Weekly Updates - 03/07 - 03/13

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 04:58 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Happy Monday ladies! I'm hoping to have a nice week & hope its not as busy as its been lately for me. I know I need to start watching my stress levels, so hopefully work will make that easier for me. I have an appointment tomorrow with the peri to meet with their dietitian and then my doctor to see what the next steps are for me with the gestational diabetes. We moved Thursday's appointment to Tuesday as well, so I'll have the growth u/s done to. Yay!! Hopefully I'll get some more cute pics to share with everyone.

The shower on Saturday was alot of fun! Tiring though. I'll have to upload pics to share, but we got lots of adorable clothes for little Mark and several of the items from our registry - bouncer, highchair, pack & play, bathtub, swing (that we didn't actually register for, but is adorable), bumbo chair, boppy, umbrella stroller, Baby Einstein playmat/gym, diaper bag, baby carrier that Tony can use as well, baby monitor, mobile, various toys & stuffed animals and Johnson & Johnson bath stuff. Lots of needed things & they were just so adorable. I even got some precious handmade items that are always a treasure. My godmother crocheted an adorable blanket, some friends from Greece sent embroidered sheets & a dear friend here made a door hanger indicating if Mark/Smudge was awake or asleep. They were so adorable.

And not sure if I'd mentioned this or not, but the outfit we plan on bringing Mark home in is the same one Tony wore home when he was born. Here's a pic of this adorable outfit with matching booties. The tag inside (I forgot to take a pic of that) says "Take Me Home"

Here's a belly pic from this weekend as well. I've definitely popped.

So, what all is everyone else up to? I want to see some more pics from you lovely ladies!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 8th, 2010, 08:43 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Becky- you look adorable!!

Today is CJ's 2 month birthday!! Can't believe how much he has changed! I took pics yesterday have to get them off the camera....
Also AF showed!! so now back to charting to avoid then in 4 months I get to go back to the other side! I can;t believe I was actually excited to see AF but I was afraid I would be one of those people who doesn't get it back for a long time and well I want to TTC in 4 more months.

March 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the going home outfit Becky! It's adorable! Hope the appointment go well and I can't wait to see new pics. Sounds like you had a great shower and got lots of great items.

AFM - nothing new to report really. I am 26 weeks and things seem to be moving along well.

March 8th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, love the belly pictures. So cute. Hope your appointments go well. Glad you got lots of stuff for your shower. I've never had one, so it makes me sad.

Sam, good for AF coming back. Do you mind me asking, are you still EBF? It would be a bummer to nurse and still have her. Hope C.J. is doing well.

Tonya, glad things are just sailing along, that's a great place to be.

For me, I passed my GD test last week and am almost 30 weeks. It's flying by. I don't go back until the end of the month. Baby is laying in almost a head down spot. She's at an angle, hitting my pelvis I guess. I'm hoping she goes head down soon. My doctor said that the more pg I have the worse shape my uterus is in for getting babies into the correct position. I'm hoping she gets there soon. I've loved having natural births, so this makes me a little nervous. Other than that, all things were good. At 28 weeks (last week) I was up 15 lbs. I'm kindof bummed because it seems like a lot for me, but I'm not overeating, so body is gaining what it needs I guess.

Hope everyone is well!

On a sidenote, Nathan weaned last week. I'm amazed I made it so long, and am looking forward to this new little one nursing. I am a little relieved that he decided it was time. I didn't want him to be jealous of the new baby. He will be a year on March 30, so we made it almost a year.

March 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gorgeous pics Becky!

Sam-yay for ppaf!!

Mari-15lbs doesn't sound like much to me, wtg!

Tonya-yay for 26 weeks!!

AFM, nothing new here. Spring is just around the corner, I've been taking the two big kids out to play in the melting snow each warm afternoon while the babies nap. We love the new acreage! The house is huge, and constantly messy with toys! Yay for the housekeeper coming this Thursday!! I get my haircut tomorrow, yay again!
March 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gorgeous outfit Becky (and great belly pic) ..so cute that you can bring your baby home in the same outfit his Dad wore !

Sam how exciting to be back on the TTC wagon in 4 months time!

Glad things are going along well for you Tonya.

Well Mari I'm sad you've never had a shower because you could have used at least one shower more than most!!! I've just had one shower - 2nd time round and this time I will just catch up with my friends in small groups before the baby is born... I don't really feel like I need anything so when people say they want to buy something I just say wait til the baby is born and choose something then .

Marie so cool you've got plenty of space for the kids to run around outside!

AFM, all good. I'm getting slow and uncomfortable, not sleeping well etc but still feeling like things are going along really well babywise and that's all I care about! I am finishing work next week so looking forward to getting baby things organised .

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; March 9th, 2010 at 01:14 PM.
March 9th, 2010, 07:58 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Mari- I had to give up BF at 6 1/2 weeks. My supply sucked! I was trying everything to build it up, but between latch issues (had to use a nipple shield 90% of the time) and then knowing that I was coming back to work and pumping was not producing much- I discussed it with my nurse and we decided I was better off going 100% FF. CJ was just so frustrated every time we nursed which then frustrated me.
I packed up all my stuff and am hoping we have better luck with the next baby.

And 15 pounds sounds pretty good!!!

Tonya- YAY for 26 weeks!! glad all is going well!

Marie- Let me know how it goes with the housekeeper. That is something DH and I have tossed around for some time- having someone come in once a week or so. My problem is I would want to clean the house before they came to clean the house.

Lenore- I can't believe you are 34 weeks!! then again I can't believe sometimes that I have a baby!

March 9th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I already answered for the week, but had a couple of things to add.

Becky, I love the outfit. THat is such a neat thing to be able to have and do for Tony and Mark.

Sam, I am sorry that BFing didn't work, I certainly didn't mean to make it worse. I know how tough it is with supply issues. I FF and BF because I simply don't make enough. No amount of anything, (fill in the blank) makes a difference. Just the way I am I guess. I hope you and CJ are enjoying formula feeding, and most important, Mommy and Baby are not frustrated and are happy! I am excited for you that you will be TTC in a few short months.

Marie, I was meaning to ask on the little boy that was being considered being placed for adoption with you. I don't mean to pry, just wondering if anything came out of it. I think it's great you want 5! How did the haircut go? Good for you to treat yourself!

Lenore, you are getting to the home stretch, I'm sure you are uncomfortable. I hope you enjoy your time off and can get some much needed rest.

Have a good week!

March 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

Becky - you look so beautiful, momma! And, I think that your "take me home" outfit is absolutely adorable. How neat that Tony wore that too! It sounds like you guys and little Mark are all set from the shower -nice!

Sam - yay for AF and moving closer to TTC again! I can't believe that CJ is 2 months old.

Mari - it sounds like things are going well -15 pounds is great! I hope your LO is able to get into position with plenty of time to spare.

Marie - It sounds like you have a fantastic place for the family! I loved the twins' b-day pics -your family pic was so cute too!

Lenore - yay for finishing up work soon! I'm sure that you will enjoy preparing for baby and spending some extra time with your boys. I'm anxious for your LO to arrive -can't wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl!

AFM - We had Carson's 6-month appointment today -all is well. He's a little guy, 14lbs 13 oz. He's teething and I just feel so bad for him. At night he is not a happy camper, but during the day, he is such a delight. We are leaving tomorrow for Florida to visit my family. My boys are over the moon excited about going. I'm a little nervous about flying with a new baby (and the other two boys), but at least DH will be with us. We are going to brave Disney for a day as well. Fortunately we'll have a special needs pass, so waiting in lines shouldn't be an issue.

March 9th, 2010, 06:29 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Hi Everyone!

Becky- I'm glad you had fun at your shower!

I'm so relieved to be at 23wks with an active little one. I haven't been able to pig out much with my preggo lady license to eat, thanks to sour tummy and heartburn... but other than that, no complaints!

March 9th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good evening ladies! I love these weekly updates!

As for #5, little Jaxon. I guess bio mom is having a hard time deciding to give him up, but she doesn't want to raise him, but grandma and grandpa are guardians, so who knows what will happen? We have room in our van, baby room, and hearts, so hopefully he ends up where he is meant to be, whether that's with us or not.

We got Elizabeth's ears pieced today!! They did both at once, and she didn't cry or anything! DH and the boys were there distracting her as I held her, she did super well! DH chose her little earrings, it was all his idea He choose little pink daisies in 14k gold-so cute!

We've decided we're going to baptize all four kids Catholic next month in the church where I was baptized, and where my mom's funeral was held. Its 3 hours away in my home town. I bought Nolan a black tux today, and the twins little brown suits, and Elizabeth has a beautiful white dress with pink bows. We'll use dh's auntie and uncle Frank and Audrey (their daughter Maegan died at 21 last March 15th). Frank and Audrey are siblings to DH's parents, if that makes any sense. They also had three boys and one girl Once I get a baptism date, I'll ask them.
March 10th, 2010, 04:50 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, ladies! I LOVE reading all the updates from everyone.

and Mari, you can definitely post more then 1 update a week.

Thanks for all for the compliments. I'm enjoying my bump and know that little Mark is so blessed with everything that's been given & especially the love & support we get from our friends/family. MIL thinks she has a pic of DH wearing the same outfit on some old slides. If we have it, I'll do a scrapbook page with that pic and one of little Mark. That'll be so sweet.

Now with yesterday's appointments, they both went well. I was so exhausted from being at the doctor's office for the majority of the day and I even drove myself which isn't that comfortable to do these days - and yes I can still fit behind the wheel. Jess was a brat and asked me that the other day, so I sent her a text pic showing there was a "little" space between my belly and the wheel. My 1st appt in the morning was to go over all the gestational diabetes stuff, diet, how to check my blood sugars 4 times a day, etc. It was informative and we'll see how it goes. My numbers so far have been really good. I fax weekly logs of the levels to the doc every Friday morning. I was shocked though when I seen how much the strips cost for the meter - over $100 dollars for a month's supply. We're thankful to have prescription coverage, but it'll still be quite expensive, especially since we have the $50 deductible right off the top for the year to meet, and then our co-pays start. With the regular appt afterwards, the little brat was being uncooperative and not wanting to wake up or move while he was sleeping so we got no pics this time. He is positioned really low with his head squished down on my cervix and up against my uterus wall with no space or amniotic fluid between him & the wall. The tech said we need some space & fluid to get any good pics so we didn't try. We tried to shake him to get him to move, and he just placed his hand up as to say "leave me alone!" That was so funny. But everything looked WONDERFUL!!! His heartbeat was regular and @ 152 beats a minute. He's gained 1 pound in the month, which is right on target, new estimate is 3 pounds 12-13 ounces which puts him in the 47%. No longer measuring a week ahead, which made the peri much happier and she said the fluid decreased some to. She was concerned last month when he jumped to the 97% in weight from the previous month, measured a week ahead of my due date, and my fluid increased - all signs of him becoming too large and the possibility of gestational diabetes. With following her recommendations, I adjusted my diet some then & increased my exercise and she could see a big improvement at this visit. So Yay!!! That made me feel so much better. I see her back in 3 weeks on Tuesday, March 30th, unless my blood sugar numbers start going wonky on me before then. I see the regular OB every 2 weeks and that next appt is next Tuesday afternoon, March 16th.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 10th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *SamF* View Post

Lenore- I can't believe you are 34 weeks!! then again I can't believe sometimes that I have a baby!
I was thinking the same thing Sam! When I read that Lenore was winding down at work I thought she's not that far along then I looked at her ticker and was like holy cow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post

Jess was a brat and asked me that the other day, so I sent her a text pic showing there was a "little" space between my belly and the wheel.
I'm not a brat I love the outfit that Mark is going to come home in and the fact that Tony came home in it too makes it extra special. We have a pic of Jaylen in and outfit that was DH's. Although, DH was very preemie so it fit her waaaay better than it did him. I'm sorry that you failed your 3 hour....at least you don't have that much longer to have to deal with the meter and extra stuff. Nice "score" at the shower and as always I love your bump!

Marie, I'm so happy for you and your family....a new house and a full family. And with the possiblity of Jaxon joining you....wow!

Jenn & Tonya both of you are over half way! YAY!

Heather, I can't believe that Carson is already 6 months old! Good Luck with the flight and the boys. I'm glad that DH will be there with you to help. Have fun at Disney....the older ones will enjoy it a lot.

Mari....you're getting so close now. Don't worry, she'll turn in time.

AFM...After 6 weeks of dealing with a sore wrist and not liking the dx from the walk in clinic I went to see an orthopedist. I have tendonitis....YAY So I got a cortisone shot and a cast. Yes, I'm taking care of Jaylen with a cast on my right wrist (my dominant hand). Thankfully it comes off Monday, but I wish it was off now. Typing and writing are difficult....very difficult. Jaylen is growing like crazy. She's sleeping thru the night ....well, depending on what time she goes down in the evening depends on the time she's up. I don't let her go more than 8 hours after eating. Last night she ate at 8:30 was asleep a little after 9 and I had her up at 4:30....she would have slept longer if I had let her. She's strictly formula fed and has been since she was close to a month old....I just never produced enough. Don't know if I updated with her 2 month doc appointment stats, but she's 24 1/2" long which puts her in the 97% range and 10 pounds 7 ounces which puts her in the 50% range.....if I did post this already I'm sorry. Gotta run now, I think I hear Jaylen stirring around and I have 5 horrible tax returns to get done today...YUCK!!

March 11th, 2010, 03:57 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Ok so I'm not going to try to mention everyone as there is just way too much to cover...lol

Matt has his 4 month appt tomorrow so we'll see how much he has grown...hoping he's atleast 12 lbs which he feels like...got to get his zantac upted too because what he is taking is definately not enough.....He's teething...he has two on the bottom that you can feel and see really well and his two top front teeth are starting to come through too...poor thing can't sleep because of it...oh well..I can see a couple nights cuddling with mommy coming up...good thing i have the weekend off...

AFM - someone finally figured out what is wrong with my feet...I have plantars fasciaitis (sp????). It only took a bunch of visits to 3 different docs before they figured it out. My arthritis doc wanted me to take a 2.5 week dose of pretizone (sp??) and I HATE THAT STUFF!!!! I would have gained all the weight I lost back in no time....So I called a foot doc and got in today and he said that the med would have helped until the supply ran out then the pain would have come back....So he took xrays and looked and told me that it was p.f. He gave me a cortizone shot in my foot, orderd me orthodics for my shoes and gave me a boot to wear at night when i'm sleeping...so hopefully a few nights like that and I'll be able to walk a little better....Sorry this got so long..Matt's fussing again...darn teeth...later

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
March 11th, 2010, 05:55 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
I had plantar fasc*@#&*@tis....! I never got much intervention tho. It hit me after my dd was born. I wore a slight heels on every shoe, no flats, and lost some more of the baby weight before the pain went away. I hope the shots help!

March 13th, 2010, 05:47 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So far the shot has actually helped a lot. And sleeping with the boot on at night is helping with the morning too. Not so much pain when I get up to feed Matt aroudn 2/3 when he wakes....

So we had Matt's 4mo appt yesterday. He's up to 12lbs 13.5 oz....and he's just shy of 2 feet long....The doc was really impressed with his strength (he grabbed the stethoscope cord and wouldn't let go) and he was doing some great "pushups". He checked his spinal strength and said that he would most likely be sitting alone very soon. His lumbar strength is what he usually sees closer to 6 months. They finally upped his zantac too and his feedings since then have been a lot better and no spit up....The doc told us to go ahead and start cereal whenever we wanted and if that worked go ahead and add other foods. So we are going to start tonight. One of us will feed and one will video it...should be interesting....then Matt got his shots and got very upset, but I don't blame him. We go back in 2 months......

Today we are going to the mall...they are having some kind of casting call for a scholarship thingy and we are going to try....Some guy in Maine (a very rich one) left a $500 scholarship to every baby born in Maine last year, and they need another baby (babies??) for commercials or pics or something...And we get a free professional pic done too....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
March 13th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I won't try to comment on everyone's posts, but pregnant mommies. . . as you move closer to your EDDs. New mommies. . . hope you all are keeping things going better than I am. I am a bit flustered at present from the move (still getting things taken care of) and both DH and I being unemployed (seems like no one is hiring). Oh well, just wanted to let you all know I was still around. . . lurking for the most part but trying to keep somewhat informed about what is happening in the group. Love you all. . . Beth and Katie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search