Weekly updates 02/07 to 02/13

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Thought I'd post this for Becky - she must be busy .

All going well for me. My next appt is Friday - I like that it's gone to two weekly appointments because it makes me feel as though time is going fast and we will meet our baby soon! Pretty uncomfortable sleeping and feel like I'm starting to waddle but all in all, no complaints!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
February 10th, 2010, 07:53 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, Lenore!

I have been busy (no surprise there), but also dealing with no power & spotty power so jumping on this morning while I had a chance. This weekend's storm gave us over 30 inches. That took lots of shoveling. I've taken pics, but haven't had a chance to upload yet. I'll do that in a few days when I'm more sure of power and internet connectivity staying on. Today we're getting hit with round 2, and it's whiteout with high winds currently. I'm so ready for spring!!!

Other then that, I'm feeling okay. Definitely have popped, so it's getting more uncomfortable to do normal things like put on socks, shoes, anything that requires bending over. Feel like I"m waddling a few times, but loving it all anyway. And DH got to FINALLY feel little Mark move Monday night. Usually the brat would stop kicking when DH places his hands on my belly, but not that night. DH thought that was so cool, and you should have seen his smile. So sweet.

My next doc appts are this Friday as well and then I go to 2 week appts. Wow!! It does make it seem like things are speeding up. And hitting 27 weeks, DH & I were just saying that it is unreal that in as little as 10 weeks, we could have our LO. Wow!!! So hard to imagine.

Well wind just picked up again, so I'm going to jump off. I hope you all have a great day & I'll jump back on when I have another chance.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 10th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
27 weeks - not long to go Becky!! I always felt once I hit 28 weeks the countdown started... as in rather than saying I'm 30 weeks, I say I've got 9 weeks to go (because my c-section is set at 39 weeks)...

wow that is a lot of snow - I've only seen snow a few times in my life!!! Yes we do get it in Australia but not where we are.

Anyway have to go, my 2yo has asked 'Can I have my brekky just right now?'...I'm hungry for breakfast too .

February 10th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky~ I am so sick of snow that it isn't even funny.

Lenore ~ What did you all have for brekky? Just curious because I love food.

AFM~ Today is Mike's last day of work. We move on Saturday and will spend the next two days packing frantically. Katie has decided that she wants to sit up to take her bottle and hold it herself. Little Miss Independent thinks she's grown.

February 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow Beth, must be nice to be able to give her a bottle and have her hold it if you need to get other things done! But then again still nice to have that bonding and be holding her while she drinks it .

For breakfast I always have two weetbix... I have no idea what you'd call them over there..but basically it is cereal with milk! I have home made muesli (and honey mmm) on top of mine too but so far the boys aren't keen on having muesli and they just have two plain weetbix with a little bit of honey (in england they call them weet-a-bix...but no idea in America - I'm sure they'd have some sort of equivalent - it's a good wholegrain, high fibre cereal anyway... ). Phew...bet you wished you'd never asked!!

Good luck with the packing! While I hate packing and moving, when you're moving HOME to your family...now that's different!!

February 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Funny thing about the bottle holding is that she can't actually do it on her own but she gives me a look as though saying "I haven't figured out how yet, but I am sure this not being able to hold my bottle thing is all your fault".

February 10th, 2010, 08:05 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Jessica-- Jaylen is just plain adorable! You must be over the moon

Becky--I think the worst of the weather has moved up your way and beyond. We did have a terribly messy morning with snow and slush. They decided to shut the schools down AFTER the early schools were already in session-- so as an early school teacher, I got stuck working all day

Lenore-- How's the name selection going??I wonder if weetbix is like our "frosted" mini wheats without the frost? Hmm...

I'm excited to be on a two hour delay tomorrow... I never feel like I get enough sleep. Could it be the endless parade of bathroom trips all nite??

Last edited by daisygarten; February 11th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
February 10th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jenn, bad luck with getting stuck at school! And I hear you with the bathroom trips! I wake up and tell myself that I can seriously not need to go AGAIN...but of course I can't get to sleep until I haul myself out of bed to go!

We do have a girl's name picked - the same name that we had the last two times as well ... at least we're consistent!!! (We are keeping the names a surprise though). A boy's name is the problem.... there's a few we think are 'okay', but none that BOTH of us really love.... time to get the baby name books out I think. Dh LOVES the name Elliott.... but unfortunately it's something I can't even bring myself to like, let alone love... I like strong sounding boys names and that just doesn't grab me. But anyway it's all part of the fun, as long as we have something nailed down before we get to hospital!!!

We have mini wheats here as well so I don't know!

Jess I agree - great new siggie of you all with beautiful Jaylen!

February 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Beth - I'm too am so sick of snow. and will be so happy for spring to get here. So cute about Katie becoming Miss Independent.

Lenore - your brekky sounds good, but not sure what it's called here. and I agree about those bathroom trips too. I seem to just get comfortable and have to get up again & again.

Jen - yes, we did get the worst of this set of storms. I just pray this is it for the season. They're saying a few snow showers on Monday, but nothing like what we just had. That makes me groan though, at just the thought of another inch or 2 of snow. I'm sorry you got stuck at school all day. That couldn't have been much fun.

Jess - I keep forgetting to say that I LOVE your new siggy. Great job in making and Jaylen is just so adorable. I hope DH continues to improve from his surgery and that your arms/wrists are doing better each day.

AFM - nothing much, I'm so very sick of this snow and can't wait for spring at this point. DH made the mistake of heading into work yesterday morning and then got stuck there as he couldn't get home when they dismissed at 1:00. So he'll try today when they get out at 1:00 again. I hope he can get home today. Thankfully the snow has stopped finally, but there's alot of digging out to do. They closed my county government again today, but I wasn't going in to work anyway. So it looks like I had an impromptu week off work. I'll call in the next hour to see if either of my doc appts will be open tomorrow, and we've decided to cancel our Williamsburg trip. They typically want a 72 hour cancellation, but we'll see if they make an exception due to the weather or if they'll just give us a credit on the rooms and we'll plan another trip after LO arrives.

Other then all that, I'm fine. How's everyone else today?

February 11th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Mama K's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey, I get to post here now! LOL

My first appointment is scheduled for Mar. 23. I should be entering into my 10th week by then, which is a little on the late side, but the nurse said they typically don't want to see you until you're 8-10 weeks, so it works. I had an appt. for Mar. 16, but my DH will be out of town on a business trip and wanted to be there for the first appt. So, I rescheduled to fit him in!

I'm still kind of in the gray area where my PG is concerned. Other than the sore tah-tahs, I don't feel pregnant and so I'm constantly wondering whether I truly am and keep taking HPTs! I'm a basket case....what can I say? I just took another today, and while the 2nd line was very dim compared to the test stripe, it's still there. LOL I'll probably end up taking at least one or two more before my appt. I'm screwy that way, I guess!

February 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just popping in quickly. Get this, one of my co-workers is looking for someone to adopt her 15 month old grandson-omg! At first dh and I said no, but now we're considering it-once E has our last name, I'm going for a tubal! The general anesthetic will give me a much-needed break, lol!
Are we crazy? I hope we don't sound like psychos who collect orphans like Brangelina, do we? Our hearts have been open to our bio "oops" number five, but I won't miss being pg, and no more newborn yuck for those first awful months! I'd have FIVE within 29 months. Do we sound psycho??

Lucky mother to five!

February 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Marie, I don't think you are crazy at all! When you asked for children, God listened ! Ours are all about as close as they can get, but we haven't ever gotten twins. I would love to have them so close! I say, pray about it! What a blessing this child would be to you and you would be to this child! Amazing, I love following your journey.

Sorry ladies, now I got sidetracked with Marie's news and forgot my comments to you. I did remember Beth is moving, best of luck Beth! Please let us know when you arrive safe and sound. Are you feeling pretty good after your c/s? Will you be able to lift much? Please take it easy and let DH do lots of the lifting.

AFM, nothing new, which is good. I'm 26 weeks tomorrow but am starting to feel like I'm "filling out" already. It seems kind of early for that, baby has a long way to grow. But she is not growing in my theighs is she? Please remind me why my pants are getting tighter there?! But overall, all is good. Still tired beyond what I think is normal, but not much to do about that.

I'll try and come back later, I wanted to let you all know how the work situation is going.
Have a good day!

February 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Oh Mari, too funny! Nolan grew in my thighs, but maybe he was extra tall? I think I wore yoga pants from week 13 on when pg with him Come to think of it, I still wear yoga pants....

Lucky mother to five!

February 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Marie. Your not crazy. If I had the chance of adopting a child I would do it in a heartbeat. I love kids. Can't wait to hear what you and your dh decide to do.

Beth have a safe move.

Becky sorry to hear you are canceling your trip to williamsburg. We should meet up when you come down next. How was the doc appt today?

I am in the tww which I hate. I want to test so badly but according to FF its way to early so I am hoping I hold out till next friday. But then again thats my bday and I don't know if I want to be depressed if its not the results I would love to have.

February 11th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Hi, ladies! figured I'd pop on while I had a chance. After discussing it, and after the county plowed our streets, DH & I have decided to change back our plans to Williamsburg and go this weekend anyway. So, we'll be heading down tomorrow afternoon. I have the 2 doc appts in the morning, and then we want to get Mom settled and do a few things around the house (dig out the drain spouts especially) and then head on down. We're taking our laptop, and I believe the hotel offers free wi-5 so I should have internet while we're down there. Yay!!! I'm excited again! I would also have been happy to be at home, but so thrilled to get in our mini vacay too. Does that even make sense?

Karen - So nice to see you posting here to! I hope these next few weeks pass quickly for you til your doc appt. Other then the sore boobs, I too didn't feel pg for a while.

Marie - that is WONDERFUL that you have the chance to possibly adopt a 5th child. You & DH are so very blessed and I can't wait to hear more about it.

Mari - Wow, our pregnancies seem to be flying by don't they? And I too had to chuckle over the thighs growing. I have really popped lately, and just feel so off balance. DH finds it so funny that I have trouble putting socks & shoes on. He's such a brat.

Stacey - It would be nice to meet up sometime. When are you moving out from the area again? I know that this weekend we have some events planned at Williamsburg with the friends we're heading down there with, but not sure of the times. We let them choose the days/times this time since we did on our last vacay together. Once I know, I'll send you a PM (providing I have internet) and maybe we can work something out.

I'll update when I can after my appts tomorrow, and hopefully will have some more u/s pics to share as well. I left a voicemail for the peri doc, but didn't get a response. So I'm not sure if they'll be open for the 8:00 appt. I'm scheduled to have a growth u/s with them. The OB is open, as I was able to speak with someone this afternoon there. I have my 1 hour glucola test and then regular monthly appt with them. After tomorrow, I go to 2 week appts. I know that's just going to speed everything up with the rest of this pregnancy, isn't it?

If I can't get online, I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Take Care!!!

February 11th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Whew this board is smoking today!

Marie, wow that is ...wow! No, you don't sound like Brangelina. It does just seem surreal though that people wait years to adopt and as fate would have it, there are people just trying to give you their babies . I feel for the toddlers (in that it means their little lives are obviously not the best) but ultimately it means that their current caregivers are trying to give them a better life then they can offer, and amazing for you and dh to get your big family so quickly!! Did you already have a big car??

Welcome up here Karen ! I think a lot of women have no pregnancy symptoms at all. My main one was always tiredness, but I think too that possibly your symptoms might not hit for another week or more (or not at all if you're lucky??!)

Glad all is going well with your pregnacy Mari .

I just got home from my latest ob appt. All is good. He said my bp is 'disgustingly good' - I don't take that forgranted and feel very lucky, and the boys and I heard the baby's heartbeat and all is well .

Becky yay for the mini vacay being back on!

Good luck with holding off on testing Stacey! Sending your way!
Sorry if I've missed anyone!

Last edited by mum74; February 11th, 2010 at 08:10 PM.
February 11th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I love this board! You're the first board I check each time I'm on, that's pretty special, lol!

We have a 2005 Dodge Caravan. We wanted a new Toyota Sienna with all the bells n whistles, but we cheaped out and bought a used minivan this summer-its perfect for us! Right now its full of empty juice boxes and cheetos ground into the carpet, its awesome! It was so cheap, we don't care what it looks like, lol! I just buy really expensive carseats to keep them all safe

Lucky mother to five!

February 12th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just popping in while Katie is asleep and DH has given me a break from packing. Sending lots of hugs to everyone. Stay safe this weekend. I hope to be back online by Monday if not before.

February 12th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Popping on before we head down the road! My doc appts went pretty good today. I've gained nothing in the last month, Mark is almost 3 pounds so he doubled his weight. Which made the Peri a little concerned that he gained so much in only 4 weeks - last time she said he was in the 30% now he's 70%, which is still normal but they don't want me having too big of a baby. They don't think I have GD, but they want me to change my diet up some and eat more protein and also get back to my daily walking. Other then that, everything looked wonderful. Heartbeat was 149, and we got some really cute pics. She even did some 4D pics. I'll upload those when I have a chance. Then I went downstairs to my regular OB. They took my blood for the GD test, and I'm hoping that turns out okay. There was some sugar in my urine this time, but they're thinking it's from the drink as that sometimes happens. My blood pressure was perfect and I see them back in 2 weeks. I see the peri back in 4 weeks.

I hope you all have a great Friday & I hope to be checking back in with you all soon.

February 12th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Beth, please be safe with your move. I'm very happy for you to be "going home".

Becky, great doc appts! Sorry girls....I got a couple of sneak peaks of Mark and he is such a cutie! Hope you have a wonderful time in Williamsburg!

Marie!! OMG!! It is so awesome that you are being so blessed! I love what Lenore said about people just giving you their babies Faith....you've gotta have it. You and your DH deserve so many good things and it looks like God is providing those good things for you.

Lenore & Mari it sounds like your pregnancies are going very well!

Stacey, I so hope this is it for you. Good luck with holding out on the testing. to you sweetie!

Karen, it is so good to see you here on this board! Again, congrats on the pregnancy!!

Jenn, congrats again on the boy! I love the name you two have chosen.

Thank you to everyone about the comments on Jaylen. She really is our precious angel. It could be a coincidence, but she has slept thru the night for the last 3 nights....well, as much as "thru the night means" She usually goes down around 9 and she's up around 5:30....so I guess that's a really good thing. DH's shoulder is getting better by teeny tiny amounts every day.....it's still going to be a long road of healing. He does go back to work at the end of the month on very light duty...which will be good since I think he's getting cabin fever. And, since he's going back to work in a few weeks, he's keeping Jaylen with him at home instead of me taking her to work.....which is also a good thing because he gets to spend time with her and I get the opportunity to get caught up *crossing fingers*. AFM medically, my hands aren't quite back to normal, they still have their issues and can still have some major pains go thru them, but for the most part I am very functional now. Hopefully if I can start losing some weight they'll really get back to normal. Have to jump now and head off to another client. Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's weekend!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search