Weekly Updates - 01/24 - 01/30

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Sorry, I'm late in posting this thread this week. Been busy already and it's only Tuesday. I was out of the office all day yesterday, and hoping today is much quieter. We had a good weekend, were able to get together with some friends on Saturday. That was a lot of fun. We went to a local park and walked some trails. Other then needing to take extra breaks, I didn't have too many problems. We did have one funny moment where I showed how "graceful" I can be. I was clumsy before getting pg, so I can't blame this on little Mark. Instead of walking uphill on one of the trails, the park ranger had suggested we just walk up the road since it was closed to vehicle traffic and he thought it may be better for me to watch my footing on. On the way up there, we ducked under the gate and had no problems. On the way back though, when I bent down to go under the gate I lost my balance and ended up sitting down. I was almost on the ground anyway, so it wasn't really a fall, but it was still embarrassing. And then trying to get back up, that was even worse. I felt like a beached whale. I can only imagine how this is just going to get worse.

Tony took a quick pic last night with the cell phone, so here's this week's belly pic. He had me laughing again (he's such a goofball). I've noticed that when I'm wearing actual maternity clothes, I look bigger. Is that how it is or was with you ladies too?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 26th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There were a couple of shirts I had that were cut in such a way that I looked like Shamu. Sorry you had a spill, but glad that you and Mark are okay. Your belly pic is so cute!

AFM, Katie and I have doctor's appointments next week. We have a glitch with the insurance. The company says that Katie has insurance, we have been paying for Katie's insurance but the insurance company says that Katie does not have insurance. Mike is checking with HR at his job today to see what the problem is so they can get it straightened out. We are moving to NC on 2/15. I talked to Walmart yesterday and told them I would not be coming back from my maternity leave.

January 26th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah Beth! I'm thrilled that you are not going back, I assume you are staying home with Katie? That would be wonderful. She will grow so fast, as you know, enjoy every minute!

Becky-cute picture!

Me, doing fine. Crusing along at 23 weeks or so. Not much new to report. I feel like I'm past some of the worry stage about miscarriage, and not to big yet to be uncomfortable. This is a nice time.

Hope everyone is well.

January 26th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You look great Becky! I can imagine your dh will get good mileage out of you ending up sitting down going under the gate! I think the type of shirts definitely make a difference - I've got some more fitted ones and tummy looks different compared to the looser flowing onces I've got.

Beth hope you get Katie's insurance worked out. Very annoying when things like that happen. With my health insurance, the baby is covered as soon as it's born..I think I just have to ring up within six months to tell them the baby's name and date of birth.

Mari - Glad you're feeling good for 23 weeks! I think i was feeling good at that point too - before the tummy starts to get in the way of doing things etc

AFM, all good. Baby moving a lot and with less than 3 months to go I'm starting to feel very excited.

I got all my newborn baby clothes back from my brother and SIL at Christmas (my niece is 6 months old now) and the boys and I unpacked the big box on the weekend and put it into drawers. (I will get it out to wash again at a later date but we just didn't have the room to store the huge box as another brother and family might be staying with us this week so need to clear some room!). The boys were really excited to be helping put away little singlets etc..

Have a good week everyone!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
January 26th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sweet little baby belly!

We got a call last night from Elizabeth's grandparents asking if we'd be willing to adopt her-wow!

Lucky mother to five!

January 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow Marie... I guess you knew it was on the cards but WOW...

How has she been settling in with you?

also forgot to say, my big day for the week today as my eldest ds starts kindy today (the year before school). He is excited but a bit scared... I'm feeling nervous myself!!

January 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congras Marie!!!! What a blessing!

Lenore- How exciting unpacking. Hope your DS has a good time, and that mama does well.

January 26th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Awww Lenore, I'd be sad too, but so proud!

She's settled in just fine, eating and sleeping well, she and Nolan still like to scrap for attention and toys, but its nice and smooth now

Lucky mother to five!

January 26th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad that Elizabeth is settling in well Marie. I think I'd find it so different to suddenly have a girl in the mix of 'boy town'!!

Oliver has already finished his first kindy day (they only did a half day to settle the kids in).

He rang Dad at work and told him matter of factly that 'I didn't make any friends' - he wasn't sad about it or anything though so that was alright (and mostly the children played independently and after the parents left they would have had group time getting to know names etc...so the friendships will come soon enough!). And most importantly he said he had 'loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of fun!'

I did feel sad which is silly as he was going to daycare 3 days a week while I worked but this feels different... I guess being that this is getting him ready for SCHOOL!!!

I should go and update his ticker too...it never clicked over once he turned 4 back in July!

January 27th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the compliments ladies! I am enjoying my baby belly!!

Marie - WOW!!! I'm so happy for you sweetie! You were thinking this may happen, but to actually have it said out loud must have been amazing.

Mari - so happy you're feeling so wonderful!! I too feel so much more comfortable right now, past the main worry stage and not that big yet.

Beth - yay for telling Walmart you are not returning. That had to have felt good, didn't it? I hope you get Katie's insurance figured out soon. That's a pain to deal with. My insurance covers Mark immediately, but I have to call them within 30 or 60 days with the information of his birth.

Lenore - yep, DH has LOTS of fun talking about my "gracefullness" on Saturday. He's such a goofball. So happy your little one is moving lots. I'm loving those movements. And only 3 months left - wow, time is flying!!! Congrats on your elder son. I know it must be sad too, as he's growing up. I'm sure he's going to love it and make lots of friends when the kids start to settle in more.

I don't have much to update for today, just that I expect another busy day. Today we'll be sending out the Intent to RIF letters to all my drivers. 630 of them. This is to notify them that we MAY have a RIF (reduction in force) in their job classification and gives them instruction on what they need to do, how to get more information, etc. This also will open up the possibility of some of the long termers to get retirement offers, and any of them can start applying for other positions in the government that are the same grade or lower and they have priority rights to the position. Unfortunately there are not that many jobs they qualify for, but we'll see what we can do. I've also been pushing thru alot of termination actions to clear up the deadwood (as I call them) and free up as many vacancies as I can to keep as many drivers as I can. It's exhausting, stressful, but has to be done. Right now the proposal is to cut 50ish positions. By the time my terminations (hopefully) go thru, I should have 20ish vacancies so I'm still looking at cutting 30 people. Ouch! The council has final say on the number of cuts, and they're to have their decision made by Feb 11th so until then, we're all in limbo. Please keep your crossables crossed that they restore some of the proposed cuts and I can keep as many drivers working as possible. Thanks ladies!!!

January 27th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cross my fingers for the drivers and hope things work out to not be too stressful for you. I have never been in the situation to receive a letter like that but it must be awful to be on either side of it..

January 27th, 2010, 03:38 AM
It is awful on both sides here. I've been with the government for almost 13 years, and have gone thru several RIF situations. This is the first time (last July and now) that I've never been able to place people and had to actually terminate some. Before, we always were able to place pretty much everyone who wanted a job. Today though, this economy makes it much much harder and they're simply aren't enough jobs. The drivers have been okay about it so far, they're worried obviously, but have not taken their frustration out on me. I guess being pg helps with that to, as they're all very considerate of me for that. It's still difficult though and I really hate this part of my job. . .

January 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good afternoon! Hope that everyone is doing well.
Marie ~ So glad you are getting to adopt Elizabeth.
Lenore~ How did your DS like school?
Mari~ Delighted that you are doing so well.
Becky~ Sorry that you are having to deal with the work stuff.

AFM~ It was a glitch where she has been insured since day 1 but someone in the main insurance office made an oops so HR at DH's work said that it would be fixed today and that would lower the amount we owe doctors and hospitals for Katie and my medical expenses. I am scared about not having a job, but I am stepping out on faith and I know that the move is best for our family and things are going to work out.

January 28th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beth, Oliver loved his day at kindy. They are staggering the starts so he has only one day next week before moving to his 3 days a week... I think he's going to really enjoy it! Because of his birth date, he missed the cutoff for starting school this year by five days so I think he will enjoy the stimulation of something new (school just started for the year this week in Australia).

How exciting that you will be moving back with your family soon! Was your dh able to transfer with his job? It would be a bit scary not having a job but on the other hand, Katie will be happy you're home for a bit longer!

Last edited by mum74; January 30th, 2010 at 02:57 AM.
January 30th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Updated to add a photo.. 28wks 4 days.. didn't clean the mirror this time!!!

January 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Lenore, you look adorable!! (even without cleaning your mirror )

Beth - so glad you got the insurance glitch figured out. That is always frustrating. And I'm so thrilled you're moving closer to family!! It won't be that long now.

January 31st, 2010, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, ladies, I have to add this. I meant to last night but I am sharing the laptop with DH right now and he was playing games on FB. Anyhow, Katie is definitely in the oral stage already. I had the hippo lowered down from the top of the pack n play mobile thing so she could touch it with her hands. . . well, my DD was having none of that touching only stuff. She lifted her head up a little and tried to get the whole stuffed animal thing in her mouth. I got it away from her really quick but still had to laugh because it was like one of those nature shows where the croc pops it head up out of the water and grabs the unsuspecting prey.

January 31st, 2010, 07:44 PM
sweet little katie!
We knew it was time to retire the Rainforest swing when Theo could sit upright in it and chew on the mobile

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search