Weekly Updates - 02/28 - 03/06

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 06:18 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Wow, it's hard to believe it's March already! Where is the time going to? Am I the only one who thinks time is just flying by? Well, I don't have much to start off on this week. Just the same typical busy work week. Tomorrow should be my 3 hour GTT. I say should because the technician on Friday said for me to call to day to make sure they have the drink I need take before I fast & come in on Tuesday. I'll call this afternoon and hope that's it's all ready to go. On Friday is our appt with the pediatrician, to see if we like this doctor and practice. They were recommended by our family doctor. DH isn't able to take off Friday, so MIL is going with me to give me another set of eyes/opinion. I'm hoping we like them so I don't have to look further. I'm getting lazy at this point. As far as my doctor appt that was to have been this past Friday, we've ended up postponing in until tomorrow. When I got there, I could see the waiting room was packed and when the technician took me back for the weigh in & urine cycle, my doc seen me and said she was running very late and apologized for this as she knows I'm usually her last appt. I suggested rescheduling to Tuesday since I expect to be there for 3 hours anyway, and she was so grateful. So, I'll update after that appt goes. And that's about it.

Non pg related - I got nothing really done this weekend as far as scrapping, but did get to relax some. I expect another busy work week, but that is typical for lately and I don't expect that to change at all anytime before I leave once this LO arrives. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can continue to work up to delivery, we've got so much to do here. We are looking at July 1st layoffs, and should know more by the 15th of March. The bulk of that is going to fall on my co-worker as May/June will be the busy busy time trying to place people, but I'll do what I can beforehand. It's not a fun time to be an HR person, and with rumors flying around like crazy, my voicemails, emails & employees popping constantly in are keeping me quite busy. At least with being pg, they're more "gentle" with me then they are with my co-worker. I know they're scared of losing their jobs, and I feel so helpless at this point as I just don't have that many other jobs that they can be placed in. Not fun to deal with at all. So that's my vent to start off Monday, sorry for not being my typical cherry self.

I hope you all are having a much better start to your week & I can't wait to see pics & hear updates!!! I'll live thru you all again!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 1st, 2010, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish I felt like the time was flying by like you Becky, but for me it seems to be dragging. I hope you pass your three hour glucose test! Good luck with the pediatrician also. I haven't even thought about that until now when I read your post.

AFM - I had another ultrasound last week and got some news that worries me just a bit. I was told that my little girl is measuring two weeks behind so they want me to come back in another month to check her growth again. I keep telling myself it must not be anything to worry too much about since they are making me wait a whole month to come back. But as you ladies know it's hard not to worry.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

March 1st, 2010, 08:51 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Good Morning!!

Becky- Yuck on the layoffs, we are looking at some too, at least all I do is figure out how much needs to be cut- then someone else figures out who.

Tonya- don't worry too much u/s are not that accurate, I'm sure she is just fine!!

AFM- back to work today I did the trial week last week part time, so I'm not worried about how he is doing at daycare, the biggest difference is that I had the option (and did it) that I could go get him at any time last week, now I have to wait till I get home from work. DH is picking him up since he gets off at 3:30.
I need to post new pictures he is getting so expressive now. I do have some fairly newer ones on FB if you have me on there.

March 2nd, 2010, 04:37 AM
Tonya - I agree with Sam. Try not to worry to much about the size, they are just estimates and they do seem to be off. My LO measured a week ahead at my last u/s and the Peri started getting nervous that he was going to be too big. The OB was much more relaxed and that helped calm me down.

Sam - layoffs aren't fun at all. With me, someone else decides how many positions and I had to determine by seniority who they'll be and work directly with the affected people. Can be quite stressful, but I'm doing all I can to manage it and help these employees. I will be going thru the daycare myself, so I'm sure I'll be feeling the same way in a few months. Hang in there sweetie & I hope you got extra cuddles in last night when you got home.

AFM - I'll be leaving in a couple of hours for my 3 hour GTT. They called me yesterday and confirmed that they did have the glucola drink so I fasted as instructed (starving now ) and will head over to their office to be there at 9:00. Afterwards my coworker is picking me up and we're going to have a nice lunch before coming back to the office. I've got a tote bag with books, magazines, sudoko puzzle to keep me occupied. Hopefully the time will pass fast today, and please wish me luck on passing. I'll update later on when I get back in the office. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

March 2nd, 2010, 07:15 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Becky - good luck with the test today...hope to hear good news!

Tonya - I wouldn't worry too much....Matt was always measuring off...once he was almost 3 weeks off, but he is fine

Sam - I know how you feel...I've been back to work for about 7 weeks I think and it's still hard...

AFM - not much to report...still waiting for the night when Matt will sleep all night...but now he's getting up in the morning and snacking...2 oz here 3 oz there...trying to break him of that by leaving him in his crib a little longer....his 4mo appt is next Friday and I can't wait to see how much he's grown...he is now wearing mostly 3-6mo clothes and I'm excited because that means he's growing....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
March 2nd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi girls, its a busy morning here at home by myself with four We had the twins' big first birthday party on Sunday, they're one!!! They got spoiled and loved their first taste of cake Off to quickly check my other boards before hauling them all upstairs for naptime and more unpacking-we love our new house

Lucky mother to five!

March 2nd, 2010, 10:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone, read through everything but just a quick post for me for now.

Tonya I know it will be a nerve-wracking 4 weeks, but as everyone has said, the u/s are often 'off' and hopefully all is well. I know it's natural to worry so all I can hope is that you have a busy 4 weeks so that you don't have too much time to dwell.

AFM, severe heartburn reared it's ugly head and I didn't get much sleep a couple of nights ago. Took 4 tums throughout the night but didn't help. Last night thankfully it was no where near as bad and I really crashed out and slept well! Otherwise all good. My tummy is looking a bit red.... stretchmarks coming? I haven't ever had them before so have been madly massaging my belly with cream!!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 3rd, 2010, 04:11 AM
Good morning, ladies! I have several back to back meetings today so I'm jumping on quickly while I have the chance. My 3 hour GTT went well yesterday. They were able to get the blood from me without too many problems and I didn't even bruise as bad as I sometimes do. They hope to have the results Thursday or Friday so I should know something soon. My regular appt went well too, although we had to laugh when the doc tried to check the heartbeat. This was after I had drank the sugary drink and little Mark was bouncing off the walls. We all had to laugh as you could physically see him moving all around my tummy. I go back in 2 weeks and they said they'll be starting NSTs from that point on. Well hate to make this short, but have lots to get caught back up on here at my desk from being out most of yesterday.

I hope you all have a great day!!!

March 4th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Happy Thursday! I got a call from the doctor's office on the way home last night. Surprisingly they had the results back this fast, and unfortunately they weren't that great. I do have gestational diabetes. I know that there's nothing much I could have done to prevent this as I was already closely monitoring my diet, exercising, and have not gained much weight, but it is still a bit depressing and frustrating. I'm to call the peri today for what to do to next. My next appt with her was scheduled for next Thursday the 11th, and I'm not sure if she'll want to move that up earlier.

With numbers, they said I was 70 for the fasting number which was great. At 1 hour after drinking the yucky drink, I was 179, barely passing. The top number for the 1 hour is 180. My 2 hour was 191, the top was 155 and the 3 hour was 169, the top was 140. I don't know much more about the numbers other then I didn't pass, or what I'll have to do next. Guess I'll find out when the peri office opens up and I can speak with the nurse or doc. I'll update when I have more news.

Other then that, work as expected is crazy busy again. The layoffs in July are becoming more & more definite every day, which is depressing, but unfortunately have to do my job and get what's needed done for that. I'm on scheduled leave for tomorrow, have appt to meet with a Pediatrician to see if we like this office for little Mark. Hopefully they'll be a good fit and I won't have to look further. That'll be one important thing to check off my list. My family/friend baby shower is this Saturday. That should be fun!! I haven't seen some of these ladies in several months and I look forward to getting caught up on things with them.

So, what all is everyone else up to?

March 4th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Tonya ~ I know that it is hard having to wait to find out but like some of the other ladies have said the u/s are apt to be wrong.

Becky ~ Sorry you have Gestational Diabetes.

Casey ~ Katie isn't sleeping through the night either. Hopefully, they will soon.

Lenore ~ Sorry that you are having heartburn and hope that the cream keeps the stretch marks away.

Marie ~ Congrats again on Elizabeth's adoption going through.

Sam ~ Glad that CJ is adjusting to day care so well.

AFM ~ Katie had her WIC appt. on Tuesday. She weighed in at 13 lb 13 oz. and was almost 24 inches long. I am still on the job hunt as is DH. We are much happier here in NC though than we were in IN (at least Katie and I are). Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week.

March 4th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Becky, I'm sorry honey. Stress will really tax your pancreas, so you're going to need to cut that down, or get off work early. Start by doing blood sugars four times a day, fasting before breakfast, either just before each meal or two hours after each meal, and then one before bed. They're going to make you do that to see if you'll need to go on meds or insulin. You did nothing to cause this, its genetic, its go to do with the pancreas, stress worsesns it, and being an older mom increases your risk for it. I had gdm with Nolan, so I know all about this stuff. PM me if you have questions. ((hugs)) and love

Lucky mother to five!

March 6th, 2010, 11:10 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big Becky! I'm so sorry about the GD. I hope that you are able to get a plan very soon! And you are right, you did everything that you could do, so don't beat yourself up. KUP!

March 6th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
about the GD Becky. Just one extra thing for you to have to deal with at the moment.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search