Weekly Updates - 01/31 - 02/06

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2010, 03:44 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Wow! It's hard to believe it's February already. I hope you all are doing wonderful on this Monday. It's a chilly morning here today, 9 degrees when we left the house. It's nice & quiet here at work so far today, but that's cause I'm the only one on the floor right now. So I know that won't last. Little Mark is moving lots, and him & the kitty had a pushing contest Saturday night. It was so funny. Precious got cold so she got under the covers with us and then proceeded to curl up next to my tummy. She head butts my tummy and then starts kneading it. Mark starts moving around, and she stops. So he stops to. Then she pushes my tummy again with her paw, and he immediately kicks. They kept doing that for several minutes until I told them both to stop as Mama needed some sleep. It was so funny. So now when Precious jumps on the bed, she immediately head butts my tummy. I guess this is a new game to her for now, wonder how she'll feel when he's out of my tummy and chasing her around.

I don't have any appointments to report on this week, as they are both next Friday (Feb 12th) right before we head down to Williamsburg. I'll have DH take another belly pic and get that posted - going to try to do them weekly now. Hard to believe I'm over 26 weeks now. Time is flying by!! Got the date set for my baby shower with the family/friends, Saturday March 6th. 2 of my friends are throwing it for me, but it'll be in my area as they both live further out (1 in a different state) and they wanted to make it more convenient for me. They're so sweet. We had fun working on some invites, making them ourselves, and I really like how they're turning out. Here's the 1st draft. We're not entirely thrilled with the ribbon, but like how the rest looks. Simple & Sweet.

My co-worker at work is throwing one too, so Mark will be doubly blessed with 2 showers. Wow!! I think that one will be later March here at work. I guess DH & I need to actually register for some gifts as they all keep asking us. We just haven't done it yet, being lazy. But little Mark will be here in only a few months, so I guess we need to start preparing. All the choices though in cribs, car seats, etc. is a bit overwhelming. There's so many brands out there. Any suggestions on what to register for? It was hard enough when we were pressured into a wedding registry as we didn't really need anything then. Now we know we'll need things for a baby, but where do we start? and what do we start with? What things are appropriate for a baby registry? Help, please!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 1st, 2010, 05:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky ~ I am chuckling at the mental image of Precious and Mark in a shoving contest with Mommy as the barrier between them. . . for now.

AFM ~ We have a busy week ahead. Today, Katie and I have appointments at the doctor. I will post an update on Katie after we get home. Mike has insisted that I ask the doctor about Yaz (what the gyno prescribed for birth control) because of the commercials on tv. I am also supposed to find out if I have to continue with bp meds or not. I have one pill left in the bottle so good thing I got the appt. today. We are going to spend the rest of the week packing up stuff that won't be used in the next few weeks. Mike changed the date we are moving to the day before Valentine's Day. He said we will take Katie over to SEE his mom on Sunday the 7th to say goodbye. I know I am a complete but I told him that since she won't travel 12 minutes to see her granddaughter, I don't feel the least bit bad moving 12 hours away from her and made him promise that at the first sign of MIL acting like the crazy old bat that I know she is. . . we are out of there IMMEDIATELY. My mom (bless her heart) is going to stay here while we make this trek to the Mad Hatter's (keep coming up with horrid nicknames for MIL, but since she said Katie was acting like a B(*&^ the other day, I am not feeling very Christian in regards to her). Oh well, this was supposed to be a short little thing not a rant. . . oops, Sorry, y'all.
Hope everyone has a great day.

February 1st, 2010, 06:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, I like the invitations! I am afraid I won't be much help with the registry. I had my sister fill mine out for me since she just had a baby a year ago and she knew what I would be needing most. I just went and tweaked it a little after she finished.

AFM, I failed my glucost test last week and so this Wednesday I have to go for the 3 hour test. I am really hoping and praying that I pass this time and won't have gestational diabetes. I know of some who have to go on insulin and some who have been able to control with diet so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

February 1st, 2010, 10:08 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beth I am in shock she said Katie was acting like that. Holy Wow. I hope you have a safe move.

Becky, have fun in williamsburg.

Tonya I am sorry you failed the glucose test.

February 1st, 2010, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky~ I forgot to mention that I love the invitations.

Tonya ~ I failed my first one hour glucose test and had to do a three hour one the next week, which I passed. The one in the latter part of the pregnancy came back clear though. Hopefully you will pass the three hour one.

Stacey ~ Thanks for the well wishes. This gray, dismal weather is getting to me and having MIL to deal with has not made things any easier. I have an awesome support system in NC so I will be able to be a better mommy to Katie.

Update from the doctor's appointment this morning:
They are weaning me off the bp meds over the next two weeks. The doctor did not want me to go cold turkey so he has me stepping down the dosage every couple of days.
In regards to Katie, she is 12 lb 8 oz and 21 1/2 inches long, which puts her in the 75th percentile for her age. Her head circumference is 16 inches which puts her in the 90th percentile. She is growing perfectly and had her first mega set of vaccinations today: second Hep B, Polio, Pneumococcal Disease, Rotavirus, Hib, Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis. It consisted of one oral and three injections. She cried, I cried, DH got teary eyed and we have to go through them again at 4 and 6 months (although Hep B won't come about again until 6 months).

February 1st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Tonya - sorry you failed the 1 hour. I'll keep my crossables crossed that you pass the 3 hour with no problems.

Beth - glad your & Katie's appts went well. She's growing so fast. I'm so very happy you're moving closer to your family and away from your MIL. She is a piece of work, and the distance will make it much easier to deal with her.

Stacey - always good to see you sweetie!! I hope TTC is going well for you & I can't wait to see BFP news from you!!!

This day has been pretty good overall. My co-worker & I just completed a big project, and have a little breathing room for now. Hopefully the remainder of this week will be quieter then the past few weeks.

February 1st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everybody! Sorry I've been so MIA, but it's been quite hectic around our house over the last month or so. I did finally do an update and feel horrible that it's been so long since I've been able to visit my JM girls. DH has his shoulder surgery on Tuesday and he is extremely sore (and a little cranky to boot). He's not supposed to move his arm so I'm basically playing "single parent". We have figured out a way for him to feed Jaylen, but I have to be there to help move her around and get her burped. Hopefully he'll be able to have a little bit more movement in the next few weeks. As for Jaylen, she's growing like crazy! We "rough" weighed her yesterday and she's already 8 pounds! DH took a tape measure out and tried to measure our squirmy lil Bug several days ago and she was about 22" long....I'm thinking she's gonna be on the taller side. I've noticed that some of her NB onsies aren't fitting very well anymore . AFM, I'm doing ok....my hands aren't quite back to normal, but waaaaay better than they were, I "think" I've got a sprained (or strained or bruised) wrist - great, more hand issues, and I've got my 6wk pp doc appt tomorrow. I'm catching up with work, but still have a lot to do between work, housework, scrapping (still haven't finished Jaylen's announcements) and the nursery (no, that's still not done either...functional, but not done).

Becky, I think the announcements are great! I too was laughing about the mental picture I was getting with Precious and Mark acting like siblings already!

Beth, I'm glad that you're getting away from MIL and moving back to NC where you've got what sounds like an awesome support system. Great news on the doc appointments as well!!

Tonya, I'm sorry about the 1 hour test Keep positive thoughts about the 3 hour test!

Hi, Stacey! Hope all is well for you and the family!

February 1st, 2010, 04:38 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mylo and Nolan used to play similar games, too cute Becky!

I'm so glad you're moving Beth, how exciting for you!

Tonya-hope you pass your 3 hour, I was on insulin 4x a day with Nolan, but each mom is different.

Jessica-nice to see an update! I think of you often!

Who have I missed, I'm trying!

AFM, its insane with four, lol! Here's a bit of what we've been doing lately

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
February 1st, 2010, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, I smile everytime I see your siggy. What a difference from TTC to having 4 little ones! I'm so proud of you for hanging in there. Some days have to be rough. I love the pictures.

Becky, love the cat story. I'm a cat lover too.

Beth, ditto to everyone else. Hopefully moving goes smooth

Our dear Jessica, so glad to see you back! I'm glad your hands are improving, but I was hoping they would be back to normal after delivery. Sorry Paul is having pain in his shoulder, what a bummer. It's amazing the difference in how men and woman deal with pain isn't it? Let me see, you had a c-section, recovering from pg, bfing (I'm pretty sure), working, do we need ee

February 1st, 2010, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, my computer kicked me off, and is now giving me a hard time.

Back to Jess, how men and women handle pain is so different! I hope things get better.

I have to give up on my computer, I'll try later

February 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Just wanted to pop on and say hello really quick. Haven't been around for a little while because we had to blow out the computer because there was a worm on it....
Don't have time to mention everyone as the PM sudafed is kicking in quickly...here's the update for us....

We are all sick. DH gave Matt a cold then one of them gave it to me. Of course I think I got the worst of it, but Matt isn't doing that great either. We ended up at the docs today because he has had a temp shift from 98.5-99.5 up and down since about Wed. He's spitting up alot when he eats and is spitting up clear too (phlem I think). He's very stuffy and is starting to really cough now too. Last night he went over 14 hours between feedings, so that worried me. Then his BM this morning was a color that we have never seen with him, so we took him in. He is fine just dealing with a bad cold. But the good news is he is now 10 lbs 12oz. I think by his 4 month appt he might have doubled in weight since birth. That's what we are thinking...12lbs atleast....So now we are just all trying to get better because we have a house full coming up for the Super Bowl....Everyone have a great week!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
February 2nd, 2010, 02:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Phew, just finished reading all the updates - that's what happens when I don't keep up!!

Don't have time to comment now..

all well with me, 29 weeks today. some round ligament pain today when walking so hopefully that doesn't stick around. but all in all, no complaints..doing well!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
February 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Hi ladies!
Sorry i have been mia too. been busy running around with cj. (pardon the bad typing i 'm one handed-nak)
cj went back in yesterday to redo the hearing test he failed at the hospital, he passed with flying colors!!
been keeping a low profile lately, dealing with a small amount of ppd, working through it, have to keep it from dh cause it would freak him out. but have dealt with depression before, and this isn't too bad.

did get our newborn pics done here is the link
TwoViews Photography > Farthing
the password is SFarthing

not gonna try to hit on everyone, this one handed typing is hard!

February 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) Sam, being a new mom is very difficult, I've also got a dep hx, and it kicked me in teeth once the twins came home this summer-are you on meds?

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
February 3rd, 2010, 03:26 AM
Hi, ladies! I hope everyone is doing well today. I have a couple of meetings that will take up most of my day, but it shouldn't be that busy other then that. That's a nice change. After next week, I expect it'll be crazy again for me. We're supposed to get final word on the number of positions to be cut mid next week. But then at the end of the week, we get to see our little Mark on Friday and then head out of town for a mini vacay to Williamsburg. So something fun to look forward to as well.

Jess - good to see you here sweetie!! I hope Paul recovers quickly, and that your hands continue to improve. I know you don't want to have to go thru surgery yourself. Yay for Jaylen growing like crazy. I can't wait to see those finished announcements.

Marie - glad my pet and LO aren't the only one playing similar games. and LOVE LOVE your pics! I'm sure it is quite insane at your place, but so much fun!!!

Mari - good to see you sweetie!!! I'm glad your pg is going so well, and it won't be long before we have our little ones here to enjoy.

Casey - hope your computer is all fixed for good. It is frustrating when we don't have them working. Also hope you all start feeling better soon. No fun being sick. Have fun at Super Bowl Sunday!!! Who are you wanting to win??

Lenore - yep all these updates just piled up on us. It's hard to believe you're 29 weeks already. Where has the time gone? Are you on 2 week appointments with your doc now? They told me when I come back in at my next appointment which is at 28 weeks that I'll be going to 2 week visits instead of monthly.

Hi, Sam!! LOVE those pics of CJ. That is a very talented photographer and just so sweet. Sorry you're dealing with some pdd, and glad you're working thru it. **hugs**

February 4th, 2010, 09:24 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I started back to work very part-time (but it's enough!) and Carson is STILL waking every 2 hours overnight. C is growing so fast -he'll be 5 months on the 8th. He is very close to rolling and is sitting supported. He just chattered and laughed all day yesterday -it just made my day! I'm feeling great considering the lack of sleep. I have 3 pounds to go to pre-preg weight, which is nice (and good for business ).

Beth - you mentioned Yaz in one of your posts. I know that everyone is different, but I had a very serious reaction to it. I was taking it b/c of severe PMS and after 5 days of taking it, I was so depressed and having suicidal thoughts. It was horrible. DH said it was like I was possessed or something. Like I said, we are all different and maybe you'll have a fine experience with it. I did do some research and found that the reaction that I had is not that uncommon. Just wanted to share! Katie is getting so big -yay for a good appointment! I know it is so hard to see them cry when they get their shots.

Sam - I totally understand -btdt with ppd. Hang in there and don't be afraid to talk to your doc about it. I found that mine was linked strongly to sleep deprivation.

Becky - that is hilarious about how Precious and Mark "play" already! So sweet! I love your shower invitation, by the way. Have fun!!! I can't believe you are 26 weeks!

Jess - great to see an update from you! I had been thinking about you/wondering how you are doing. Hope DH's surgery goes well. Glad to hear that little Jayden is growing! Yay! I know you are busy but are you enjoying it?

Marie -those are great pictures! What beautiful, happy children you have! I love your siggy, too.

Tonya - I'm sorry you failed the glucose test; hope that you pass the 3-hour!

Casey - I'm sorry that everyone is sick. Your poor little guy. It is never easy when LOs are sick. Hope you are all feeling better by Sunday. Who are you rooting for???

I'd better get in the shower while I have the chance!

February 5th, 2010, 02:27 AM
So good to "see" you Heather!! We've missed you but understand being busy. I can't believe Carson is 5 months already. Time is certainly flying by. If you have a chance, we'd LOVE to see some more pics. And yay for losing the pg weight!! You are an inspiration and I'd love to see before & after pics of you too.

Happy Friday everyone!! Yes, I'm here a bit earlier then normal as DH & I came into work earlier so we can head out earlier. We're expecting quite a bit of snow and want to get home before it gets too bad. I believe the last forecast said anywhere between 1-2 feet of snow. This is so unusual for our winters, as we typically get a few inches here & there and some ice/sleet mainly. This will be our 2nd major storm this season as the one before Christmas gave us over 15 inches. Hopefully it won't take us too long to dig back out of this one.

So what are everyone's weekend plans? Anything fun?

February 5th, 2010, 05:45 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Hi ladies,

I've made it through all those posts, but sadly I don't have time to comment on all of them.

I've also been MIA for a while. It's hard for me to keep up with two msg boards and the DDC is so busy. I'll pop in when I can. I just passed my 10 week mark on tues. I was very excited about that milestone. DH and I are leaving on vacation tomorrow. We're so excited. We are going on a cruise! We're also making a stop at Disneyland. It'll be DH's first time and I'll get to see my bff in CA since we are going a couple of days before the cruise. My next appt. is on the 19th (the Friday after I get back from vacation).

Hope you all have a great weekend!

February 6th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, yes I'm on two weekly appointments now. Been feeling very breathless lately, but just googled ONE article only (don't want to make myself worry!), which was reassuring about it being a normal part of pregnancy. I just don't remember it so much with my other pregnancies but it also said if you're not fit you can feel more breathless and I know that I'm not getting enough exercise at the moment. It is difficult with the heat and humidity too - I find that if I'm inside in airconditioning, I don't feel short of breath.

I go on maternity leave at 35 weeks and the weather should be starting to get a bit cooler then so I will start to do a bit more walking then!

Hi everyone - I've ready everything but just busy at the moment ..

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
February 6th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Read the updates but don't have time to comment on all of them. We are within a week of the move so I am packing and Mom is playing with Katie. If I don't post again until NC, everyone take care and have a great week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search