Weekly Updates 02/14 to 02/20

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Hi ladies, thought I'd do this for Becky again!

Not much happening my end. Baby moving around heaps which I never get enough of . I'm tired, but that's not really pregnancy related. Dh is away for work this week and I don't tend to sleep as well when he's not here! I should try to upload a couple of pics... maybe I'll add them a bit later. How's everyone else going this week?
30 wks 5days

30wks 5 days (taken on Sunday)...told you I was tired (and that was before dh left for work interstate!!)

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; February 16th, 2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: To add photos
February 17th, 2010, 04:23 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the pics, Lenore!!! And big thanks for posting this topic for me again. I so appreciate it!!!!

With me, okay as I've stated in the 4D u/s post work is super super busy for me and I've been fighting a cold so I'm not at 100% yet. I'm taking it as easy as I can, but this cold is taking alot out of me. I hate being sick . . .

beyond that though - I had both doc appts last Friday. First with the peri where I got the cool pics and then the regular OB appt. I got a mix of news with these appts. Little Mark more then doubled in size, and went from the previous month 1 pound 5 or 6 ounces to nearly 3 pounds (2 pounds 13 ounces) this month. This moves him from the 30ish% to 70ish% (I can't remember the exact percents) and he now measures a week ahead. Prior to this, he's been measuring right on target. They also said my amniotic fluid has increased quite a bit and I'm still in the normal range, but at the top end of normal whereas before I was right in the middle range. So the docs are a little concerned that he's growing too fast and don't want him to continue doubling in size. The peri in particular doesn't want me to attempt delivery of a larger baby, her preference is a 6/7 pounder only. I took the 1 hour GD test again, but both docs don't think I have that as Mark doesn't show any typical symptoms, but they do want me to start watching my diet more (cut out carbs) as if I do have it. I'm also to start back my walking more as the think that may be the main reason for the rapid gain & fluid increase. I had cut out my lunchtime walks with all the snow/ice on the sidewalks as well as cut out my use of the stairs here at work due to fear of falling. Guess it's time to use the treadmill at home. As far as my weight gain, it was nothing this month. That surprised them all, as I've definitely popped more and my tummy is out there. So my total weight gain is 9 pounds so far this pregnancy and I have been careful in my diet with eating more veggies/fruits and very little to no junk food. Hopefully this walking will help things and we'll see how the next appt goes. I see the regular OB back in 2 weeks on Feb 26th and the peri back in 4 weeks on March 11th. My blood pressure is perfect and the peri says I show no early signs of Preeclampsia when they check my blood flow during the in depth scans. I'm also not having swelling issues or fluid retention so that's good as well. I'm hoping the rest of this pregnancy continues to go just as wonderful. It's amazing to think that it won't be long now before we have little Mark here with us.

I need to upload the latest belly pic DH took this weekend and plan to do that soon. I've definitely popped. Everyone who sees me now immediately looks at the belly, it's so funny.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 17th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lenore, I love the pictures, it's so good to put a cute face with your name! I hope you can catch a couple of naps this week.

Becky, sounds like things are going along good. Maybe Mark hit a growth spurt and will slow down a little bit next time. Way to go on only 9 lbs!

Me, I can tell I've gained more than 9 lbs . Last time I was in I was at 8, but can tell my thighs have increased lots in size, as my pants are getting tighter there than my belly. Plus, I have a late night ice cream habit, bad I know. I go in next week, but things seem to be moving right along. Its hard to believe I'm almost 27 weeks, time has flown!

Hope all is well!

February 17th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm making soup, still in jammies, lol! I'll add some pics when I upload today
N and E "dancing"
playtime!

little sitters!

more dancing

my gymnastics ballerina

Last edited by Just_Marie; February 18th, 2010 at 10:02 AM.
February 18th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Time is flying by, so I understand what you mean Mari!! I can't believe we'll be having our little ones in just a few short months.

I got a call from my doctor yesterday, and I wasn't too happy to hear that I failed the 1 hour glucola test by 1 lousy little point. So now I have to go in for the 3 hour one this Saturday. My iron levels are still low too, so now they want me to increase my supplements to 3 times a day. Yucky, yucky, yucky. That's about all I had to say. I was so mad yesterday about it, but feel a bit better today. I guess being sick doesn't help matters either. So please keep your fingers crossed ladies, that I pass the 3 hour test. Thanks!!!

Now that I had a quick moment, here's an updated belly pic from me. I'm bundled up from this past weekend with being sick & it was cold. and then a couple of DH & me.

Last edited by BeckyM; February 18th, 2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: adding pics
February 18th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Becky, beautiful pictures! You look amazing! I hope you pass your 3 hour-if you don't, you've done nothing to cause this, blame it on the placenta, seriously! ((hugs)) and love
February 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie and Becky, love the pictures! I should try and post some.

Hope you all have a good day.

February 18th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Mari, I want to see your baby bump!
February 20th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great photos Becky (and you look sooo happy )! It's funny because you and Mari are only a couple of weeks or so behind me but yet I always think Wow, can't believe how far along you both are!! Crazy I know.. It's like I feel that my pregnancy is flying so what do I expect, that everyone else's is standing still??

Though to be honest I feel like these last weeks (if I say two months seems even longer!) are going to drag... I guess I am sooo keen to meet my baby and have him/her out safely that I just want it to come already!

What a pain you failed the 1hr by one point. But all I can think is that while the 3hr test will be annoying, at least they are being thorough and looking after you both.

Yes Mari we'd love to see belly pics!

Great photos of all the kids Marie - is E's adoption going ahead then?

February 20th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Yes, we've filed our petition with the Court, we're waiting the ten days for mom or dad to contest it, those ten days are up on the 26th, and the file goes to the Judge on March 1st. We'll know that day if she's our daughter, or if we have to go to hearing and fight for her. Please pray she gets our last name on the first!
February 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I truly hope that because they have willingly given her brothers to you for adoption, that they will not even think to contest this. You have such big hearts . Make sure you keep us updated!

February 21st, 2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks ladies for the compliments. I liked how these pics turned out & it's hard sometimes to get ones with DH & me both in them as we're the ones who typically take the pics.

Mari - I want to see some belly pics too!!

Marie - I'm keeping my crossables crossed that everything goes as planned. Please keep us posted!!

February 21st, 2010, 08:18 PM
Mom won't contest it, but dad won't sign the consents, he wants DNA first??? The judge can determine her best interests, b/c dad sure can't...
Praying for good things for her on March 1st!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search