound like fun

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
smilanatu's Avatar Mommy X3
Yes I would also call the doctor...AND tell DH to lighten up

He who has hope has everything
May 27th, 2009, 07:13 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you decide to call the Doc? If so what did they say?

I think finding a different position would be best if you want to continue have some bed fun.

May 27th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Yes! I did call. Sorry, I have been having trouble logging on to JM. Basically, it can be chalked up to it being my third pregnancy and the baby's positioning. We just need to "modify" things in the bedroom department. I'm supposed to stay laying down for awhile after the fact to allow blood flow to return to "normal." Also, I've found that sleeping on my right side instead of my left at night really seems to help ease the pain in my left hip. I'm going to my chiropractor on Friday for an adjustment. That always seems to help and I convinced DH that I need to start going more than once a month. Maybe that'll help! Thanks for all of your urging!

May 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's what we're here for! I love the comment about getting blood flow "back to normal"

May 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, and what exactly is normal?

May 27th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad that you've hopefully got it sorted! I got the aching groin with my first pregnancy - when I had it I couldn't walk straight - if I bent over to walk instead it would go away but I looked like an idiot - thankfully it didn't last long - but yours being daily doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! That sounds painful. I was trying to post a few days ago, but I was having some JM issues too. I really hope you're feeling better. I am also having the groin pain and other pains earlier with this PG. The OB said that it's because this is my 4th and I'm carrying really low. I'm glad you called the doc. And, "getting the bloodflow back to normal"? Hmmmm. yeah. What does that mean? Just lay there and find out, I guess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search