How many?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I know Mari is going to give the Duggers a run for their money
But do you see yourself having more kids? How long are you going to wait between?

Because I'm old, we can't wait long and we really want at least 2. So I'm waiting till CJ is close to 6 months- but mainly that is only because I need a year between due dates for FMLA to kick back in.
If the next baby is a boy we may try for another, but not sure. If I get pregnant quickly I will be 40 when the next is born.

March 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're hoping for #5 either by oops or adoption-then we're done! Five is more than enough in our house, lol!

Lucky mother to five!

March 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
We really want 2. We are not stopping anything from happening now, but we know that the chances of it happening naturally is slim....but we still have 2 embryos on ice.....so i think we are going to wait til about may then talk about the totsicles.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
March 9th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't see us having more kids after this. 3 is right for our family .

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 9th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hehe Sam, that made me laugh .

We are not sure about more (we never are) and just let it happen if it's going too. So as far as spacing.....we really don't plan. I think if I were to ever end up with a c/s, we'd have to try avoiding certain times until I was fully healed. But until than, we just leave it out of our control. I never got a period between the last couple of babies, so bfing isn't reliable for us, it just helped space them out enough. We know that, but also don't use percautions. We don't aim for certain days, or avoid certain days....just whenever we want. We are lucky in that we both like our alone time, if you catch my drift

But I do think pg gets harder on us as we are older. I'm not saying you ladies are old, just as I get older it gets harder. And Every pg is different. I have a hard time in my DDC sometimes being older I think, for lots of reasons. I want to have my body back in decent shape between babies, but don't fret about stretch marks to much.

Sorry this got a little long.

March 10th, 2010, 05:29 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We would love to have 1 more, but my docs have suggested we wait about a year after little Mark arrives before we try again. My age to give me time to recover & replenish my iron levels are a factor in their time frame. I'm not sure if the gestational diabetes will also be a factor now.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 10th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Im doubting that we will be trying again. Which is a bummer because I actually enjoyed being pg....until about the last month when the carpel tunnel kicked in. With the c/s I'm not sure how long we would have to wait to try again....someone told me a year, but I'm not sure. Plus with how long it took us to get pg with Jaylen I could be like 44 or older at delivery and that we feel could really be pushing more complications and defect possibilities. Besides, with practically a perfect pregnancy and a perfect baby we aren't sure we really want to tempt fate

March 10th, 2010, 07:54 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We want one more. Then we are done. I think giving birth to six babies is enough for my body.

March 10th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for the gdm, they'll just make you start meds and glucometers as soon as you're pg, that's what my internist said we'd do if I get pg

for the c/s-they like you to have 18 months btwn c/s, so get pg when baby is 9 months old-decreases risk of uterine rupture

I'm just a wealth of useless knowledge today, lol!

Lucky mother to five!

March 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
I think DH and I want two, and we are going to try again when this baby is about 1 year, although we may ntnp until then since we had such a hard time ttc this one.

March 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica C View Post
Im doubting that we will be trying again. Which is a bummer because I actually enjoyed being pg....until about the last month when the carpel tunnel kicked in. With the c/s I'm not sure how long we would have to wait to try again....someone told me a year, but I'm not sure. Plus with how long it took us to get pg with Jaylen I could be like 44 or older at delivery and that we feel could really be pushing more complications and defect possibilities. Besides, with practically a perfect pregnancy and a perfect baby we aren't sure we really want to tempt fate
drprice.com.au - After Delivery

I'll also post copy and paste a bit in case the link doesn't work:
Future Pregnancy: If you want your children close together, it is probably reasonable to wait about 6 months after a caesarean to fall pregnant. If you have a vaginal delivery, 12 months is a better idea because it will take that long for the pelvic nerves to recover.

(That's my obstetrician's website.) I think we all assume we 'need' to wait longer after a c-section than a vaginal delivery to give birth, but his view differs, so just thought I'd put it out there for you...

March 10th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don' t think my pelvic nerves will ever recover

March 10th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Counting our Blessings View Post
I don' t think my pelvic nerves will ever recover

Obviously people cope just fine with getting pregnant quickly after natural birth! I just wanted to put it out there seeing as it is (one) professional opinion re. how long to wait after a c-section that differs from most.

March 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post

I'm just a wealth of useless knowledge today, lol!
Nothing is useless knowledge!!

Thanks Lenore! I never thought about the pelvic nerve issues. But, I think it's more of an issue with how my old body would take another pregnancy....especially if it took as long for the second one.

March 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Nothing is useless knowledge!!

Thanks Lenore! I never thought about the pelvic nerve issues. But, I think it's more of an issue with how my old body would take another pregnancy....especially if it took as long for the second one.
That's fair enough! Would the carpal tunnel issue be more likely to recur too?

March 11th, 2010, 04:40 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
I don't think my bladder will ever be the same.

This baby will make five for us. Dh's kids live with us more than 50% of the time, and I have a feeling its going to be more and more every year. If that weren't the case, I would say we'd go for two together. But I think one with be the healthy and sane choice for me, and therefore us.

March 15th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum74 View Post
That's fair enough! Would the carpal tunnel issue be more likely to recur too?
Most likely....that too would probably depend on if I could lose a bunch of weight before getting pg. I was doing a little bit of research over the weekend and DH caught me When I told him what I was doing he sighed, shook his head and said he didn't want to take any chances with overdoing my body or for us to have to go thru the stress and sorrow of trying for a long time again and then the risks associated with it. So, I have a feeling that we are done with having more of our own. Which saddens me.

March 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Most likely....that too would probably depend on if I could lose a bunch of weight before getting pg. I was doing a little bit of research over the weekend and DH caught me When I told him what I was doing he sighed, shook his head and said he didn't want to take any chances with overdoing my body or for us to have to go thru the stress and sorrow of trying for a long time again and then the risks associated with it. So, I have a feeling that we are done with having more of our own. Which saddens me.
I can understand you feeling sad about it. I mean it's good he's thinking of you and the right reasons not to try again, but you just can't help what you want, particularly with regard to babies/children. Is adoption still an option when Jaylen is a little older?

March 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are already talking about adopting a little boy in the next year or so. We would like Jaylen to have a big brother that's only a couple years older than she is.

March 26th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
We are already talking about adopting a little boy in the next year or so. We would like Jaylen to have a big brother that's only a couple years older than she is.
That is exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search