Weekly updates - 01/17 - 01/23

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2010, 10:14 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Happy Monday ladies! I hope you all are doing well today & had a good weekend. DH & I are relaxing at home as today is a holiday from work. Yay!! I had my doc appt on Friday with both the regular OB and my peri. They both went well, and thankfully we didn't have to wait long for either one. Heartrate was 147 and then 156, so much for that wives tale of fast heartrate = girl. I've gained a total of 9 pounds so far for this pg and everything was looking good. Little Mark is estimated at 1 pound 6 oz, and he's definitely still a boy (as if there was any doubt from December's u/s. and most importantly the cysts on his brain were all gone. Yay!!! When I go back in 4 weeks, it'll be time to take the glucola drink test again. Yuck! With being at higher risk for gestational diabetes, I expected to be tested more then once, and it's time again. I also see the peri back again in 4 weeks for a growth scan just to make sure little Mark is still growing as scheduled. We've set up the appts on the same day right after each other and before we head down to Williamsburg for our mini vacation on Fri Feb 12th.

Here's some of the u/s from Friday - so cute! I'll probably have DH take another belly pic of me later today as it's been a few weeks.

Our flexible LO. Yes, that's his leg over his head.

always adorable - the side profile pic.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 18th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, that's wonderful news about the cysts being gone! Even though the docs tell you not to worry, the mother in you can't help but worry about your LO. I love seeing those profile pics.

AFM - I got the results from my amnio back and everything is normal. What a relief! They also confirmed that she is definately a girl! I know this pregnancy was a shock to my hubby and I, but I gotta say that I am so excited about adding a new LO to our family! I am 19 weeks now and feeling great!

January 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky ~ Glad that the cysts are gone. Can't wait to see an updated belly pic.

Tonya ~ Glad the amnio came back normal.

AFM ~ Last night was the worst one Katie has had since Christmas (the last day she was with MIL prior to yesterday). . . hmmm. . . wonder if being around the insanity gets on Katie's nerves. I know that it irks me to no end to be stuck with people who are. . . um. . . well, certifiable. I was trying to come up with a nice way of saying it but I couldn't. Bad Beth.

January 18th, 2010, 05:12 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Tonya...yeah for great results and congrats on the girl!!!

Becky - nice that both appts went well and you get to relax with DH today....

Beth - sorry that Katie had a rough night....

AFM - 1st day back to work today. Only called one time to check on him....1st day with the new boss. That went well. She's nice and is going to be a good addition to our store....Now
I can't wait for Thursday so I can spend the whole day with Matt!!!!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
January 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky- glad the cysts are gone, what a relief! Glad you are feeling well.

Tonya- yeah for a great amnio and yeah for still being a girl!

Beth- Sorry Katie had a rough night. I do think that our moods affect babies. They are smarter than we give them credit for. Hope it gets better today.

Casey-Hope your first day back went smoothly. I'm glad your new boss is someone nice, that makes a huge difference.

AFM-I have an appointment tomorrow and hopefully will have no news to share! Everything seems to be sailing along pretty smoothly. I am a little nervous about weight gain, but haven't been overeating, just feeling like it's finding me. I am about 22 1/2 weeks, it's hard to believe! I'll update on my appointment.

Hope everyone has a good day.

January 18th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love these weekly updates!

I'm exhausted, one of the twins should be up for another feed, then hopefully all 4 of them will sleep all night! Swimming lessons at 0840 in the morning for Nolan and Elizabeth!

Lucky mother to five!

January 19th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky that's fantastic news about the cysts disappearing !
You have a little gymnast there with his legs straight up over his head!

Congrats again Tonya on your little girl! I'm glad you're feeling excited

Hope Katie has a better night for you tonight Beth.

Are you working part-time Casey? You did well to only call your carer once!

Mari from your photo in your siggy you look very thin so I'm sure your weight gain will be just fine!

Marie you'll have to update how the swimming lessons go for Nolan and Elizabeth!

AFM, not much to report. My acid reflux is pretty bad and heartburn starting to flare up too. we went to Australia Zoo on Sunday (owned by the late Steve Irwin - it is about 40 min drive from us). It was hot and humid all day. We were there at 9am and by 2.30pm I said to dh I can't walk around like this for much longer. I was happy to sit in the shade somewhere while he took the boys off but actually, he was feeling drained by the heat too so we came home! A cool shower and sitting outside with the afternoon breeze starting up helped revive me a bit .

Have to remember to do my glucose test by next Monday or so, so the results are ready for my ob appt next friday. 27 weeks today...I always get excited when I get to 28 weeks!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
January 19th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Tonya - congrats again sweetie for getting wonderful results from your amnio & you still having your little princess!!

Beth - I agree to that LOs have a way of picking up on our moods & feelings. I'm sure little Katie will be back to normal (and sleeping much better) the longer she's away from MIL.

Casey - I'm so happy you like your new boss. That'll make things much easier. And yay for only calling once to check on Matthew. I'm sure I would have called more times then that.

Mari - I hope your appt goes well today & I'm sure you're fine with your weight gain. I was nervous to, as my belly seems to have popped alot in this past month. And I've not been overeating either. And yay for being 22 1/2 weeks along. Our pregnancies do seem to be flying by.

Marie - I love these weekly updates too. Good luck today with the swimming lessons & I can't wait to hear more updates.

Lenore - yep, I think we have a future gymnast here to. And at least that explains the kicks I get all over my belly right now. The Zoo sounds like fun, but I'm sorry it was so hot & humid. I'm glad you took it easy the rest of the day. And I'm so sorry your acid reflux is so bad. I was just saying to my DH this morning that mine has finally eased, I guess do to Mark switching to head down. Good luck with your glucose drink. What flavor are you drinking? I chose fruit punch again as it tastes a little better then the orange flavor.

Thanks ladies for the compliments!! It's always so much fun to see our LO on that screen and watch him move around. and yes, we are so thankful those cysts were gone. We do trust the doc, but were so happy when the tech scanned the brain area right away and we could see they were gone. I'm back at work today and expect another busy one, so may not have a chance to pop back online. I'll try though. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

January 19th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum74 View Post
Are you working part-time Casey? You did well to only call your carer once!
I wish I could go p/t....but money rules out over this and my insurance would be different if I did that too...until DH finds a permanent job, I'm stuck working FT.....Off to day 2....atleast he is home with DH today (job gave him another unpaid day off)

casey cochran melanson
January 19th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyM View Post
I wish I could go p/t....but money rules out over this and my insurance would be different if I did that too...until DH finds a permanent job, I'm stuck working FT.....Off to day 2....atleast he is home with DH today (job gave him another unpaid day off)
Fair enough. I just wasn't sure as you were hanging out for Thursday to spend with Matt so i thought maybe....

Becky I never remember having a choice of drink flavour before!! They just give a plain drink that tastes like lemonade but with far too much sugar in it . I mean I know that's the point but I struggle to drink it all without retching!

Have a good day/night everyone!

January 19th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I honestly don't know why everyone is so worried about drinking the glucose test drink. I gulped it and it tasted like flat orange soda....maybe it's because I was used to drinking orange soda, but I had no problem....but my sisters both did...lol

Lenore...Thursday are my regular day off.

casey cochran melanson
January 19th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hi ladies! Swimming lessons were a success! This is Nolan's first unparented lesson, and he did so well! We were so proud of him! And I think today was Elizabeth's first time in a pool, she couldn't even blow bubbles-how sad But with lots of encouragement by me, she was kicking and flailing by the end of the 40 minute class! Four kids within 29 months is alot, its exhausting and a bit stressful, thank goodness for antidepressants, lol!

Lucky mother to five!

January 19th, 2010, 08:48 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
Hi ladies! Swimming lessons were a success! This is Nolan's first unparented lesson, and he did so well! We were so proud of him! And I think today was Elizabeth's first time in a pool, she couldn't even blow bubbles-how sad But with lots of encouragement by me, she was kicking and flailing by the end of the 40 minute class! Four kids within 29 months is alot, its exhausting and a bit stressful, thank goodness for antidepressants, lol!
Simply amazing, Marie! Your family is so awesome -I was just telling DH your story -so inspiring!

Just wanted to jump on really quickly and say hello. I'm thinking of you all -things are hectic around here. All 3 of my boys are very sick. Carson is scaring me the most. I keep checking him to make sure that his lungs are clear. Tomorrow we are going to the doctor. Gee, I wish they offered group rates!

Everyone seems to be moving along so quickly in their pregnancies (not sure if you all would agree)! Becky, I'm so so glad that everything turned out ok with the cysts! Mark's pics are absolutely perfect!

Tonya - that is great news about the amnio! I'm sure that you are so glad to have that all behind you. Congrats on team pink!

Lenore - sorry to hear that the reflux is still getting you. Wow, 28 weeks soon! That's wonderful!

Mari - hope that your appointment goes well!

Casey - glad to hear that going back to work is going smoothly. How are you feeling?

Beth - I'm sorry that Katie had a rough night! Hope she has a better one soon (if not already)!

January 20th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Marie - I'm so happy things are going so well. And yay for Nolen's lesson being a great success & I'm glad Elizabeth got comfortable quickly with the water. I'm sure you're exhausted, but loving having all of them.

Heather - big huggies sweetie!!! sickies are never fun, especially not when it's all 3 of your boys. I hope they all feel better soon & update us when you can.

Casey - I understand about the full-time & insurance bit. With DH & I, it's a similar situation and also that I make the higher income at this point too. So it'll be back to work full-time after little Mark arrives for me to. And with the test, I've been tested off & on for diabetes since teenage years, so I've had the yucky drink test a few times before. I don't look forward to it, but do appreciate the different flavors now.

Happy Hump Day ladies! I hope you all are doing well today. I feel a little cranky this morning as I didn't sleep that well, so hopefully by having my door pulled partly closed my coworkers will give me a break for a few hours. Perhaps the tea will help some to. wish me luck on that, as it's been crazy here lately.

January 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Hi ladies!
Sorry I have been MIA, been pretty busy around here with my little man.

He ended up being slightly jaundice, but his bili number is back down now. Just trying to get him as much sun as I can with all this icky weather.

We went and got the paperwork for his daycare this week, I am going to start him there the week before I go back to work so we can build up time. I just don't think I can do 9 hours right off the bat. But will also give me time to get my doctor appointments in before I go back, and won't have to expose him to the doctors offices. Just so depressing even thinking about going back to work! I still have a month, but I'm sure it will fly by.

January 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I don't know how you girls do it, going back to work after 6 or 12 weeks, I mean-I could barely leave Nolan when he was one to go back three days a week-and now I'll only go back in May when DH is on days off. I guess if I had to, I could do it too.

4 kids is alot, it hasn't been a good mental day for me

Lucky mother to five!

January 21st, 2010, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wish I could comment on you all. Hugs to everyone and hope you are doing well.

Marie, just wanted to send you a special hug. My last 4 are all 3 and under so I do understand. I just did the math and when this one is born, I will have 4 of them under 3. I didn't know that was possible without twins, but we are very very blessed. We have 3 right now in diapers, but when this one comes we will be back up to 4. It's almost like 4 are a tipping point for me, hehe. We also use cloth and in the winter gets overwhelming trying to dry a load a day. I can't wait for summer and than we can line dry, my favorite! Sorry to make this about me, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and that I'm thinking of you. God sent you these special little ones for a reason my dear, you CAN do it! You are a great Mama! Many hugs to you.

I'll try adn get back on later and update on my appoinment. Plus I have a personal prayer requestfor you ladies. Hope you all have a great day! We are getting freezing rain.......

January 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Awww, thanks Mari It hasn't helped that DH has been home for four days, he's good at messing up our routine. Its hard to feel like a good mom sometimes, I have to raise my voice to the toddlers who won't hear me, dh says its yelling, then I feel even worse. But somebody has to be in control other than the kids-and I'm not a yeller, I try all of the soft-voiced patient things first of course, but on the tenth time of telling Nolan to stop pulling Elizabeth around by her hair, I'm exasperated! Dh went back to work today, I made him take the two kids to swimming, and he can take them for the three classes next week. Today's already been much better-soon three of them will go down for a nap, then Nolan and I can have a much-needed snuggle. Have a good appt!

Lucky mother to five!

January 21st, 2010, 11:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, not that it helps when they're this age, but I went to see a child psychologist speak and she said that kids get to know your limits pretty fast... for example they know they can ignore you and ignore you and then.....oh mom's shouting, NOW I know it's time I have to do what she says!!

It made so much sense to me when she said it, however it's hard to put it into practice and I still end up asking nicely, asking nicely until eventually the voice gets louder and someone listens....sigh...!!!!!!

I hope your day gets better. Having four little ones and especially not knowing what Elizabeth is used to re. following what you ask and discipline etc, would be particularly hard to try to have her fit into your routine.

Mari I don't know how you do it!

Sam good luck with registering for daycares.

January 22nd, 2010, 08:34 AM
so do I just skip the nice part and save myself some frustration, lol?

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search