Weekly Updates 3/14 - 3/20

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 07:51 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I know Becky is crazy busy so I'll get this week started (yea, it's late)

Whats going on?
Updates, appointments, pictures??

AFM
Not much for me this week. Work is busy, and CJ still is not sleeping through the night, but we are making it thanks to the Goddess Caffeena. Have to start weening myself off that soon though.
Last week he got his 2 month shots, and he did awesome! He was up to 11 pounds 4 ounces, and I think he has put on more weight since then! Need to post some new pics, just can't do it from work

March 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, Sam!! I can't wait to see some updated pics of CJ!!!

Work is super crazy for me lately, and a bit stressful which is not needed right now. Our budget was also released yesterday, and there are quite a few layoffs overall, and for a few moments it even looked like my own job was in jeopardy. That's the last thing I need to deal with right now, applying & interviewing for jobs with this baby ready to pop and then being out on maternity leave. Thankfully I am not affected, but that got my stress level up there for about an hour until I knew for sure. Whew - a big sigh of relief for us.

As far as appointments, I have my regular OB appt this afternoon and I hope it all goes well. They're doing the NST starting today, and said I'll have this monitoring at every appt until the LO arrives. Hopefully he'll cooperate and they get the good readings on his heartbeat. I see the peri back in 2 weeks on March 30th. I hope everything else is good for me today too at the appt. It's a bit odd today in that I noticed before 9:00 am that my feet are VERY swollen today. That is not like me. Sometimes in the evenings my feet are a little puffy, but never like this. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the remainder of this pg. I need to walk and move around to keep the glucose numbers low but the swelling is making it hurt to walk. So anyone have any suggestions for me? I've got a box under my desk and have had them propped up but the swelling doesn't seem to be going down and it's been over 2 1/2 hours.

Now to distract myself and to share some cute stuff - DH was singing a Greek song to little Mark last night and he shifted position in my belly to the left side closer to DH. It was like he wanted to get closer to hear the song better. So sweet! I admit a little eerie to see the belly actually move and become lopsided, but still so sweet.

So how's everyone else doing? Updates, pics???

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 16th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I miss seeing the my belly move!!!
Glad your job is ok! I'm still waiting to see what they hit us with. Our lovely (insert sarcasm) governor wants to cut another 1000 jobs statewide. Our department has so little general revenue that proportionately that would be 1 person for us, but it seems like he has it out for our department.
Enjoy your NST, it's nice to just sit there and listen to your little ones HB!

March 16th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Becky! I'm glad your job is safe and I wish I had some answers for the swelling. Make sure you are drinking enough water, that helps.

Sam, I'd love to see some new pics of CJ. Hope your job is safe also.

Sorry you ladies are worried about your jobs. What a stresser. I understand, we were off of work from October to end of Feb. Going from one income to incomes is tough.

Be back later, Nathan is up from nap time.....

March 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone! More water is my only suggestion on the swelling, Becky. I ended up getting bigger shoes to help with the discomfort. Glad to hear your job is safe. I agree with Sam, just sit back and relax with the NST. That is so cute about Mark moving to hear DH sing!

Sam, sorry to hear that CJ isnt sleeping thru the night....Jaylen's been doing that pretty close to day 1, I usually have to wake her up to feed her. Daytime's a different story tho...she usually only naps for about an hour at a time. I agree with you about missing the belly move. Hope your job is safe....good luck! Can't wait to see new pics of CJ!

Mari, yay for nap time

AFM, I "think" I'm finally getting caught up with work. Now if I can just get caught up at home. Can you believe that I finally got Jaylen's announcements out? She was just over 2 months old before they got in the mail. That's ok tho, everyone got new pics of her as well. I'm sad to say that I'm still not done with her room...almost tho. I need to sew her curtains so her room will darken up and have been waiting for feeling to come back to my hands and get caught up with work. She's been sleeping in her bassinett in our room, but I think she's about ready to go to her own soon. So my goal is to get them done this weekend. well gotta go, Jaylen's awake and cranky (very unusual for her).

March 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Just thought I'd pop in to say hi! Not much going on here this week.

March 17th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! I'm reading everything, but just feeling tired and a bit behind with organising ds's 3rd birthday party!! Cake is in the oven now at least . Next, wrap the pass the parcel!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 17th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Theo wants to say hi
bskfbwrwjkhvfbgvn /./././/lvmk vm vm ,c n v

Lucky mother to five!

March 18th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Awwww Hi Theo!!!

March 18th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello Theo. Also, hello to Nolan, Elizabeth and Arthur from Katie.

We are still trying to get everything reorganized from the move (seems like it is taking forever) and both of us are still unemployed. Katie gets her 4 month vaccinations next Tuesday, she is teething and from the amount of time spent eating & sleeping, I think she is going through a growth spurt.

to all

March 18th, 2010, 12:45 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beth - I hope that you and DH find something very soon! I'm sorry that you haven't yet. It's good, though, that you are closer to your family. I'm sure you are very happy to be there!

Becky - ditto on the water and maybe try to take some time each day to put your feet up? I don't know if that'll help. Just a thought. Hope your NST goes well -I always enjoyed them.

Sam - I totally understand about not sleeping through the night. Carson STILL doesn't sleep through! I don't even know how I'm functioning. There are still nights when he is up every two hours! I don't know what the deal is. My older two started sleeping through by 8 weeks. Hang in there, hun!

Jessica - yay for Jaylen sleeping! Maybe she can give Carson some tips! And, don't feel bad about your announcements. Ours went out in our Christmas card, so Carson was over 3 months old by then.

Marie - I love your kids' pic in your siggy!

AFM - we had a wonderful time in FL! I hated to come home, honestly. It was very hard to say good-bye to my grandma. She isn't well and I don't know if/when I'll get to see her again. It was so precious to see her with Carson. Here are a couple of pics -

I was so excited to find a floppy hat for Carson. I think they are so adorable on babies.

Fun on the plane -the kids did great! This is the flight home, so I think we were all a little tired!

March 18th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good afternoon ladies! Its snowing here today, after spending the past two months melting....
Spring will be here soon I hope!

Lucky mother to five!

March 18th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute pics Heather - Carson is gorgeous!

Love the new pic in your siggie Marie !

Hope you are getting good sleeps in while Katie is going through her growth spurt Beth!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search